Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

57 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

100% agree. We need someone to stretch defences with their pace. Young and dynamic. The trouble is they are very well sought after those type of strikers. 

We either have to try and loan someone from the English leagues or overseas. Brewster from Liverpool could be one to look at. 

Do you honestly think Liverpool would loan us a promising young striker when the families of the 96 victims still want SWFC to be found culpable?

If we ever get promoted the first game at Anfield will be interesting.

Edited by Hougoumont

5 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Do you honestly think Liverpool would loan us a promising young striker when the families of the 96 victims still want SWFC to be found culpable?

It would be the same as before the disaster. You will worry what your cars going to be like after the game, and walk back to it looking over your shoulder. Those jolly scousers. 

17 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

We must have played there 10 times since the disaster.  Whenever I went to Liverpool in the 90's, the locals were always friendly and would go out of there way to thank you for the support the people of Hillsborough gave their fans in the immediate aftermath of the disaster.

You must be too young to remember and believe all the bullshine you read on here.

Edited by Sham67

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

After almost begging we sign Rhodes I think my judgement on strikers is shot. I like the Odubajo signing if true though. 

I think we all feel let down, but he probably does too. I'm sure he can still be lethal if he gets the service. He showed evidence of this at Norwich. I imagine our targeted signings out wide will change the dynamic of our play in his favour, then its up to Bruce to try to coach him back to his best, or accept that he's never going to reach that level again and offload him at the first sniff of a reasonable offer. We've had some disappointments at Wednesday, but he'd be far from being our greatest.

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We must have played there 10 times since the disaster.  Whenever I went to Liverpool in the 90's, the locals were always friendly and would go out of there way to thank you for the support the people of Hillsborough gave their fans in the immediate aftermath of the disaster.

You must be too young to remeber nd believe all the bullshine you read on here.

Exactly! It's just other fans that probably were not born until 2000 think that liverpool hate us

9 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You must be too young to remember and believe all the bullshine you read on here.

Absolutely correct. I visited Anfield a few times towards the end of our Premier League days.

No animosity towards our fans from theirs. Car parked other side of Stanley Park nearer Goodison Park ...no problems.

BUT, mention the Sun newspaper or South Yorkshire Police and that’s a different matter altogether.

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Absolutely correct. I visited Anfield a few times towards the end of our Premier League days.

No animosity towards our fans from theirs. Car parked other side of Stanley Park nearer Goodison Park ...no problems.

BUT, mention the Sun newspaper or South Yorkshire Police and that’s a different matter altogether.

To be fair, mention SYP on here and you don't exactly get much positive enthusiasm either :Sid:

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Blatter said:

We always made a day of it.  Go on the train and go drinking in the city centre before and after the game.  The locals couldn't be friendlier and appreciated what the people of Sheffield did on the day.

I know a dozen or so Liverpool supporters who don't hang about together and everyone one of them has nothing but praise for Swfc fans talk about how people around the ground allowed them inside to call family and make me a cup of tea and the likes when the news was breaking

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We always made a day of it.  Go on the train and go drinking in the city centre before and after the game.  The locals couldn't be friendlier and appreciated what the people of Sheffield did on the day.

That might be the case, but it seems they DO still want SWFC to be culpable..

"I never accepted that CPS explanation that the current Sheffield Wednesday is a different company; I find it extremely unsatisfactory,” Hicks says. “Sheffield Wednesday were profiting in 1989 from holding the semi-final and selling us tickets but the conditions were unsafe and our loved ones died. It would have been significant for families to have accountability. Sheffield Wednesday still exists, playing at Hillsborough, and I believe the club should have been charged.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/sheffield-wednesday-hillsborough-cannot-be-charged-graham-mackrell

They aren’t called whinging scousers for nothing The whole city embraced blame culture, everything is always somebody else’s fault Not just talking about Hillsborough here, they never take ownership of anything..........except if it’s somebody else’s stuff

5 minutes ago, RichieB said:

That might be the case, but it seems they DO still want SWFC to be culpable..

"I never accepted that CPS explanation that the current Sheffield Wednesday is a different company; I find it extremely unsatisfactory,” Hicks says. “Sheffield Wednesday were profiting in 1989 from holding the semi-final and selling us tickets but the conditions were unsafe and our loved ones died. It would have been significant for families to have accountability. Sheffield Wednesday still exists, playing at Hillsborough, and I believe the club should have been charged.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/sheffield-wednesday-hillsborough-cannot-be-charged-graham-mackrell

Appreciate what you're saying, however I was responding to this.

50 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

• Thanks 1

Transfer Rumour Thread here people...

Norwich are rumoured to be going after striker Alexis Claude-Maurice for £8.5m from Lorient. If they're in the market for a striker I would imagine Rhodes will be playing here next season

Just now, Minton said:

Norwich are rumoured to be going after striker Alexis Claude-Maurice for £8.5m from Lorient. If they're in the market for a striker I would imagine Rhodes will be playing here next season

Sighs.......

9 minutes ago, Minton said:

I reckon he'll go back to Huddersfield. 

I just can't see him being someone that plays regularly for us, despite Bruce reportedly being a fan. Necessitates playing a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 if he plays, he can't do the lone striker's role, and IMO Bruce will want to have players in the squad that can be flexible to a couple of different systems that don't necessitate two up top

10 minutes ago, Minton said:

I can't see how/why Norwich would want Rhodes. If he barely figured for them in the Championship then why is he going to get a game for them in the Premier League? Just makes no sense to me at all.

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Under Bruce that could be a very very good thing.