Hooper

22 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

sign elsewhere? who are these clubs what are looking to sign players 31 plus who aint played since 2017? also on big wages .there are some clubs in league 1 what have entire wage bill less than these 2 added together. do you think we should have kept loovens or Wallace? loovens struggled with injuries towards the end with us and is constantly injured for sunderland. . with hooper not only has he not played since 2017 before that he had appx 4 spells on the sidelines with injuries of 6-8 weeks . per wage of 30k a week you can double that as he has been fit less than 50% of the time.  the past is gone, forget 2015 . also if a player is on such good money and he gets offered 10k a week instead of 30k he wont get out of bed , we need younger fitter players with huger to do well lets leave the good memories of lee and hooper and move on. 

Unfortunately, you're right. At this level, Hooper is a great player and without doubt one of the best players in the Championship. He reminds me a lot of Terry Sherringham in that whilst he doesn't have pace, he's excellent at finding space, has an excellent first touch and is very good at bringing other players into the game early by giving them quick ball in space rather than waiting until they have been closed down and can't make proper use of the ball. On top of that, he is a quality goalscorer.

Lee is a different animal, excellent box to box player with a good footballing brain who was able to run all day.

However, I can't see either having their contracts renewed because of their injury record. It's a great shame as they would both seriously improve the team if fit

27 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

sign elsewhere? who are these clubs what are looking to sign players 31 plus who aint played since 2017? also on big wages .there are some clubs in league 1 what have entire wage bill less than these 2 added together. do you think we should have kept loovens or Wallace? loovens struggled with injuries towards the end with us and is constantly injured for sunderland. . with hooper not only has he not played since 2017 before that he had appx 4 spells on the sidelines with injuries of 6-8 weeks . per wage of 30k a week you can double that as he has been fit less than 50% of the time.  the past is gone, forget 2015 . also if a player is on such good money and he gets offered 10k a week instead of 30k he wont get out of bed , we need younger fitter players with huger to do well lets leave the good memories of lee and hooper and move on. 

I think he will end up back at Celtic next season half fit he will be one of the best strikers in that League and they will probably give him a decent wage.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Basedon the fact of common sense that good players that have injuries do t just collapse forever and lose all footballing talent 

tbf I do t know why I’m even arguing with people on here we have some of the most bizzare fans in the world. Can’t see the woods for the trees most of our supporters

Just ask the numpties what they think about Hutch, considering he'd retired previously.

On 27/02/2019 at 08:44, Beholder said:

Your opinion. 

And its my opinion you will be proven wrong. 

You are one of a few posters on here who repetitively post that players need to be got rid of and there time has been and gone. 

Its not realism its negativity for its own sake. 

Probably on this occasion though he's got a massive point ..

No room for sentiment anymore. He's been out for 14 months all the while collecting £32k a week to play golf ...

Get rid and let someone else come in right now and to try and flourish ...

Hooper is off to the states probably

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep that’s what I was saying, there’s people who have had much worse injuries that have come back more than fine. The only reason they have been out so lomg is because they were abused and played when not fit in previous regimes. 

If we wouldn’t have done that they probably would be firing us higher up the table now.......

at very least they they both deserve the chance to try and prove fitness before our oh so loyal fans fizz them off without a care in the world. Both have been good servants to the club. 

If if they don’t make it in time for us I am sure and hope for them they get back and I just hope they don’t come back and bite us if they are in the championship. 

I can see your point with Lee but not Hooper/Abdi/JVA etc etc

21 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Why not hooper ? What has he done wrong like? Everytime he has played he has a good goal scoring record, Infact one of the best in the past twenty years, so he doesn’t deserve respect and a chance because CC played them into the ground whilst injured.  

Cant say that’s fair, abdi I think ha royally took the wee wee but lee and hooper didnt not want to play  

Not said he's done anything wrong but i don't think he's been "abused" as you put it and his career ruined

He's been out with a mystery injury now for 14 months. Mind you his handicap has tumbled...

Lee is different. Coco should never have played him in that semi.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Just because he’s been seen on a golf course doesn’t mean he isn’t injured, he was playing like. Ma y with knocks when CC was in charge, I don’t get all this stuff when people have digs at footballers some activities don’t effect the injuries they have, he’s sat not being able to play the sport he loves, give the man a break do we want him to sit in his house and just watch tv all day every day for 14 months? 

I cant blame any player or manager now for not being loyal to a club because both clubs and fans hang them out to dry with stuff like this, that’s one of the reasons rightly or wrongly why hirst took jnr away. He knows now that there is fizz all loyalty just like when we fizzed him off when he got injured. 

People have a pop at players coming to the end of contracts quite a lot ( not just our fans , football fans IN general) about them not being bothered because they know they aren’t being kept on etc, well fizz yeah , why would they risk getting injured and not getting another job when they are getting kicked out???

what other person would not react the same?  Ey up kid I know we are flipping you off from our builders firm contract next week but do me a favour, can you climb up that ladder there with this bifold door that needs three men to do it pal because the lads we are keeping are doing other things at the moment.......

fizz off if you knew you were gone you wouldn’t risk fizz and I mean fizz all. 

Football fans and clubs want it all one sided, demand loyalty from players and managers then so quick to turn on them and say fizz them out when it suits. 

WTF has that got to do with your post!!

As for my handicap comment, it was tongue in cheek Think someone needs to lighten up.

I do find the Hooper situation strange. It's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth

If he's match  fit play him..His record is decent, but he's getting older, no doubt more injury prone and is a high wage earner.

In the position we are in it would be daft to offer him a new contract if he can't prove his worth before the end of the season.

How long to be match fit?..How long to the end of the season?

Its risky isn't it?

I'm not slagging him off, I'm just simply talking financial and footballing sense.

Ive ceased to spaff about seeing Abdi, Hooper or Lee in a bloody orange vest on a training ground.

If we let those go, it might free Bruce up to do a bit more of what has already been a vast improvement, theres little room for sentiment..The little I have would probably go to Lee because I don't think the club did him any favours whatsoever

• Like 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

If he's match  fit play him..His record is decent, but he's getting older, no doubt more injury prone and is a high wage earner.

In the position we are in it would be daft to offer him a new contract if he can't prove his worth before the end of the season.

How long to be match fit?..How long to the end of the season?

Its risky isn't it?

I'm not slagging him off, I'm just simply talking financial and footballing sense.

Ive ceased to spaff about seeing Abdi, Hooper or Lee in a bloody orange vest on a training ground.

If we let those go, it might free Bruce up to do a bit more of what has already been a vast improvement, theres little room for sentiment..The little I have would probably go to Lee because I don't think the club did him any favours whatsoever

Match fit?!

:duntmatter::duntmatter::duntmatter::duntmatter:

• Haha 3

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Thx for your input lol

But he's not match fit though, is he?

How can he possibly be match fit when he's not played any matches in about 10 months.

Owlstalk at it's finest.

He'll take about 10 games to get up to speed, and by then we're pretty much at the end of season.

The best we can hope for re: Hooper is the odd cameo here and there from the bench and the avoidance of (another) injury.

He needs to be the first one on the departure list in the summer, IMO.