Adam Reach

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Whatever fee we get for Reach we need to take into account his freakish fitness/injury record which sees him play as often as two normal squad members.

He is hard to replace in so many ways.

This is my feeling too. Although to play devil’s advocate, we used to say the same about Lee. Things can change quickly and there are no guarantees. I’d be gutted to see Reach move on as he’s a rare gem of a player indeed, but you simply don’t win the long game by keeping all your aces in the pack.

Personally I’d also hate to see him benched at a high level club at this exciting stage in his development, but that’s pure sentimentality on my part and nothing to do with Wednesday in reality. As long as he’s here, I’ll enjoy watching him grow as a player and appreciate what he brings to the team in terms of ability and attitude. The latter especially really has been impeccable. If he ends up here long-term, I see captain material there.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The thing about selling Reach is that it’s equivalent to losing two “normal” players.

Look at the amount of game time we get out of the four outfield players mentioned in this thread as our possible FFP saviours.

Since start of 17/18 season:-

Reach 6755 minutes = equivalent to 75 full 90 minute matches.

Bannan 4600 minutes = 51 full matches

Joao 2920 minutes = 32 full matches

Forestieri 1413 minutes = 16 full matches

Whatever fee we get for Reach we need to take into account his freakish fitness/injury record which sees him play as often as two normal squad members.

He is hard to replace in so many ways.

I'm hoping there'll be interest in others and we can get out of the cart that way... but it's just that.... hope.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

This is my feeling too. Although to play devil’s advocate, we used to say the same about Lee. Things can change quickly and there are no guarantees. I’d be gutted to see Reach move on as he’s a rare gem of a player indeed, but you simply don’t win the long game by keeping all your aces in the pack.

Personally I’d also hate to see him benched at a high level club at this exciting stage in his development, but that’s pure sentimentality on my part and nothing to do with Wednesday in reality. As long as he’s here, I’ll enjoy watching him grow as a player and appreciate what he brings to the team in terms of ability and attitude. The latter especially really has been impeccable. If he ends up here long-term, I see captain material there.

Agree whole-heartedly with all of that.

Worth £15M now. Selling him or not is a gamble. Stay to May and finish with 15 goals and he’s worth an extra £5M. Stay but pick up a bad injury and he probably drops down in value by £5M.

I certainly enjoy watching him. When he or Bannan get on the ball you pay attention with expectation.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm hoping there'll be interest in others and we can get out of the cart that way... but it's just that.... hope.

But as you and I know (as his joint agents) he is Premiership-Bound. 

Just a case of how soon and with whom. How good would it be if it’s with us, through the play-offs after a two-point-per-game second half of this season?

Just now, Holmowl said:

But as you and I know (as his joint agents) he is Premiership-Bound. 

Just a case of how soon and with whom. How good would it be if it’s with us, through the play-offs after a two-point-per-game second half of this season?

That's the dream scenario.

However (as you know ) I'm a ruthless, hard bitten realist and I want to make sure the add ons are very much geared towards England caps..:tango:

• Haha 1

Reach is an English player so we should be able to get £12-15m. 

If there’s no magic money tree coming in January then I agree with others that say we should probably sell - but only if it’s to use most of the money to buy other players.

Chris Hughton at Brighton, Dyche at Burnley etc have shown you don’t need to break the bank to make a good championship team.  Just have the right manager, formation and be shrewd with the money. I would say if we added 4 decent players in jan on loan or bought, then we could still challenge for the playoffs. Tho I think it’s probably too late this season 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Forestieri is a prime example of a player we should have sold. Probably could have raised at least 10m and reinvested. Instead he had his strop and injuries and now we'd be lucky to get half the amount 

I have no idea what Forestieri's current value really is.

He came back from a long layoff towards the end of last season and looked to be getting back to his best, but this season has been marred by niggling injuries, a suspension, and being dropped to the bench.

I'd be surprised if any decent offers came in for him this January. He's certainly no longer a player any Premier League clubs would be considering, but maybe a promotion-chasing outfit from our league might take a punt? You'd think there must be better bets available, though.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I have no idea what Forestieri's current value really is.

He came back from a long layoff towards the end of last season and looked to be getting back to his best, but this season has been marred by niggling injuries, a suspension, and being dropped to the bench.

I'd be surprised if any decent offers came in for him this January. He's certainly no longer a player any Premier League clubs would be considering, but maybe a promotion-chasing outfit from our league might take a punt? You'd think there must be better bets available, though.

A wealthy club chasing promotion, willing to pay £3-4m and good wages for an inspired 7 or 8 matches between January and May. 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Probably put him around 8 million perhaps for a team wanting to roll the dice on January like we did with Rhodes. In reality we'd be better keeping him and hoping Bruce can help him re find his true form perhaps? 

I assume you're referring to ff rather than reach Reach with that valuation?

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

A wealthy club chasing promotion, willing to pay £3-4m and good wages for an inspired 7 or 8 matches between January and May. 

When you think what he was worth if we'd cashed in at the height of his form, it's shocking, isn't it?

It will be interesting to see if any bids materialise next month. If I were chasing promotion, Forestieri would be fairly low on my list of targets given his recent injury record.

If I remember correctly there is a reduction in allowed foreigners coming again soon for premiership teams so Reach's versatility would be quite attractive to any mid table team. Also, Maddison went for 25 mil to Leicester so we shouldn't low ball ourselves when we have an English player worth a bit of coin. I think we could get around 18m in January and maybe something akin to 20+ if he keeps going like this in the Summer. This being Wednesday we will probably sell him for a pack of Minstrals, Chewits and an Iron-Bru though.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When you think what he was worth if we'd cashed in at the height of his form, it's shocking, isn't it?

It will be interesting to see if any bids materialise next month. If I were chasing promotion, Forestieri would be fairly low on my list of targets given his recent injury record.

I think he'll go to Leeds for about 3 million quid and be a hero.

27 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Neck out here.

Reach is worth ( desperate premiership team ) £20 million plus.

Palace, Fulham or Burnley would kill for a player like Reach - just for his goals. Never mind the rest of his attributes.

Hope DC has found a route through FFP and we keep him. 

Good point about the goals.. they're unstoppable even in the premier League.