Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

31 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Villa and Derby each had 3 young Premiership loans in their starting 11 in the playoffs second legs.

I think?

Hope we have started talking about a couple with their clubs

It’s about getting the cream of the crop and that takes financial muscle. Just because it’s a loan, doesn’t mean there’s no cost involved. 

You’re not going to find a better use of the loan market than Derby with Wilson and Mount, and Villa with Abraham. 

38 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s about getting the cream of the crop and that takes financial muscle. Just because it’s a loan, doesn’t mean there’s no cost involved. 

You’re not going to find a better use of the loan market than Derby with Wilson and Mount, and Villa with Abraham. 

And Villa's loan deals were done by Bruce, so there's every chance he'll do the same here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce was here for a day and got us Aaron's and Lazaar. 

He is one of the best in the business at utilising this market.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bruce was here for a day and got us Aaron's and Lazaar. 

He is one of the best in the business at utilising this market.

Hardly cream of the crop?

Aarons looked promising but then was out for 6 weeks. Lazaar played 2 games. 

We will do well to attract a Tammy Abraham or a Harry Wilson, if we are sailing close to FFP do not expect Bruce to pull of these type of signings.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

56 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We will do well to attract a Tammy Abraham or a Harry Wilson, if we are sailing close to FFP do not expect Bruce to pull of these type of signings.

Managers send there players to managers they can trust. Alot of people clearly trust Bruce with there players.

No not cream of the crop but the cream of the crop was already out on loan already.

As long as we can compete financially then I expect Bruce to get as good a player as anyone on loan.

Edited by pazowl55

56 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

My mate down the chip shop who swears he's Elvis says big news tomorrow.

Not sure what to make of this!

He's usually very reliable but then again he ain't nothing but a hound dog.

I'll tell you more when I get home.

Av heard it's big news re Abdi......................return to sender

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ridiculous. Name 2 better players that were available on loan on the last day of the transfer market?

The injuries were just unlucky, nothing more could be done. They were the cream of the crop, because the crop was pretty light on options. 

1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

Elvis Hammond working down the chippie these days?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

Friggin hell how fars this chippy like lol

Edited by ozzieowl
  • Haha 1

To be fair, I wouldn’t be too bothered if all of those currently linked, turned out to be wide of the mark. Odubajo might be interesting I suppose, but we need to be looking at much better than those mentioned 

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, I wouldn’t be too bothered if all of those currently linked, turned out to be wide of the mark. Odubajo might be interesting I suppose, but we need to be looking at much better than those mentioned 

I wonder if the Norwich and pigs fans were saying the same last pre season when they were linked with names like Buendia, Stieperman, Hernandez, Pukki, Egan, Norwood and Mcgoldrick?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And you would’ve said the exact same about every one of Sheffield United’s & Norwich’s signings for the past 2+ years, barring Norwood for United

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Under our financial situation. I think you will continue to be dissatisfied.

20 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I wonder if the Norwich and pigs fans were saying the same last pre season when they were linked with names like Buendia, Stieperman, Hernandez, Pukki, Egan, Norwood and Mcgoldrick?

Correct , Some on here really believe they know better than the managers , that may have held some truth in some managers we have had but as long as Bruce has a reasonable budget and gets the final say on all transfers that will do for me .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

And you would’ve said the exact same about every one of Sheffield United’s & Norwich’s signings for the past 2+ years, barring Norwood for United

To be fair, I wouldn’t have known too much about most of the players Norwich signed. Did Utd make many signings, don’t think I’d have been disappointed had we signed, either Fleck, or Norwood. I know what you mean though, but then again, success for both of those clubs, was probably more down to the influence of the manager. Both their coaches, are tactically astute, innovative, and big on motivation