Hooper

Don't get why certain people are getting 'touchy' about this scenario. I rate Hooper as one of the best players at the club but what's the point when he's constantly injured? 

He's the favourite striker to leave the club for me because Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes are all under contract. Horrible to see as well because I really do love him as a player but with FFP looming over us we might need to cut ties now. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

As an aside...

Hooper has played more minutes in the last two seasons than Hutch and FF.

Really? Did not know that. Interesting considering the grief hooper gets on here for his fitness levels. Regardless of injury records I would keep all three because when fit they are all top quality championship players.

Look at the risk?

what sort of contract are we gonna offer?

Has he time to actually prove himself match fit before the season ends?

We can't afford to simply ignore FFP can we?

No bugger knows how its going to pan out....

AND...Look how we are playing at the minute?..Does he fit?..Does it matter?

I'm not saying Ive got the answers.,..I'm simply saying there are valid questions

3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Really? Is that including this season or do you mean last 2 full seasons?

17/18 and 18/19 league games 

Hooper 22 starts 1930 mins

FF 16 starts 1570 mins

Sam 21 starts 1690 mins

21 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

But we aren’t signing a player from forest, we aren’t spending mo ey except wages, we need bodies here next year and plenty will be released.  He costs no transfer fee and if he gets fit is in the 5-10 mill striker bracket at least. 

No one is suggesting we go silly and sign him on a 3-5 year deal but to totally write him off with our situation is just barmy. 

With the clubs financial issues and Wednesday been handicapped more then most with injuries over last few years be barmy to give a contract to an over 30 player who has not played for over a year.

Need a fresh start.

16 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

In this thread there is another myth too about him being injured constantly before this, he was playing mid 30 games every season for ages before this injury. 

People just assume because hes had a bad i jury nes I jury prone full stop.  And that’s testicles

Since we signed him 3 years ago, he’s been injury prone. You can’t deny that. And it’s been more than 1 long injury.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

With the clubs financial issues and Wednesday been handicapped more then most with injuries over last few years be barmy to give a contract to an over 30 player who has not played for over a year.

Need a fresh start.

Agree.

Its a massive shame. He’s a quality player when he’s fit and in the mood. Can completely understand people wanting to cling on.

33 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

He’s had three seasons the first one he wasn’t, the back end of the season second half he got injured and we played him too early coming back and then he went out again, that’s not injury prone that’s reckless management of players   

He he hasn’t had those injury problems anywhere else in major ways.  We ruined so many players under CC he should be crucified for what he did to our squad. 

He only played 60 odd games at Norwich for 3 seasons before he came to us. Thats about half a season each time.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

In this thread there is another myth too about him being injured constantly before this, he was playing mid 30 games every season for ages before this injury. 

People just assume because hes had a bad i jury nes I jury prone full stop.  And that’s testicles

What about the 60 games for norwich for 3 seasons before he came to us. Dont know what that equates to but it doesnt sound like mid 30's

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

It doesn’t matter what I would offer him, it’s what the club will, and why he will accept.

wear offloading a lot of contracts which we are it wouldn’t be horrendous to take a small risk if he’s back playing because we aren’t spending transfer fees. Offering hooper a new deal if relatively fit or lee for that matter isn’t going to get us a point deduction, they could be like signing two 5-10 million players if they come back and get fit,   Time will tell and I wouldn’t write either off just yet, even if we don’t take th punt someone will. 

And this isn’t a reply to you billy but in general, people keep saying his record sipuggeats he will get injured again,  that’s testicles it’s the past two seasons that did his damage under the ridiculous CC era, we probably played him  and made it ten times worse whilst he was injured same with lee. 

With th Wright rehabilitations players have come back from a hell of a lot worse injuries than these two had. 

Ok. Assume he gets fit. We wont be able to offer him what hes on now. Assuming we wanted him to stay i will punt he goes to the states instead or another overseas league, china maybe. Wages we will be offering post season will be about 10k a week i reckon due to the embargo. Hooper fit or not wont be entertaining. At his age he is nowhere near a 5 to 10 million signing either.