Hooper

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

But he's not match fit though, is he?

How can he possibly be match fit when he's not played any matches in about 10 months.

Owlstalk at it's finest.

He'll take about 10 games to get up to speed, and by then we're pretty much at the end of season.

The best we can hope for re: Hooper is the odd cameo here and there from the bench and the avoidance of (another) injury.

He needs to be the first one on the departure list in the summer, IMO.

I think you'll find that was me point

You need to read the bit where i say "how long will that take..How long til the end of the season"

22 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

We're talking of launching someone in. My point is why launch an ageing injury prone player in! If you're going to launch anyone then it should be a young un to see what he's made off. Hopefully not biscuits like Hooper. 

Yes but it would be better if Borukov was ready and in some sort of form. This time last year would have been better for him.

10 minutes ago, ex_retfordowl said:

2 years younger than billy pig with a similar goals to game ratio. Get him fit and manage his game time......20 goals next season.....in prem lol

I think that’s what we’ve got to look at 

Finishers like this aren’t always available - if we were to dump him, there’s no guarantee next person won’t do job? 

At least we know Hooper is an out and out scorer - if he can prove his worth next ten games, id offer him reduced terms - I’m sure Bruce is a fan of his overall play too

How many people have slated the club for offering silly wages and long contracts to old or injury prone players over the last few years? 

Now some want us to offer a new deal to a 30 year old who hasn’t played all season, only managed half of last and half of the one before? 

Imagine if he wasn’t our player and we were trying to sign him. I doubt anyone would want him due to our financial issues. Bearing in mind he’s on 30k plus.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

How many people have slated the club for offering silly wages and long contracts to old or injury prone players over the last few years? 

Now some want us to offer a new deal to a 30 year old who hasn’t played all season, only managed half of last and half of the one before? 

Imagine if he wasn’t our player and we were trying to sign him. I doubt anyone would want him due to our financial issues. Bearing in mind he’s on 30k plus.

Blinded by an orange bib mate

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

I think he will end up back at Celtic next season half fit he will be one of the best strikers in that League and they will probably give him a decent wage.

yer that's a distinct possibility , what ever a club offers him in wages would be taking a huge gamble . he has been earning close to 30k a week for a few years I doubt he would be interested in signing for someone on half the wages . 

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

As I said you will find that hooper and lee will get taken on at a decent level if they get back to any sort of fitness even if it’s a gamble. 

And hold on Hooper although having a couple of bad seasons with injuries still payed roughly 25 games in 17/18 and 16/17. Before that he was normal late 30s per season, 

Same with Kieran lee, it was only late in the 16/17 season and 17/18 season he got injured and both around the same times when Carlos was in charge with his mental poo training and playing people when not fit approach.  Go figure. 

Just because players pick pick up bad knocks doesn’t automatically mean they are done, they have a chance and should get a chance , no sorry will get a chance here or at a another club, and as I said I’m lretty sure both will prove themselves if given the time be that here or elsewhere. 

But it like I said all our top notch message board physios know better just like you all did with hutch and Westwood. 

These two deserve at least some some respect from our fans but most on here don’t know what that means, quick to ditch them off without giving them a chance, probably after our approach put them in this position with the fuckimg ridiculous poor fitness in the CC era. 

I bet the smae people saying fizz them out are the same people that cry at the likes of Atkinson leaving us etc.  

No wonder footballers do t show loyalty anymore. 

they had bad knocks? lee had a very serious hip injury was rushed back too quickly since then he has had other injures too, as for hooper aint a clue he has had about 3 different injures . like 99% of the supporters I rate these 2 highly .but father time has come on there football careers ,we aint a charity they both have earned good money in there careers and both seem sensible lads so im sure there set for life on what they have earned . we are about to announce horror accounts which will show our wage bill has increased again and losses way over the ffp limit. there is no time for sentiment 

If Hooper regains general fitness with no set backs he could be a useful option till the end of this season. That would be a bonus.

Especially as I could see him looking good in the 10 role in this system.

Would be good for Bruce to have a chance to look at him and assess him.

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

And I’d love a night with Kate Beckinsale but like a fit Lee and Hooper, unfortunately it ain’t gonna happen  

There's that famous saying isn't there..

Aim for the moon and ..you might fall into a black hole created by a star collapsing on itself as it runs out of fuel and it's incredible gravity implodes it's on itself.

Something like that anyway.

Point is... you might end up with the half sister who was in Londons Burning.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

There's that famous saying isn't there..

Aim for the moon and ..you might fall into a black hole created by a star collapsing on itself as it runs out of fuel and it's incredible gravity implodes it's on itself.

Something like that anyway.

Point is... you might end up with the half sister who was in Londons Burning.

Would happily slip into the pink or brown hole m’lord

• Haha 1