Jump to content


Mus

Bruce says squad needs trimming down

Recommended Posts

Only been here 2 minutes and off already and taking the chairman with him.....

 

Thanks and good luck Steve Spruce and Dejphon Chantreeey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Wednesday squad size needs trimming, in other news the sun will rise tomorrow............ or will it??????WTF:

 

Get rid of anyone for me and start letting Bruce bring in his team. Flash Black 12 month sale, everything must go!!!! But if you want an expensive model then you still pay a decent amount (Reach, Bannan, Lees, Forestieri, Joao). Everyone else can go.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lombado said:

reminds me of a girl i knew in the 80's.....

 

blimey....you as well :blush::biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is right. Pleased we have so many players out of contract at the end of the season. Hopefully the majority of them will be released and depending on f*****g FFP we can bring a few new players in to freshen up the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

SWFC dead-wood sale:-

 

Joost van Acorn

Kieran Westwood

Fernando Forestieri

Ash Baker

Cameron Doorson

Liam Palmer

 

Question mark over new manager, Steve Spruce.

 

Scott Oakes' secret love child? :blink:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the summer I'd like to think we'll let the following go...

 

Abdi

Matias,

Hooper

Jones

Lee

 

That takes us down to 22 right there.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Agree with him completely.

 

Van Aken

Palmer

Preston

Onomah (loan)

Hec (loan)

Matias

O'Grady

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Hooper

Lee

Westwood

 

Only realistically want to keep Hector,Westwood if im being honest. As Lee and Hooper who I both rate arent going to figure at all from now just cant see it. Which is a huge shame. If both accepted a pay as you play next season id 100 percent do that. But highly unlikely. 

 

If you did keep Westwood,Hector you would be saving around 170k a week id say. A huge amount IF we can avoid ffp. Some real scope for freebies and loans in the summer to replace the 11 going and trimming the squad.

Van Aken isn’t out of contract...unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Agree with him completely.

 

Van Aken

Palmer

Preston

Onomah (loan)

Hec (loan)

Matias

O'Grady

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Hooper

Lee

Westwood

 

Only realistically want to keep Hector,Westwood if im being honest. As Lee and Hooper who I both rate arent going to figure at all from now just cant see it. Which is a huge shame. If both accepted a pay as you play next season id 100 percent do that. But highly unlikely. 

 

If you did keep Westwood,Hector you would be saving around 170k a week id say. A huge amount IF we can avoid ffp. Some real scope for freebies and loans in the summer to replace the 11 going and trimming the squad.

 

Woah, we can still recall him? :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In the summer I'd like to think we'll let the following go...

 

Abdi

Matias,

Hooper

Jones

Lee

 

That takes us down to 22 right there.

I’d go with this I’d add hooper too as much as I like him he’s an expensive luxury to gamble on his fitness in an area we are over loaded in 

 

if we can sell a few too one big one maybe reach ( he wouldn’t be overly missed compared to what we might get in transfer fees) and van aken ( go knows who’d buy him ) maybe even a sale on Rhodes, attey or Winnall two out of three of them would be good 

 

that might bring us back in line and trim the squad to a better level

 

all hyperthetical but at least it might mean we can do business towards the end of the window or in January or bring in some loans 

 

we will still need to add pace to the squad though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t rule Hooper out if Bruce is taking of him being back in 2 weeks 

 

He wouldn’t be talking about him at all if he was knackered 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I wouldn’t rule Hooper out if Bruce is taking of him being back in 2 weeks 

 

He wouldn’t be talking about him at all if he was knackered 

We’ve been talking about him for a year. Would love to see him back, and KL, SADLY I DONT THINK ITS GOING TO HAPPEN

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

 

Yes but Forestehairy spelt correctly. 

 

1 hour ago, Lombado said:

reminds me of a girl i knew in the 80's.....

I married her and she aint changed a bit to date

Edited by Mr Mercury
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

27!?!? I thought we had more then 40 professionals on there books.

We do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC players + est wages  

Van Aken - 10k - sell n try get money back

Palmer - keep as back up

Preston - loan out

Onomah (loan) - send back

Hec (loan) buy with VA money

Matias - get rid save 12k

O'Grady - dont know enough bout him - loan out

Jones - get rid 50k

Abdi - get rid 25/30k

Boyd - get rid 25/30k

Hooper - depends if think can recover, offer a year

Lee - same as Hooper

Westwood - keep

 

so....save approx 130k wages

try get back 3 or 4m for VA and offer Chelsea 1m for Hec

2 -3m to spend plus 130k wages for new players

simples lol

Edited by ozzieowl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Only hector worth keeping . The rest have had their day and or are crap . Oh I’d keep Palmer as back up too 

 

Wow.

 

You really do hate our current squad don't you?

 

Heres an idea- get behind them for rest of the season under a new manager.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

 

SWFC dead-wood sale:-

 

Joost van Acorn

Kieran Westwood

Fernando Forestieri

Ash Baker

Cameron Doorson

Liam Palmer

 

Question mark over new manager, Steve Spruce.

You forgot 

 

Barry Bananatree

Jordan Rhododendron

Atree Nuhiu

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

OOC players + est wages  

Van Aken - 10k - sell n try get money back

Palmer - keep as back up

Preston - loan out

Onomah (loan) - send back

Hec (loan) buy with VA money

Matias - get rid save 12k

O'Grady - dont know enough bout him - loan out

Jones - get rid 50k

Abdi - get rid 25/30k

Boyd - get rid 25/30k

Hooper - depends if think can recover, offer a year

Lee - same as Hooper

Westwood - keep

 

so....save approx 130k wages

try get back 3 or 4m for VA and offer Chelsea 1m for Hec

2 -3m to spend plus 130k wages for new players

simples lol

You might want to add Pudil to that list. Got to ask who you think's gonna pay 3 or 4 million for JVA, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I wouldn’t rule Hooper out if Bruce is taking of him being back in 2 weeks 

 

He wouldn’t be talking about him at all if he was knackered 

A player back in two weeks I have never heard that before about a Wednesday player before :duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×