Adam Reach

Another superb finish yesterday in what’s been a season of great goals. At £8m Boro must have been thinking yesterday that we’ve had their pants down. The lad is a total credit to himself and it saddens me that in all likelihood he’s probably only got a few more appearances at Wednesday in him. Under no circumstances should we entertain bids below £12m imo. 

1 minute ago, Nick the Owl said:

Thought he was £5mil? (Too expensive according to loads on here:ph34r:)

Think a few figures have been banded about. If it’s £5m then it’s best bit of business we’ve done in a long long time, and hopefully DC sees that it’s that kind of recruitment i.e not aged crocks, that makes for a sustainable club. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

And sadly it seems we are over a barrel in regards to FFP. He’s our only asset of significant value. 

We just have to hope there are a couple of clubs considering him. A bit of competition will drive the price up.

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Think a few figures have been banded about. If it’s £5m then it’s best bit of business we’ve done in a long long time, and hopefully DC sees that it’s that kind of recruitment i.e not aged crocks, that makes for a sustainable club. 

No you made it up :stuwinky:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Think a few figures have been banded about. If it’s £5m then it’s best bit of business we’ve done in a long long time, and hopefully DC sees that it’s that kind of recruitment i.e not aged crocks, that makes for a sustainable club

And hopefully, if Reach (or any other quality player) does leave for a decent price, we fans support (or at least accept) the decision to sell, and refrain from abusing Chansiri for trying to make the club sustainable. Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

Great business - Boro had our pants down when we weren’t expecting it!

Would be embarrassing for many of us to exhume the threads slagging off Reach and delirious about Rhodes

The Petter Rudi of his generation with added goals. Great engine, good brain, can score with either foot, If he could tackle and head the ball, he’d be summat else.

I don't want him to leave, but I understand why he probably needs to if a good offer comes in.

If he leaves, I just hope it's for a Premier League club, for his sake and ours: I don't think he'd look out of place at that level as long as he was played in the right way, and we'd be more likely to receive a big fee.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't want him to leave, but I understand why he probably needs to if a good offer comes in.

If he leaves, I just hope it's for a Premier League club, for his sake and ours: I don't think he'd look out of place at that level as long as he was played in the right way, and we'd be more likely to receive a big fee.

I can’t see any championship sides stumping up the kind of fee we’re looking for. 

• Like 1