I’m worried

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

This.  Bruce is probably the most experienced manager we will have had since big Ron. Let’s give him a bloody chance. Think this could be a turning point personally

Yes, from me.

I think Bruce is the closest thing out there to a Big Ron or a Jack Charlton. (Now that Barnsley Mick is unavailable). It still might not work but it could be great. We're going to have to turn over the squad in the next 18 months and I can't think of a better person to do it. Until then, he has to be a big improvement on Jos. Better shape (of the team, not the manager!), more authority, better for morale. For a start it'll be like signing 4 new players (the forgotten five minus Abdi).

3 hours ago, Itchy said:

I’m worried that we are just about se our club go into a nose dive of Sunderland or Portsmouth proportions. 

Money is tight Chansiri seems to going for a last stand solution if he appoints Bruce. 

His record with Villa was sambolic , even we beat them , despite the millions he spent.

Some people will say look at his record and getting teams promoted to the premiership, but football is constantly evolving and it’s the managers that can evolve there teams way of playing are going to be the successful ones 

Bruce seems to of had him time and there no points of following the Villa mantra.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Bruce has realised his mistakes and can evolve his methods and not rely on the open cheque book policy , because if he tries to follow the same old routine we’re f*oked I’m sure Bruce will have told Chansiri that he has reformed his way and bring success on a limited budget, or has he.

This if true I’m sure will be Chansiri last stand and the consequences of failure can not be underestimated.

It pains me to say it but Colin puts the boot into your theory.

3 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Any manager coming in must know our financial plight and what he has to work with . Don’t suppose the fact the owner is selling up ? , helps as a new owner may well have another manager in mind .

Exactly. I don't think we are an attractive commodity right now, I cannot see Bruce coming. If he does, he's got enough ability and experience to turn us into a competitive unit.

36 minutes ago, prowl said:

Are you on a perpetual downer? I'm not trying to be personal but we have just got rid of Jos so let's look forward with a bit of optimism just for once and let Bruce start with a clean slate. He's coming into a club with demoralised players who can't buy a point, ship goals for fun and let their heads drop at the first sign of adversity. He's got no money to spend and autocratic owner. That is a poo hand to start with.

If Bruce keeps us up this year he will have done ok. if we are mid table next year he will have done ok. Let's accept we aren't going to walk the league this year or next and just hope for steady progress. If we do better that's great. 

A bit of optimism and support from the fans might just help.

Me ? Nah pretty much always on the wind up . It’s not funny what chansiri has done though ! 

10 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It pains me to say it but Colin puts the boot into your theory.

Or perhaps Colin has evolved his way of playing, at least he doesn’t run the risk of bankrupting a football club. I’m definitely not going to advocate Colin’s methods or strategies ffs

36 minutes ago, prowl said:

Are you on a perpetual downer? I'm not trying to be personal but we have just got rid of Jos so let's look forward with a bit of optimism just for once and let Bruce start with a clean slate. He's coming into a club with demoralised players who can't buy a point, ship goals for fun and let their heads drop at the first sign of adversity. He's got no money to spend and autocratic owner. That is a poo hand to start with.

If Bruce keeps us up this year he will have done ok. if we are mid table next year he will have done ok. Let's accept we aren't going to walk the league this year or next and just hope for steady progress. If we do better that's great. 

A bit of optimism and support from the fans might just help.

Me ? Nah pretty much always on the wind up . It’s not funny what chansiri has done though ! 

4 hours ago, Itchy said:

I’m worried that we are just about se our club go into a nose dive of Sunderland or Portsmouth proportions. 

Money is tight Chansiri seems to going for a last stand solution if he appoints Bruce. 

His record with Villa was sambolic , even we beat them , despite the millions he spent.

Some people will say look at his record and getting teams promoted to the premiership, but football is constantly evolving and it’s the managers that can evolve there teams way of playing are going to be the successful ones 

Bruce seems to of had him time and there no points of following the Villa mantra.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Bruce has realised his mistakes and can evolve his methods and not rely on the open cheque book policy , because if he tries to follow the same old routine we’re f*oked I’m sure Bruce will have told Chansiri that he has reformed his way and bring success on a limited budget, or has he.

This if true I’m sure will be Chansiri last stand and the consequences of failure can not be underestimated.

You were worried if Jos stayed and no doubt you'll be worried whoever comes in as manager after 10 games...and the same people who were worried about Carlos after 10 games will be worried with you...don't worry there's half a season of games to go so I'm sure we'll lose some...that's something to look forward for if you're really worried lol