Completely wrong approach to the game

I agree it’s too conservative, I’d rather us go down fighting rather than playing for a replay

Agnew gave it away in the pre-match interview when he even mentioned the replay as if there was no chance of a win

I can understand the approach - it’s just not what i would do - I’m more concerned with the fact that we’ve been setting up in a similar fashion in the league TBH.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 3

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Cheshowl said:

We should have taken the game to Chelsea today. We’d have probably got beat anyway but what’s the point in sitting in against a Chelsea side that you know you’re going to concede against. Think our players have been a bit cowardly in going forward too, seem too scared to make a run or play a killer pass. 

Agree.

We have not once look like scoring, not once.

Hearing Agnew say beforehand that we might be able to get them back to Hillsborough confirmed our approach.

Either that or we really are that poor and as fans we just don't see it.

It's not the result that is frustrating fans - it's the way we played. Even when we had time with the ball we just gave it away - it was like rabbits in the headlights. He should have started with Joao and Nando - nowt to lose at all. Starting with Hutch and Pelupessy was criminal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roundhayowl said:

It's not the result that is frustrating fans - it's the way we played. Even when we had time with the ball we just gave it away - it was like rabbits in the headlights. He should have started with Joao and Nando - nowt to lose at all. Starting with Hutch and Pelupessy was criminal.

Precisely. I don’t mind getting beat 3-0 by Chelsea, just not in that fashion and the way we went about the game.

I don't think the setup at the start was wrong - keep it tight and see where you are at half time;  however the changes should have been made at half time to try and take Chelsea by surprise and nick something. Then with momentum on your side, anything can happen. Waiting to make those changes after the game was lost was just rubbish decision making from Agnew. Can't fault the players' effort for the most part but the lack of attacking options really meant there was only ever going to be one outcome. We should have had a go from half time onwards and at least try and get their keeper's shirt mucky.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Thanks 1