Adam Reach

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I could see him fitting into Leeds' system really well if he could stay fit.

We'd simply have to demand an eye-wateringly exorbitant fee from that lot, though.

Heart over head on this one.

I've been knocking about with a Leeds fan and seen quite a few of their games this season.  He was saying that it didn't look like they were going to splash out in January but it now looks like Saiz is going to Getafe so they may have some dough for a replacement.

FF was sending love to Bielsa on Instagram earlier this season, lives just down the road and if he can maintain decent fitness then could be a great signing for them at a now cut price fee and would fit in perfectly there I agree.

5m for FF and Westwood suit both parties.

46 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When you think what he was worth if we'd cashed in at the height of his form, it's shocking, isn't it?

It will be interesting to see if any bids materialise next month. If I were chasing promotion, Forestieri would be fairly low on my list of targets given his recent injury record.

I think Forrestieri may be coming towards the end of his time here unfortunately? He seems to have lost a little of his sparkle and of course has been very prone to injury over the last 18 months or so. Maybe Bruce could get him playing to his best again but I think a departure within the next 12 months is more likely?

As far as FF is concerned I think he was badly affected by Jos. Most other managers would have played him rather than benched him. With a bit of luck Bruce can reinvigorate him and get him back to his best by the end of the season. We might get a better offer for him if he is firing on all cylinders. I don't think the outcry would be as loud if we sold him  in six months as it would have been in the past.

I think we'll get 3m upfront for Forestieri with further 3m due on promotion inside next 18 months. He'll go Leeds and we get 6m.

As for Reach I say 12m guaranteed, around 5m in add-ons including 1m for his England debut. Think he may end up at Wolves, although I could see him go Newcastle. If he did could seen his fee being close to 15m lower down the table he ends up.

Back to Reach, the main complaint on here is his 'neshing' tackles. I have watched this closely since some idiot behind me keeps yelling 'Get stuck in , Reach.'

Yes, he does pull out of tackles he knows he can't win, yet funnily enough, his record at playing time bears comparison with the best. He pulls out of tackles he knows he can't win, and hence does not end up on the bench or injured. This to me is a sign of a player with far more gumption than we are used to. Unfortunately, so many of our supporters have been brought up on the 'get some skin on the studs, Norman Hunter-style of football. Those days are gone. Reach is more of a modern-style footballer, and as such is VERY valuable to us.

The idea of selling also wants investigating. To say a player is for sale doesn't mean you are getting rid. Clubs have to want to buy. We can all make a list of players we'd like to sell, but (such a small word, but how big) who wants to buy?.

I remember when Reach was getting pelters when CC was playing him at left back. Even his Dad was being abused on Twitter for weeks which was a disgrace. 

He's remained extremely professional throughout but it is pretty unsurprising that despite that he doesn't seem to have much love for the club and the fan base. 

Edited by Owls2k

44 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I remember when Reach was getting pelters when CC was playing him at left back. Even his Dad was being abused on Twitter for weeks which was a disgrace. 

He's remained extremely professional throughout but it is pretty unsurprising that despite that he doesn't seem to have much love for the club and the fan base. 

Funny. Whenever I see any pictures of Wed. Players visiting schools, hospitals, charities etc., Reach is usually to be seen. Just because he doesn't go mad with his goal celebrations doesn't show a lack of love for the club and fan base. He comes over to me as a level-headed and rather shy person. I may bbe absolutely wrong. But racing into the Kop or the fans as a goa celebration is IMO very OTT.

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Funny. Whenever I see any pictures of Wed. Players visiting schools, hospitals, charities etc., Reach is usually to be seen. Just because he doesn't go mad with his goal celebrations doesn't show a lack of love for the club and fan base. He comes over to me as a level-headed and rather shy person. I may bbe absolutely wrong. But racing into the Kop or the fans as a goa celebration is IMO very OTT.

His professionalism cannot be questioned at all and I agree he seems to be a level headed decent guy (aside from being an excellent player). 

But I do get the impression there’s a barrier between him and the fans, could just be his personality or the fact of the undue stick he got at the start of last season. Not a critisism at all, merely an observation. 

On 28/12/2018 at 10:42, Buxtongent said:

Back to Reach, the main complaint on here is his 'neshing' tackles. I have watched this closely since some idiot behind me keeps yelling 'Get stuck in , Reach.'

Yes, he does pull out of tackles he knows he can't win, yet funnily enough, his record at playing time bears comparison with the best. He pulls out of tackles he knows he can't win, and hence does not end up on the bench or injured. This to me is a sign of a player with far more gumption than we are used to. Unfortunately, so many of our supporters have been brought up on the 'get some skin on the studs, Norman Hunter-style of football. Those days are gone. Reach is more of a modern-style footballer, and as such is VERY valuable to us.

The idea of selling also wants investigating. To say a player is for sale doesn't mean you are getting rid. Clubs have to want to buy. We can all make a list of players we'd like to sell, but (such a small word, but how big) who wants to buy?.

Dead right.  He comes across as an intelligent player on and off the field. He’s not going to miss many games through suspension or injury and although he’s never going to a midfield enforcer he’s probably capable of covering as much mileage as anyone else on the pitch.  

I can fully understand why we might need to cash in, but at the same time he’s also the sort of character I’d like to see stick around and become a Wednesday legend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He seems a very humble person and very thankful for everything he's achieved in the game so far.

He's not an "in your face" Hutch style player, but goes about his work well.

Will (if not already) become our most valuable player and first name on the team sheet..

Hoping the sheer number of out of contract players in the summer means under P&S ruling we can keep him.

The vast, vast majority of clubs have to sell their best players at some point. 

Only a select few are afforded the luxury of not having to do so. Heck, even the top Premier League clubs are vulnerable should one of Spain's big two come calling. 

In an ideal world, I'd be delighted to keep Reach and build a team around him for the future. The reality is we are in a situation where we in all likelihood have to sell one of our assets, whether that be in January or in the summer. As it is, Adam Reach is the most valuable asset we currently have on our books for a number of reasons. 

During Chansiri's time in charge we have stockpiled player after player and as a result find ourselves in a mess, which has hamstrung our efforts to be competitive in this division for last season and probably this season too. Buying good players is a skill, but selling them at the right time is one too. Sadly, we are way short with regards to the latter. 

On 28/12/2018 at 10:26, sonofbert2 said:

I've been knocking about with a Leeds fan and seen quite a few of their games this season.  He was saying that it didn't look like they were going to splash out in January but it now looks like Saiz is going to Getafe so they may have some dough for a replacement.

FF was sending love to Bielsa on Instagram earlier this season, lives just down the road and if he can maintain decent fitness then could be a great signing for them at a now cut price fee and would fit in perfectly there I agree.

5m for FF and Westwood suit both parties.

£12m, or the awkward **** sits it out.