A new signing

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Are you for real?

Kieran Lee came to us as a right back.

The same position that Palmer plays for us now.

You yourself didn't even know Palmer won Player of the season, so I'm arguing with either a tard or a blunt, but either way you have an IQ of about 20 so.....i'm out.

Luke, do yourself a favour - stop being a prat.

You argue like  someone with an IQ of 20 anyway so I apologies if you are actually messed up.

Sorry, didnt realise I was dealing with a genius, albeit a genius who uses discriminatory terms to make a crude assumption that someone is a 'Tard'. 

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

I have thought about this for many weeks now, even months.

I know full well many will shoot me down, as is their right, however I think Palmer could be a new Kieran Lee.

Now, Kieran Lee shares my birthday, 22nd June - I did not realise that until I visited his Wiki page to find some material in which to write this forum post.   So of course, now I really love Lee, given I just found out he is almost exactly 10 years my junior.

I think it was 2014 when Lee made the switch from right back to Central Midfield - I may be wrong, but he has never looked back, has he?

I know that Palmer has not only played CM for us, but also for a full season with Tranmere - but he is now about the same age as Lee when Lee made the re-transition back to central midfield.

Palmer has the energy, that is for certain. 

Can Liam Palmer be our next Kieran Lee?   I'm going to get more down marks than up for this, I fully understand that - however I do think we have some serious graft and guile in this bloke, now not a kid.   I think it needs to happen.

Im in a minority, that is fine - but multiple managers have suggested this (then) "kid" could move up a notch to the top flight.    I say it's possible, but only if he reverts to CM.

Deluded.

He wants it too much. He wants to do well for SWFC more than anything in the world and that's what is holding him back.

When he gets within 20 yards of the oppositions goal, his brain frazzles out and goes 300mph. It means too much to him.

I see what I see. He needs a new start somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I know full well many will shoot me down, as is their right, however I think Palmer could be a new Kieran Lee.

Now, Kieran Lee shares my birthday, 22nd June - I did not realise that until I visited his Wiki page to find some material in which to write this forum post.   So of course, now I really love Lee, given I just found out he is almost exactly 10 years my junior.

I think it was 2014 when Lee made the switch from right back to Central Midfield - I may be wrong, but he has never looked back, has he?

I know that Palmer has not only played CM for us, but also for a full season with Tranmere - but he is now about the same age as Lee when Lee made the re-transition back to central midfield.

Can Liam Palmer be our next Kieran Lee?   I'm going to get more down marks than up for this, I fully understand that - however I do think we have some serious graft and guile in this bloke, now not a kid.   I think it needs to happen.

Im in a minority, that is fine - but multiple managers have suggested this (then) "kid" could move up a notch to the top flight.    I say it's possible, but only if he reverts to CM.

When you googled “Kieran lee” did you delete your history afterwards? 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I don’t agree with you at all but he may have to play there if both Bannan and Hutch are injured and Onomah isn’t fit for Saturday.

To be fair to OP, didn't Palmer come through the youth system as a CM? Also I remember Lee getting slated early on in his career here while playing at RB for being too lightweight and not getting stuck in, shocker.

I think they are opposites though. Lee had too much ability to be wasted at RB and is utilised best at CM. Palmer wasn't good enough to play CM and is best utilised as a backup RB. 

Again to be fair to the op. I remember seeing Palmer in centre midfield and thinking he done a alright job. always seemed neat and tidy with his passing. 

I think what's up here is how you have said can he be turned into Kieran Lee maybe just on the back of Lee also having a stint at right back which wasn't the best.

Could he be a good midfielder for us in the future. It's not out of the question. Could he do what Lee used to do in the middle of the park for us week in week out. I ain't sure he can.

In this last month though he has definitely earned his place to be or challenge for the right back spot mind.

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I know full well many will shoot me down, as is their right

You seem pretty cross with everyone who has so far

lol

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

wtf.gif

• Haha 3