Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Aston Villa bring their spending to over £120M with their 12th summer signing. What it does mean is that fringe players might become available for loan now. Players like James Bree, Birkir Bjarnason, Henri Lansbury, Andre Green, Keinan Davis and Jonathon Kodjia etc. 

46 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Not a chance, this one is going to run right up until deadline. It's a game of who can get him at the best price. 

He is in the last year of his contract the only way he leaves Chelsea is on a full transfer - we I believe want him on loan so until we stump up the £2-3m Chelsea want for him its not going to happen.

What will happen as always does with us the club with dither about and he will sign for someone else probably Derby or Bristol City and we will have lost out on another good player who would improve our starting 11.

I know we are looking for a new manager and DC is on holidays (must be the only chairman in the league to be on holiday the week before the season starts) but 3 transfer the whole window both in and out of the club, is somewhat of a complete joke. 

Why have none of the fringe players such as Baker, Kirkby, JVA, Penney not been loan out for the season or till January. We have 6 strikers we don't need at least 2 of them. Why 7 days before the transfer window have we not looked to either sell or loan out, presumably this is due to the asking prices set by the club being unrealistic.

The mistake we have made for the last 3 years is leaving signing players until the last minute the player come in with no preseason and either are not match fit or end up getting injured. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Aston Villa bring their spending to over £120M with their 12th summer signing. What it does mean is that fringe players might become available for loan now. Players like James Bree, Birkir Bjarnason, Henri Lansbury, Andre Green, Keinan Davis and Jonathon Kodjia etc. 

We don't need a 4th right back so Bree is a no, of that list I would probably take Green (left winger) depending where we are to play Fessi this season and I think there is next to no change they will loan out Kodja he is going to be a very good premiership player for them.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We don't need a 4th right back so Bree is a no, of that list I would probably take Green (left winger) depending where we are to play Fessi this season and I think there is next to no change they will loan out Kodja he is going to be a very good premiership player for them.

Andre Green played a lot on the right for Villa, filling in for Adomah. I'd be excited to get someone like him on loan and balance that pace up with Harris on the left. 

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Marvelous signing there last one.

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Andre Green played a lot on the right for Villa, filling in for Adomah. I'd be excited to get someone like him on loan and balance that pace up with Harris on the left. 

Green is a left winger with a right foot, but has the ability like a lot of winger to switch flanks, would be a great player to get in along with Tshibola a combative midfielder who would add cover for us and not cost the world if we got him on loan after signed from reading for £5m things at Villa have not worked out for him and he could be available for nearly free.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Green is a left winger with a right foot, but has the ability like a lot of winger to switch flanks, would be a great player to get in along with Tshibola a combative midfielder who would add cover for us and not cost the world if we got him on loan after signed from reading for £5m things at Villa have not worked out for him and he could be available for nearly free.

Tshibola looked really poor the handful of times i have seen him.

24 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Agree, looked decent when I've seen Villa play. 

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

and sounds like a deadly contagious viral disease WTF::ghoulguy:

A midfield trio of Marvelous Green Tshibola ain't something you would be wanting to get to close too.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

I'd like us to sign a young prospect to bring balance to our midfield. I was excited by the link with Turnbull earlier in summer. Tom Bayliss at Coventry is another prospect worth turning our attention to. 

Will we still be after a left back in this window? It’s still a position we could upgrade, but Fox has shown better form from when Bruce took over, plus Odubajo has been signed. Palmer and Penney can also play there.  I suppose it comes down to what areas we want to prioritise  Looking at how we’ve performed, we still could do with a dominant centre back (Hector) and an attacking player who can give us a bit of guile, and an up and down, all action midfielder

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Now we are out of the embargo, what is the hold up with bringing Hector back to the club? Do we need to sell first? 

Without a doubt we need to sell. Even with the ground money we only scraped a a profit. The real books were a 30+ million loss. We will struggle next year as well while we clear the big earners out.

Edited by ZicoSterland2

Those two lads in recruitment must be frustrated out there minds , come on Wednesday please get something moving one way or another 

Really do think we’re going with what we’ve got and the policy of not selling isn’t going to change anytime soon 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Those two lads in recruitment must be frustrated out there minds , come on Wednesday please get something moving one way or another 

Really do think we’re going with what we’ve got and the policy of not selling isn’t going to change anytime soon 

Somebody as to come  with a decent bid for players to sold

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd like us to sign a young prospect to bring balance to our midfield. I was excited by the link with Turnbull earlier in summer. Tom Bayliss at Coventry is another prospect worth turning our attention to. 

Agree, not sure who though but maybe a top flight loan prospect might be best? If possible, I'd love for us to be able to go for Marcus Maddison, I think he'd suit us really well and would add more goals and creativity to our midfield.