Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Derby have really bolstered their defence by getting Matt Clarke in on loan from Brighton just a month after they bought him from Portsmouth for £3.5M and obviously look like getting Bielik in for an initial £7.5M rising to £10M. Crazy amount for a player that hasn't played much at this level but a real sign of continued investment and refreshment into that Derby squad. You have to admit that despite their 4 play off failings in 6 years they do consistently try and find the correct formula by buying and selling players whilst we choose to stick with the same ones. One other good thing in all of that is that they haven't opted to go for Hector as a CB option. 

Other news at the moment

Leeds sell keeper Bradley Peacock Farrell for £2.5M to Burnley. He made 28 apps for them last season before they brought in that calamity Kiko from Real Madrid. Also If Leeds sell Roofe they could turn to bringing in Dwight Gayle. 

Bristol City in for Preston defender Ben Davies to replace the outgoing £20M Adam Webster. 

Middlesbrough allegedly bid £2M for Charltons defender Anfernee Dijksteel

Finally Wigan have a new mascot that looks like a Pie. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Exactly the type of signing we should have been in for. 

Again that's the cost of putting ourselves in an embargo for years on end. And a lot of our fans don't see these knock on consequences and our absence from being able to compete in the market, progress our squad and stop the staleness setting in. Baffling really. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Other news at the moment

Leeds sell keeper Bradley Peacock Farrell for £2.5M to Burnley. He made 28 apps for them last season before they brought in that calamity Kiko from Real Madrid. Also If Leeds sell Roofe they could turn to bringing in Dwight Gayle. 

Bristol City in for Preston defender Ben Davies to replace the outgoing £20M Adam Webster. 

Middlesbrough allegedly bid £2M for Charltons defender Anfernee Dijksteel

Finally Wigan have a new mascot that looks like a Pie

Crusty the Pie - Championship signing of the Transfer window so far, may as well close the thread now. As no other business can top that... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Crusty the Pie - Championship signing of the Transfer window so far, may as well close the thread now. As no other business can top that... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

You say that until Mickey Quinn shows up for Talksport and tries to eat him

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Another ex Wednesday man coming to the capital it looks like. Glenn Whelan is in Edinburgh and about to sign for Hearts apparently. James Morrison from West Brom and Loïc Damour from Cardiff also being linked. 

Be a good signing for the jambos that. Bit surprised no championship club has taken a punt on him for a year.

7 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Have you ever seen him play?

Been a fair bit of this going on in this thread. The Derby signing Bielik has been called a terrific signing and great player by a few on here. It might be my ignorance but i watch a fair bit of football and have maybe seen this kid play once or twice max and I couldn’t tell you if he was good, bad or indifferent. 

Edited by swfc1983
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Been a fair bit of this going on in this thread. The Derby signing Bielik has been called a terrific signing and great player by a few on here. It might be my ignorance but i watch a fair bit of football and have maybe seen this kid play once or twice max and I couldn’t tell you if he was good, bad or indifferent. 

Plenty of manager wannabe on here pal they know everything, usually after the event a lot of I told u so merchants trying to gain gravitas 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Another ex Wednesday man coming to the capital it looks like. Glenn Whelan is in Edinburgh and about to sign for Hearts apparently. James Morrison from West Brom and Loïc Damour from Cardiff also being linked. 

Christ, are they attempting to reassemble our promotion winning team of 2005!