Completely wrong approach to the game

1 hour ago, debram said:

Your expectations are low

No yours are just stupidly unrealistic . I honestly can’t believe how many thickos on this site thought we’d do better than we did . That was a respectful performance against a side a billion times better than us . Top fans my arse , some on here are so thick it’s beyond belief 

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Agnew had said we'd go for it, we didn't. Thankfully it's his last game in charge and hopefully SB adopts a more adventurous brand of football. We got what we deserved tonight, nothing.

No we got beaten by a team a billion times better than us . It’s that simple . Jeez I can’t believe the stupidity of this forum 

Edited by james o connor

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

How many of the lower league clubs were away and up against Higuain, Willian, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Ruediger.

Add that to the fact Chelsea have been absolutely unreal in the FA cup in recent years.

It's not an embarrassment. An embarrassment would be the same on Saturday against Ipswich.

Shouldn't matter who you're up against, go for it,we didn't and that is poor.

I read pages 1 & 2 and then fortunately flicked to P6 where there is some reasonable responses. Tactics were spot on, keep it tight and hopefully have one or 2 chances and if we are lucky convert one. Reach had the first chance, without VAR we would have had a pen. We could easily have gone one up if it was our day

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No we got beaten by a team a billion times better than us . It’s that simple . Jeez I can’t believe the stupidity of this forum 

Well thank goodness that teams like Wimbledon, Newport, Millwall and in the previous round, Barnet, Oldham and Gillingham didn't just think like you or the romance of the FA Cup would be dead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well thank goodness that teams like Wimbledon, Newport, Millwall and in the previous round, Barnet, Oldham and Gillingham didn't just think like you or the romance of the FA Cup would be dead. 

They weren’t playing a world class side . What did you expect us to do . Run at world class players and take them on  ? Score worldies against world class players? We played well. Considering I’m mocked for being negative On here, I’m disgusted to be a Wednesday fan tonight . Maybe the fact I realise reach isn’t a premier league  player , forestieri isn’t a mini messi and westwood isn’t Allison stands me in better stead . Or maybe I’ve just got a brain. Proud of the team today , expecially the defence . Couldn’t be more embarrassed by so called fans though 

• Like 1

-We're 17th in the Championship

-Six weeks ago we looked like we were on a one way collision course to League One

-It actually isn't just as simple as 'lets go for it' despite what some think

-Chelsea are f*cking good

-Away from home

-If we'd have 'gone for it' and got d*cked 6 or 7-0 then we'd all be coming on here saying confidence was destroyed and that we were a disgrace.

Oh and at 0-0 we were unfortunate with what went on lets not forget.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, james o connor said:

They weren’t playing a world class side . What did you expect us to do . Run at world class players and take them on  ? Score worldies against world class players? We played well. Considering I’m mocked for being negative On here, I’m disgusted to be a Wednesday fan tonight . Maybe the fact I realise reach isn’t a premier league  player , forestieri isn’t a mini messi and westwood isn’t Allison stands me in better stead . Or maybe I’ve just got a brain. Proud of the team today , expecially the defence . Couldn’t be more embarrassed by so called fans though 

There's a type of monkey that offers their arse as a type of survival method.

There's also other primates who go for all out attack as their survival method.

I'll look up which is more successful in the morning... I don't suppose there's much in it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Surprised by the reaction here. Presume FF and Joao left on bench because not fully fit. But even if they were, made sense to keep it tight and try and nick something.

Chelsea are light years away from us. They passed it round us without breaking sweat. If we had pushed up they would have embarrassed us with a 5 or 6 nil. Maybe more. 

Yes we don't have any pace. Not a great deal the caretaker manager can do about this is there? Far more important that FF and Joao stay fit for the league- Nando's hamstrings will be a constant  worry now.

Super backing by our fans tonight. Shame we weren't in a better position to challenge Chelsea a bit more and give them some reward.

Even if we did have pace. So does Ruediger and most of there team. They play for Chelsea because they are supreme athletes as well as players and it showed.

We had a game plan it didn't work, but neither would any other have probably.

It just shows the gulf in class between the top of the premier league and the rest.

Even if that Chelsea team had beat a Everton or a Wolves 3-0 no one would have been surprised by the result, because that's how good they are.

No disgrace about the result tonight.

Not read the whole thread as I've just got into bed after a long journey back. Up until the penalty and goal we were battling and containing well. The var and their goal absolutely floored us. I think our plan was to make sure we kept it tight for the 1st half or most of it then try and nick summat. If var hadn't been in play we could well have done that. 

If we had gone out all guns blazing we would have conceded 7 or 8. At the end when we chucked strikers on and went for it a bit out shape went and Chelsea could have had a few more. 

Considering what we were up against I don't think we did too bad. 

32 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

This is a good point - Brighton semi-final aside, when was the last time we really delivered in a big game? Probably going back to the Mind the Gap season.

And Brighton could have gone wrong away, we were getting pressured for most of the game. Only a heroic performance from Loovens at the back dragged us home. 

What annoys me somewhat is that we've all known what the problems are for yonks but the manager/coaching staff have not addressed the problems because they're either reluctant to, or can't, and just about about every time we turn out it's the same. That tells me it's a psychological problem rather than just a footballing one, probably the fear of £(-)&ing up, which inevitably increases the chances of £(-)&ing up. 

There's cautious , then there's having no attack whatsoever.

We just allowed a second and third string Chelsea to line up and take turns to get behind us.

They didn't beat us with scintillating football but because we offered nothing.

If we'd gone toe to toe we might have still lost but it was embarrassing how we bent over. Not seen any other team do that against better opposition.

I think we should have played two up. What was Fletcher going to do on his own with everyone else so deep.

0-0 was the best we could have hoped for with that setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Eightace said:

There's cautious , then there's having no attack whatsoever.

We just allowed a second and third string Chelsea to line up and take turns to get behind us.

They didn't beat us with scintillating football but because we offered nothing.

If we'd gone toe to toe we might have still lost but it was embarrassing how we bent over. Not seen any other team do that against better opposition.

I think we should have played two up. What was Fletcher going to do on his own with everyone else so deep.

0-0 was the best we could have hoped for with that setup.

Your point is right, we did exactly the same in a Sheffield derby not so long ago which was even worse, all the football I watch I never see other sides penned inside there own half for 90 minutes. When we turned the ball over our first pass on every single occasion was sloppy. We really do struggle to pass the ball these days which is a major contrast from the great linking play of just a few years ago. Kieran Lee and Hooper both big parts in that. 

• Thanks 1