Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

10 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If we were offered 10m or above then I agree but not for 5 or 6 million.

At the right time I think it could be considerably more than £10M. I'm not saying I think he's necessarily worth more but a few wonder goals in the first half of the season and some failing Premiership club desperate to stay up could see him as a saviour.

Still the main point I was making was sell at the peak of his value.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Now we are out of the embargo, what is the hold up with bringing Hector back to the club? Do we need to sell first? 

I was wondering whether one of the conditions of coming out of the embargo was not to add to the wage bill in the current financial year 

As that ended 31st July we are now free to make signings and appointment a manager

Fits in with announcement early this week that Bullen would be in charge at the weekend 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Now we are out of the embargo, what is the hold up with bringing Hector back to the club? Do we need to sell first? 

Dunno. Maybe with no senior management team in place and DC still on his holiday's, things on hold until he's back?

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Might be waiting to see if we can get him on loan again, who knows?

A risky strategy in my opinion, as he is in his last year at Chelsea. Possibly they might if there are no takers, but that might go right to the wire.  We need to avoid another Venancio situation

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Guessing Chelsea want a fee and we are still in no position to spend big? Might be hoping we can get him on loan again on deadline day.

I have a feeling he will join Bristol City once they’ve sold their centre back. Will be announced along side their signing of Kasey Palmer.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Guessing Chelsea want a fee and we are still in no position to spend big? Might be hoping we can get him on loan again on deadline day.

I have a feeling he will join Bristol City once they’ve sold their centre back. Will be announced along side their signing of Kasey Palmer.

That scenario wouldn’t surprise me at all

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think it will all go down on deadline day. And yes would be no surprise if we miss out.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A risky strategy in my opinion, as he is in his last year at Chelsea. Possibly they might if there are no takers, but that might go right to the wire.  We need to avoid another Venancio situation

I agree but they will probably ask for a crazy price for him? I thought earlier on in the summer, that our best chance of getting him back, would be for it to drag on toward the end of the window. As I thought, if he holds out waiting to see if we can afford him, that other possible interested teams might move on to other targets instead? Then, that way, with little chance of him getting any action at Chelsea, they might then prefer loaning him out again, even despite only having a year left on his contract?

Edited by The Night-Owl

Hector is so important to the solidity of our defence and the fact that the accounts now appear to have been accepted by the EFL showing us in profit ( even though we know the real figures ) i think we should be going hell for leather to get him into the club even if he costs a few mill and make a real attempt to move some players out,

Hector would be captain in my opinion, his leadership and battling qualities last season was outstanding.

As much as I liked Hector it’s a move that doesn’t make sense while ever Van Aken is still here. We don’t need anymore cover for that position than what we already have. Plus when you add in that he’s gunna cost a considerable fee too, it makes even less sense. 

But... 

If we sold Van Aken then we should make a move to sign Hector, even more so if we move a striker out too.

Alternatively, if a League One side can guarantee Thorniley 30+ games on loan and Hector is still a Chelsea player next Thursday, then another loan move would make sense. 

I think you can pretty much guarantee Hector won’t be at Chelsea on the 9th though. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

As much as I liked Hector it’s a move that doesn’t make sense while ever Van Aken is still here. We don’t need anymore cover for that position than what we already have. Plus when you add in that he’s gunna cost a considerable fee too, it makes even less sense. 

But... 

If we sold Van Aken then we should make a move to sign Hector, even more so if we move a striker out too.

Alternatively, if a League One side can guarantee Thorniley 30+ games on loan and Hector is still a Chelsea player next Thursday, then another loan move would make sense. 

I think you can pretty much guarantee Hector won’t be at Chelsea on the 9th though. 

Having a load of right backs, didn’t stop us buying another one Ditto the left sided centre backs, we already had Thorniley and Van Aken, and yet still brought in Borner.  I’m presuming, we will be offloading a player from both positions.  Hector is actually right footed, although he’s comfortable playing on the left.  I’d be happy if our centre back options were, Hector, Lees, Borner and Thorniley, with Iorfa and Fox able to cover there if needed.