Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

We have 3 left sided centre backs but know Van Aken isn’t up to it and we don’t know whether Thornily or Borner are or not.

I am pretty sure Hector would make a massive difference to our back four and we should be doing all we can to get him .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

This year's right back collecting is like collecting useless paceless past it midfielders like we've been doing before.

Don't rate Ash Baker's chances of many games this year.

Neither did those doing the squad numbering!

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

We have 3 left sided centre backs but know Van Aken isn’t up to it and we don’t know whether Thornily or Borner are or not.

I am pretty sure Hector would make a massive difference to our back four and we should be doing all we can to get him .

Van Aken might have improved. He might have watched Hector doing the job of a CB properly and finally the penny dropped.

Probably not though.lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I'd like us to sign a young prospect to bring balance to our midfield. I was excited by the link with Turnbull earlier in summer. Tom Bayliss at Coventry is another prospect worth turning our attention to. 

Bayliss is another player set to sign for PNE. Makes me think about what sort of players we would have been after if we had a manager all pre season. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bayliss is another player set to sign for PNE. Makes me think about what sort of players we would have been after if we had a manager all pre season. 

Is he? Fookin' ell. Would be a cracking signing for them. Are Downes & Hughes sleeping on the job..? 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’ve been banging on about signing some young blood, even before Bruce left. Like all the others, all he was interested in doing, was signing older experienced players

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Always played RB hasn't he? Could have him on the right and Palmer or Odubajo on the left. Kind of restricts the fluency of attacks by having right footers on the left. Personally think with Odubajo, Iorfa and Palmer we are well stocked at RB. We really could do with a solid left footed LB though.  Would probably need to shift Fox out in the meantime or before deadline day for this to happen though.

Bree is a bag’o poo , not really better than Iorfa or Odubajo, and certainly no better than Palmer

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve been banging on about signing some young blood, even before Bruce left. Like all the others, all he was interested in doing, was signing older experienced players

There's less pressure on a team like PNE so they can play youngsters as they aren't very expete to challenge the playoffs  

9 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

This year's right back collecting is like collecting useless paceless past it midfielders like we've been doing before.

Don't rate Ash Baker's chances of many games this year.

i haven`t seen anything from the lad to suggest he will cut it in the championship TBF.

The three players we have recruited look to be steady players at this level, and definitely bring something to the squad What we need now is, some younger players, most likely on loan, who will give us, not only energy, but that extra bit of guile that top six Premier League players can give you.  We also need to find a way of bringing Hector back to the club

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Only a week left. Not sure anything will happen apart from Big Hec. Wish we had him in already. 

Just loans, if possible it's seeming like? Hope we can get Hector back somehow. I wouldn't mind a couple of loanees, we might be able to get better quality in on loan, than what we could possibly buy?

Sooner or later, in the near future, we're going to have to change our methods or ways in regards with sales and recruitment,wheeling and dealing, if we're going to keep competing and challenge more seriously at this level for promotion.

Edited by The Night-Owl