I’m worried

27 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Fair comment, but all it needs sometimes is a spark. I've seen players come out of nowhere under certain managers, but I've also seen big name players flop under some managers. Doesn't everyone deserve a chance? 

Clearly not with the "experts" on OT

Guest domSWFC

I do agree, and I also think the next appointment should be someone who can get the most out of our current squad, not necessarily the best overall record of success. 

Bruce, in my opinion couldn't do that. He's had success when spending money and building a team that's solid defensively, hard to beat and can win ugly. Here, I don't think he's got the resources to rebuild. Although I think he'd make out team more assured in defence, I don't think a defensive mantra will ever get the best out of this squad. 

22 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Quite alarming really. Folk on here are either defending Bruce or trying to justify why he would a good manager. We are extremely desperate and that is very very worrying. Its only 12 months ago when folk were ridiculing the thought of Bruce coming here, now, its like some are begging for him to come. They change like the tide.

Oh the absolute irony!

My view is we take a gamble on an experienced British manager with four promotions from this league , or take a gamble on yet another out of work,  unknown foreign manager with no experience of English football. The second option has failed us twice , so I'd rather go with option one.

• Like 1

My suggestion was Holloway by the way.

But happy to get behind Bruce as everyone should, and will.

Jos is the only manager I can remember whose departure I actively encouraged. That’s how bad he was. Please don’t tell me we would’ve been better sticking with Jos.

1 hour ago, Itchy said:

I’m worried that we are just about se our club go into a nose dive of Sunderland or Portsmouth proportions. 

Money is tight Chansiri seems to going for a last stand solution if he appoints Bruce. 

His record with Villa was sambolic , even we beat them , despite the millions he spent.

Some people will say look at his record and getting teams promoted to the premiership, but football is constantly evolving and it’s the managers that can evolve there teams way of playing are going to be the successful ones 

Bruce seems to of had him time and there no points of following the Villa mantra.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Bruce has realised his mistakes and can evolve his methods and not rely on the open cheque book policy , because if he tries to follow the same old routine we’re f*oked I’m sure Bruce will have told Chansiri that he has reformed his way and bring success on a limited budget, or has he.

This if true I’m sure will be Chansiri last stand and the consequences of failure can not be underestimated.

Based on this quote mourinho, zidane, wenger are all finished. Just because Bruce had a rough time at Villa doesn’t make him a bad manager!! He’s a significant improvement on Jos...no one can even doubt that!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I do agree, and I also think the next appointment should be someone who can get the most out of our current squad, not necessarily the best overall record of success. 

Bruce, in my opinion couldn't do that. He's had success when spending money and building a team that's solid defensively, hard to beat and can win ugly. Here, I don't think he's got the resources to rebuild. Although I think he'd make out team more assured in defence, I don't think a defensive mantra will ever get the best out of this squad. 

If not Bruce, who else currently available would you suggest?

The options are pretty narrow and we have the chance to hite a manager who had a genuine record of success at this level,

Struggling to remember the last time we had this opportunity and actually took it. 

57 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

“Bruce record with Villa was shambolic” 

Would people be making this statement Last summer?

In his first full season he got them to the playoff final.

Teams who lose in the playoff final usually have a dip at the start of the next - ask Carlos. Plus Bruce has had a bad year personally.  I think writing him off for the past 3 months, despite his previous 15+ years in management, is a little unfair 

Excellent post. Exactly how I see it. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

His time at Villa is being put down as a failure as they didnt go up.

But many Villa fans never took to him due to his Birmingham City links. Also he did get Villa to play off final so not a complete disaster.

Never going to get a perfect choice but think Bruce has more pluses then minuses.

This is spot on. He really sorted Villa out, they were a real mess under Di Matteo and in his first full year had them in the play off final, they had a bad start this season but they weren’t able to sign players till late in the market, lost a couple key loan players in Snodgrass and Lewis Grabban and only replaced them late in the market with Bolasie and Abraham. 

Cant think of anyone better. 

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Staying up was the priority. I feel more comfortable now.

Those saying we wouldn’t have gone down are of more concern to me than Bruce

the relief is tangible and hopefully it has spread to the team  but it's still a proper job for someone 

agree though the ' I see no ships'  gang on here are frightening in their acceptance of dross