Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Aston Villa bring their spending to over £120M with their 12th summer signing. What it does mean is that fringe players might become available for loan now. Players like James Bree, Birkir Bjarnason, Henri Lansbury, Andre Green, Keinan Davis and Jonathon Kodjia etc. 

Lansbury would be a good CM option if available.

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Aston Villa bring their spending to over £120M with their 12th summer signing. What it does mean is that fringe players might become available for loan now. Players like James Bree, Birkir Bjarnason, Henri Lansbury, Andre Green, Keinan Davis and Jonathon Kodjia etc. 

Andre Green in talks to sign for PNE

5 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

As much as I liked Hector it’s a move that doesn’t make sense while ever Van Aken is still here. We don’t need anymore cover for that position than what we already have. Plus when you add in that he’s gunna cost a considerable fee too, it makes even less sense. 

But... 

If we sold Van Aken then we should make a move to sign Hector, even more so if we move a striker out too.

Alternatively, if a League One side can guarantee Thorniley 30+ games on loan and Hector is still a Chelsea player next Thursday, then another loan move would make sense. 

I think you can pretty much guarantee Hector won’t be at Chelsea on the 9th though. 

Wouldnt loan Thorniley anywhere that lad will get plenty of game time at Wednesday. He is the future but lets no one down now.

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Agree, not sure who though but maybe a top flight loan prospect might be best? If possible, I'd love for us to be able to go for Marcus Maddison, I think he'd suit us really well and would add more goals and creativity to our midfield.

Been championing him all summer. Would be a great value signing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

is it me or do we just seem to be miles behind who i would call lesser teams ? top 6 looks miles away before a ball is kicked ffs

Starting 11 are ok. Our lack of quality depth is frightening

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Id love us to sign Bree.  Just what we need at left back .

1 minute ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

This has been one of thee worst pre seasons for a long time , but never as bad jimmy smith on loan and that was it 

Ahh the infamous cream of the crop transfer window.

Mind you transfer embargoed, wawaw patent row, manger flipping off, legal row over said manger, no replacement, Fessi banned for 6 games runs it pretty close.... SWFC we wouldn’t have it any other way.lol

42 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

This has been one of thee worst pre seasons for a long time , but never as bad jimmy smith on loan and that was it 

Didn't we sign James O'Connor too?

IT could be my mind playing tricks again

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

No we were desperate for wingers.

That time Megson had James O'Conner playing out wide

And some people on here think Megson is some kind of god

In fact, whenever someone states on here how good Megson was

I always remind myself, it was Megson who signed Julian Bennett twice

Once for Forest and once for us

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Id love us to sign Bree.  Just what we need at left back .

Always played RB hasn't he? Could have him on the right and Palmer or Odubajo on the left. Kind of restricts the fluency of attacks by having right footers on the left. Personally think with Odubajo, Iorfa and Palmer we are well stocked at RB. We really could do with a solid left footed LB though.  Would probably need to shift Fox out in the meantime or before deadline day for this to happen though.