Adam Reach

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I can’t see any championship sides stumping up the kind of fee we’re looking for. 

Maybe not, but then we don't know what kind of fee we might be willing to accept given our current predicament in terms of P&S rules.

If no Premier League club bids for him, we may have to accept what we can get in order to keep the wolves from the door.

You know, if a manager could nail down the right position for him, then I think he'd be up there with the very best in this division. 

He's got loads of energy, works hard, can shoot, pass, cross and has a very good first touch. If you ever watch an interview with him, he also comes across as an intelligent, articulate individual. 

The biggest criticism is he's a bit soft in the tackle, but then I don't expect wingers/attacking midfielders to be exactly crunching people. 

Unfortunately, that makes him probably our most sellable asset and I'd be expecting bids for him in January. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Regarding FFP have faith that DC will figure it out.

Not meaning to sound argumentative, but why?

Chansiri's failure to sell any of our players for a big fee has led to our current predicament. I really hope he's learned from his mistakes, but right now it seems like blind faith rather than sound reasoning.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not meaning to sound argumentative, but why?

Chansiri's failure to sell any of our players for a big fee has led to our current predicament. I really hope he's learned from his mistakes, but right now if seems like blind faith rather than sound reasoning.

What can you possibly mean? 

He's clearly a man in control. 

It's not like he held a fans forum a week ago, got in a huff, and put the club up for sale, but probably didn't :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Great business - Boro had our pants down when we weren’t expecting it!

Would be embarrassing for many of us to exhume the threads slagging off Reach and delirious about Rhodes

The Petter Rudi of his generation with added goals. Great engine, good brain, can score with either foot, If he could tackle and head the ball, he’d be summat else.

A bit like Messi then....

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Another superb finish yesterday in what’s been a season of great goals. At £8m Boro must have been thinking yesterday that we’ve had their pants down. The lad is a total credit to himself and it saddens me that in all likelihood he’s probably only got a few more appearances at Wednesday in him. Under no circumstances should we entertain bids below £12m imo. 

Here,have a read of these.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10559831/sheffield-wednesday-are-poised-to-sign-boro-winger-adam-reach

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220748

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/done-deal-middlesbrough-winger-adam-reach-signs-for-sheffield-wednesday-1-8099208

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-sheffield-wednesday-smash-their-transfer-record-to-sign-middlesbrough-winger-adam-reach-1-8099293

If we can get £15m then he has to leave. Would be fine seeing Forestieri leaving for something in the region of £10m too.

Be the right time to sell both in my opinion and allow the new manager some leeway to rebuild their own squad. That, plus loadnof high earners leaving in the summer, and think we’d be back to a reasonably healthy position again.

Really rate Reach - always have - but now is the right time to cash in, given his likely value and our need for finance and refreshing the squad.