Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I just cant see us getting Hector. If we were planning on getting him, I think it would have been done by now, surely?

Only just out of the embargo, plus I think we’ll be practicing our usual Marrakesh rug seller tactics when trying to agree a deal. Hopefully it all come to fruition though

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I just cant see us getting Hector. If we were planning on getting him, I think it would have been done by now, surely?

Could say the same the other way, surely if another club were to get him, they'd have snapped him up quite easily by now? Which suggests to me, that he's possibly holding out and waiting as long as possible, to see if a return here is possible permanently or via loan? Other interested clubs might have moved on to other targets or might move on?

Edited by The Night-Owl

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Bristol getting £22m for Webster,   Hope they fancy spending £8m on Joao on deadline day 

We need to start buying players and selling them for a profit. 

What a terrible summer 2/10. 

I give us 2 because I think the three signings are give it take what we need. We still have gaps mind. And need to oust a forward. 

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

Probably cabbage heads wish list.

What's the point of that he's gone the new man may not want them. It's possible a new man has indicated certain players or if not we could be wasting money again

14 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

The thing i find strange is who's deciding which player we sign with no manager in place

The 2 recruitment blokes Bruce fetched in probably

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bayliss to PNE 2mil. Very good deal. Slightly jealous. 

Me too.

God forbid we invest money on someone for who we could earn more in the future :sad:

Edited by malek

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Sooner or later, in the near future, we're going to have to change our methods or ways in regards with sales and recruitment,wheeling and dealing, if we're going to keep competing and challenge more seriously at this level for promotion.

No point with the restrictions we keep being placed under.

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

But they were for bruce the recruitment team wont have a clue who to look at if they dont know who's in charge

It’s quite obvious the positions we need to strengthen, it’s there job to go out and identify them , it’s not always the case that managers sign the players these days am afraid 

52 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

We need to start buying players and selling them for a profit. 

What a terrible summer 2/10. 

I give us 2 because I think the three signings are give it take what we need. We still have gaps mind. And need to oust a forward. 

Getting rid of Abdi off the books along with a few others has got to make it better than a 2, surely. This plus the 3 signings make it about 4 for me.

48 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s quite obvious the positions we need to strengthen, it’s there job to go out and identify them , it’s not always the case that managers sign the players these days am afraid 

What decent manager would come here if the club are picking players before you arrive not many

• Haha 1