Completely wrong approach to the game

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Supporters of todays tactics “We didn’t want to get thrashed dd we?”

Result 3-0 defeat.

Er, ok then. 

It's not a competion between fans mate. The frustration is obvious but the game plan failed against a top four team who's side is worth 50 times more than ours, away from home. The score is hardly a shock. Could we have been more positive? Probably. Would we have got beat by more if we had? Quite possibly. Would owlstalk have exploded if we'd lost 6-0? Definitely. Everything is easy to call afterwards, had the tactics got us a draw it would be hailed as genius. The better team won, let's get on with it and get a result at Ipswich.

Wimbledon played fantastically well with limited resources against West Ham. Short on ability but rich in attitude and mentality.

Did a job on West Ham.

I rest my case on my foot your honour.

Do I wish to question the witness? Yes, if I may your honour. Is it true they used to call you Baldrick at school? lol

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Had we “gone for it” we’d have been thrashed by 4 or 5 goals and then all these fans complaining about today’s game plan would be saying “you can’t just go for it away at Chelsea”.

We all saw the way they cut us open for their third when we started to chase the game, that’d have been much earlier and they’d have been out of sight by half time.

Were it not for a rush of blood to the head for Hutch, we’d have gone in at HT level, in fact Chelsea only had 3 shots on target all match.

The simple fact is, we just came up against a side with World class players throughout, none more so than Willian who showed today exactly why he’s a Brazilian international.

We are a bottom half Championship side and I think Agnew and the players could have done anymore today. No shame at all in today’s performance.

Don't worry  there is a chance the owlstalk bi-polor will swing the other way if we get a win on Saturday. H. M. S wee wee the league will set sail again :duntmatter:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Wimbledon played fantastically well with limited resources against West Ham. Short on ability but rich in attitude and mentality.

Did a job on West Ham.

I rest my case on my foot your honour.

Do I wish to question the witness? Yes, if I may your honour. Is it true they used to call you Baldrick at school? lol

They have more speed in their team to force turnovers and counter. Also Chelsea are far better than the Hammers 

4 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's not a competion between fans mate. The frustration is obvious but the game plan failed against a top four team who's side is worth 50 times more than ours, away from home. The score is hardly a shock. Could we have been more positive? Probably. Would we have got beat by more if we had? Quite possibly. Would owlstalk have exploded if we'd lost 6-0? Definitely. Everything is easy to call afterwards, had the tactics got us a draw it would be hailed as genius. The better team won, let's get on with it and get a result at Ipswich.

Of course you're completely right..we should have written to the FA and offered Chelsea a bye because we're too lame to bother the keeper.

If we'd shown a bit of imagination and played an attacking game and got beat 10-2 .. nobody would have complained in a one off game.... our supporter's intelligence gets more pelters than fox.

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Of course you're completely right..we should have written to the FA and offered Chelsea a bye because we're too lame to bother the keeper.

If we'd shown a bit of imagination and played an attacking game and got beat 10-2 .. nobody would have complained in a one off game.... our supporter's intelligence gets more pelters than fox.

Everybody would've complained mate. We'd be throwing "naive" "inept tactics" and the like around. I'm not saying who's right or wrong and I'm not saying the fans frustration is wrong. I'm saying the tactics were understandable in order to try and nick a draw. 

6 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Everybody would've complained mate. We'd be throwing "naive" "inept tactics" and the like around. I'm not saying who's right or wrong and I'm not saying the fans frustration is wrong. I'm saying the tactics were understandable in order to try and nick a draw. 

Fair enough.

I'm worried that the coaching team as stands ....are deluded enough to think that what worked at Wigan would work tonight.

Btw Fletch was outstanding then... but FFS. Not at Wigan.

Edited by Costello 77

50 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Supporters of todays tactics “We didn’t want to get thrashed dd we?”

Result 3-0 defeat.

Er, ok then. 

I don't think you understand football.

Setting up to 'not getting thrashed' isn't about aiming to lose 3 nil, rather than 6.

It's about keeping in the game as long as possible & hoping to nick it at end or get a replay.

• Like 1