Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

As ever with SB it’s going to be a mixture of experience, youth and joined up thinking.

Diame clearly fits the bill for us!

On paper he does and everyone remembers how good he was at Wembley. But what I’ve seen of him for Newcastle he doesn’t effect games enough, looked ridiculously lazy at times.

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m afraid Austin would be another risky signing, a player, like Rhodes, whose best days are behind him. It’s starting to look as if the same recruitment team is still in charge

We haven't even signed anyone yet ffs :Sid:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

And the upstairs landing of my parents' house is 4 metres long.

What have either statements got to do with our recruitment team?

It’s 65 pages of speculation, my post was just more of the same

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m afraid Austin would be another risky signing, a player, like Rhodes, whose best days are behind him. It’s starting to look as if the same recruitment team is still in charge

Or (and I think this may be more likely) the people sharing ‘rumours’ are the same. 

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Like it or not I think Paixo (spell-check) may still be around though unlike Carlos I don't see Bruce accepting any signing he isn't keen on. 

10 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

After almost begging we sign Rhodes I think my judgement on strikers is shot. I like the Odubajo signing if true though. 

I think most people thought the same back then, and I could see a similar clamour for Charlie Austin, if there was some substance in the link. In my opinion though, what we need is, somebody with a bit more pace and guile. 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think most people thought the same back then, and I could see a similar clamour for Charlie Austin, if there was some substance in the link. In my opinion though, what we need is, somebody with a bit more pace and guile. 

100% agree. We need someone to stretch defences with their pace. Young and dynamic. The trouble is they are very well sought after those type of strikers. 

We either have to try and loan someone from the English leagues or overseas. Brewster from Liverpool could be one to look at. 

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

100% agree. We need someone to stretch defences with their pace. Young and dynamic. The trouble is they are very well sought after those type of strikers. 

We either have to try and loan someone from the English leagues or overseas. Brewster from Liverpool could be one to look at. 

Zero chance with brewster. He will be in their squad next season

I just wish we'd have some clarity from the club on what pot we're going to be p*ssin in 

Are the accounts late because we've had an injection for ground naming rights? Or are they late because we're in the poo? 

Are we working off frees and loans or do we have any cash to spend from freeing up players? 

Whats going onnnnn

13 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I just wish we'd have some clarity from the club on what pot we're going to be p*ssin in 

Are the accounts late because we've had an injection for ground naming rights? Or are they late because we're in the poo? 

Are we working off frees and loans or do we have any cash to spend from freeing up players? 

Whats going onnnnn

It’s pretty clear we are being as coy as possible. Why announce your means and intentions to your competitors. 

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Yeah I noticed he was featuring in the match day squad towards the end of the season so you could be right there.

But that’s exactly the type of striker we should be looking for Perhaps Greenwood from Manchester United, though he himself has been involved with the first team recently. Basically, we need the type of player who can stretch defences, and who is capable of running in behind Don’t want see another season of knocking it up to Fletcher, for others to feed on scraps It’s too basic, especially when it’s our only attacking option