Adam Reach

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not meaning to sound argumentative, but why?

Chansiri's failure to sell any of our players for a big fee has led to our current predicament. I really hope he's learned from his mistakes, but right now it seems like blind faith rather than sound reasoning.

Because he hasn't had us in an embargo yet as he avoided it last time so why wouldn't he this time, why cant we just trust the guy whose pumped more cash in than the last few chairman put together?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Because he hasn't had us in an embargo yet as he avoided it last time so why wouldn't he this time, why cant we just trust the guy whose pumped more cash in than the last few chairman put together?

Someone probably should have told the club that we avoided an embargo before they went plastering statements such as, "Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to inform supporters that the current transfer embargo imposed by the EFL has been lifted with immediate effect" on the official website then, eh?

:duntmatter:

As for your question, I'm far from Chansiri's biggest critic around these parts, but pumping cash into the club is not enough in and of itself to win supporters' trust. Considering that we've already fallen foul of P&S rules once, I'd say it's fair enough for us to be a little bit sceptical of his ability to guide us safely through our current predicament.

Sorry we had a warning for what a few days, what came of it absolutely nothing so how exactly did we fall foul of it?

If Bruce comes in and we sign 4/5 players in January but come the summer we cant sign anybody else then what does it matter if the squads already in place as think Birmingham have proved they wont be points deductions.

Sit next to a big boro fan everyday at work who’s knowledgeable about football- always say we mugged them for reach.

few boo boys were getting at him when he was young and ended up getting shipped out - said they should have kept him.

We paid up to £5m for him depending on clauses so we may not have paid the full figure yet.

In this market he's worth £15m at least and if he wants to go, we should let him. We'd have been fugged without him over the last couple of seasons.

If you all don't mind, I'm going to masturbatorally quote a post I made on the 28th December 2016

I think as far as relative to the cost of some of the signings we've made, Reach at £5 million has been poor. 0 goals and 2 assists for a wide attacking player isn't good.

I think as far as relative to the cost of the transfer market in general these days, Reach at £5 million is a fantastic piece of business and an excellent long-term investment.

Personally, I'm very happy we got him, and I think the price we got him isn't anywhere near as inflated or over the top as some might think. It's hard to view things differently because he's one of Wednesday's most expensive transfers ever, so you expect with that label him to be a show stopper most games. Reality is, he's not, and it's more a reflection of how little Wednesday have spent in the market rather than him being a poor signing.

Just y'all wait, in 24 months that £5 million will seem like an absolute steal 

I'm good lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2