Nando Number Ten

40 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Quite the opposite I thought.

Bruce was on at him all first half to sit higher up the field. As always he dropped deeper and deeper. 

Someone used to show those heat-map thingies on here. I think if you compare FF’s heat-maps when he plays striker or wide left you wouldn’t see very little difference. He drops naturally into that deep left pocket to pick the ball up.

Doesnt work imo. He’s a brilliant winger in a 442, a very good wide forward in a 433, and a poor striker in a two. 

Still at it I see

lol

Slightly concerned that Bruce sees Forestieri as our Messi. 

I dont think he deserves to be starting games and playing 80 mins. 

I would have played Joao up top with fletcher today and I think we'd have won if we had. 

Forestieri needs to work his way in from the bench imo. 

49 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not at it today. Doubt he’ll ever get back to the Nando we saw in 15/16. Hopefully he can get close to it though. 

Forget that, the FF from last March onwards would be fine, that's the best I've ever seen him.

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I would have played Joao up top with fletcher today and I think we'd have won if we had. 

Hopefully it is a bit of man management from Bruce. FF is not a number 10, his best season was for us was on the left and I hope Bruce knows this deep down..

Edited by Owls2k

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Give over. Nando’s on a different level to Fletcher and Joao. He just needs games. 

9 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Give over. Nando’s on a different level to Fletcher and Joao. He just needs games. 

Joao is fit and scoring. 

Can't remember when Forestieri was last firing on all cylibders and in form. 

You play your best options for winning a game. That means bringing Forestieri on from the bench. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Joao is fit and scoring. 

Can't remember when Forestieri was last firing on all cylibders and in form. 

You play your best options for winning a game. That means bringing Forestieri on from the bench. 

Ive always been a big fan of Joao. He starts ahead of Fletcher for me. Alongside Nando. Some good chemistry between them imo.

14 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Ive always been a big fan of Joao. He starts ahead of Fletcher for me. Alongside Nando. Some good chemistry between them imo.

Agree, ff needs pace around him and match fitness, but only time will tell if he can be the same player as before injuries.

Would like to see 4231:

bannan hutch 

Aarons   ff   reach

Joao  

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Agreed. 

Joao 9 goals in 1150 minutes this season.

FF 2 and a pen in 980 minutes.

Really odd choice.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Funnily enough last time he was match fit, he’s had two lomg term injuries since that point as I have said in many posts at least give him time to get fit before you say he’s finished

With all due respect, 2roland2, and I do respect your opinions, why was he (Forestieri) on the pitch if he wasn't as match-fit as Bruce thinks he ever will be?  Bruce, love him or hate him, is a no-nonsense type of Manager, Forestieri is getting his chances, today was one chance. 

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Pits only his second game back after months out........... our fans are unbelievable give the man a chance to regain at least some level of match fitness before we start talking rubbish 

Same with Winnall who appears to be written off by some very knowledgeable “supporters “ having played next to no match time after a bad njury.

FF is not effective enough. He needs to play closer to their box, and closer to Fletcher. Far too much pointless faffing in the middle of the pitch. 

We are not good enough to carry a floating number 10 who seems intent on little flicks 50 yard from the opposition net.