Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Well because he's scored 9 goals for them in 40 games, 29 of which he was a substitute. It works out as a goal every 133 minutes.

For comparison, Lucas Joao has a goal every 162 minutes, Forestieri a goal every 259 minutes, Fletcher a goal every 267 minutes, Matias a goal every 278 minutes and Nuhiu a goal every 333 minutes.

So better than anyone we've had up front this season.

He didn't have that tache as his manager for 5 months though.

Guest gizowl
14 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Maybe we should look at the Bin Laden family to fund our promotion push...... appears to have worked for others...whoosh

Just when you think that club couldn't do anything lower than what it's done in the past and whoosh, Mcsue is classless as is that vile club why on earth does it exist. I hope the Premier league throw the book at them. 

49 minutes ago, bradowl said:

We've played at Anfield loads of times since disaster and there's been no trouble whatsoever. 

Not sure if there's been any transfers between clubs but Steve Nicol was present at disaster and had a good couple of years with us afterwards. 

Didn't  a Liverpool loanee pretty much single handedly save us from relegation in the Sturrock era.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Can see responses now: 

just type of player we should be avoiding.... best years behind them..... Ronaldo injured loads last season..... doesn’t fit the age profile.... 

Exactly. We need better. 

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think most people thought the same back then, and I could see a similar clamour for Charlie Austin, if there was some substance in the link. In my opinion though, what we need is, somebody with a bit more pace and guile. 

I'm inclined to agree with you re. Austin.

It does seem like the sort of signing that we've previously been bitten by. High earning players been signed on what they've previously done.

Are his best years behind him? There's no doubt he's struggled with injuries since leaving Swindon a long time ago. 

That said, you do feel that Charlie Austin in the Championship, would score goals...if fit. But given the wages and fitness issues, it perhaps feels like it's risky move. 

There might be one or two who don’t get a look in at Villa if they go up. For example  I bet they sign strikers so does that open up a loan for Kodjia? Did Bruce sign him?

Likewise Derby may have one or two such as Mason Bennett who may add some pace up front.

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

There might be one or two who don’t get a look in at Villa if they go up. For example  I bet they sign strikers so does that open up a loan for Kodjia? Did Bruce sign him?

Likewise Derby may have one or two such as Mason Bennett who may add some pace up front.

Well impressed with Bennett last night. Thought it was daft to take him off to be fair as that sub swung the game in Leeds’ favour prior to that plank Berardi getting himself sent off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Well impressed with Bennett last night. Thought it was daft to take him off to be fair as that sub swung the game in Leeds’ favour prior to that plank Berardi getting himself sent off. 

Didn’t we try and get him to sign for our academy

32 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Villa would be my preference to go up and mentioned Kodija earlier in the thread. Would be surplus to requirements assuming they sign Abraham and could be a good option for us on loan, as you say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Villa would be my preference to go up and mentioned Kodija earlier in the thread. Would be surplus to requirements assuming they sign Abraham and could be a good option for us on loan, as you say. 

You could see it maybe happening, but again makes a mockery of all that talk about bringing in younger players He’s nearly 30

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Don’t rate Bennett, doesn’t score enough. 

Could see Bruce going back for players at Villa, but they’ll be on big wages over there. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t rate Bennett, doesn’t score enough. 

Could see Bruce going back for players at Villa, but they’ll be on big wages over there. 

Fair point on the lack of goals, but if we are restricted on funds he could add a bit of pace and wouldn’t be that expensive.

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fair point on the lack of goals, but if we are restricted on funds he could add a bit of pace and wouldn’t be that expensive.

Only really gets a game for Derby because he’s quite quick, Nugent is past it and he’s one of their own. Would like to think we could find a better striker with pace elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

But that’s exactly the type of striker we should be looking for Perhaps Greenwood from Manchester United, though he himself has been involved with the first team recently. Basically, we need the type of player who can stretch defences, and who is capable of running in behind Don’t want see another season of knocking it up to Fletcher, for others to feed on scraps It’s too basic, especially when it’s our only attacking option

Greenwood looks class. Takes free kicks with both feet. (Not at the same time :wacko:)

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould