I’m worried

12 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If not Bruce, who else currently available would you suggest?

The options are pretty narrow and we have the chance to hite a manager who had a genuine record of success at this level,

Struggling to remember the last time we had this opportunity and actually took it. 

Thr lincoln brothers...wouldn’t cost the earth and they would jump at the chance of an opportunity in the championship.

i still feel like we missed the boat with dean smith!! 

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Sell Reach, BB and FF.

think it will take more than that to get us back to where we can start buying …..it's fanciful to think we can sell those 3 in January and spend the money on new players and FFP isn't a problem any more 

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

Aye, where is his lordship this morning...I’m missing my read! (Prepares to hurl amusements from perambulator)

Apparently last seen noshin some posh tottie behind a pub in West St last night, dude. I read it on here so it must be true lol 

21 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If not Bruce, who else currently available would you suggest?

The options are pretty narrow and we have the chance to hite a manager who had a genuine record of success at this level,

Struggling to remember the last time we had this opportunity and actually took it. 

Think thats bang on. An unknown from somewhere in Europe...cos that's the alternative. Or Bruce, seems a no brainer to me.

Sure it's a gamble. Any would be.

Not sure he will come btw, but so far he hasn't said not me..so i would imagine he is at least considering..

If its our primary aim to avoid relegation, and all are to work to that end, one name shouts out at you. It may be unpleasant but its

NEIL WARNOCK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Some good points. I'd also like to add...

How will our dutch contingent Joey Pelupessy and Joost Van Aken react to their countryman getting sacked.

Joao and Matias improved quite dramatically when Carlos departed, as did Nuhiu.

Quite possibly the strangest post I've read so far. 

If, and if he is the next manager, I think he could help steady the ship and even turn us around. 

The clubs hes he’s been to, whilst people say he had a larger budget, I’m sure they didn’t have the depth/size of team that we have.

With a fully fit squad with the right mentality, the players we have at our disposal would comfrotably challenge for a place in the top 6. It’s just getting the right leader to kick them back into shape, and motivate them back to their best. 

Apart from those late goals at Hillsborough all those years ago, I've always liked Mr Potato Head.  I hope he does become our next manager.  Not because I think he will be some mess-higher  but because I think he will bring the sort of Championship experience we've been lacking. 

2 hours ago, Itchy said:

I’m worried that we are just about se our club go into a nose dive of Sunderland or Portsmouth proportions. 

Money is tight Chansiri seems to going for a last stand solution if he appoints Bruce. 

His record with Villa was sambolic , even we beat them , despite the millions he spent.

Some people will say look at his record and getting teams promoted to the premiership, but football is constantly evolving and it’s the managers that can evolve there teams way of playing are going to be the successful ones 

Bruce seems to of had him time and there no points of following the Villa mantra.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Bruce has realised his mistakes and can evolve his methods and not rely on the open cheque book policy , because if he tries to follow the same old routine we’re f*oked I’m sure Bruce will have told Chansiri that he has reformed his way and bring success on a limited budget, or has he.

This if true I’m sure will be Chansiri last stand and the consequences of failure can not be underestimated.

Bruce out.lol

Let the guy walk through the front door before you call for his sacking.

Edited by prowl

36 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

If its our primary aim to avoid relegation, and all are to work to that end, one name shouts out at you. It may be unpleasant but its

NEIL WARNOCK.

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhh! 

I froze at that suggestion Buxton. It was like I’d stuck my fingers in an electrical socket. Hair was up on end and everything lol

7 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Apart from those late goals at Hillsborough all those years ago, I've always liked Mr Potato Head.  I hope he does become our next manager.  Not because I think he will be some mess-higher  but because I think he will bring the sort of Championship experience we've been lacking. 

Just checked this, we were away that day

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Love how people are praying Bruce comes in and gets us up , despite us having no money or good players .

lets just hope we don’t do a Portsmouth first 

Are you on a perpetual downer? I'm not trying to be personal but we have just got rid of Jos so let's look forward with a bit of optimism just for once and let Bruce start with a clean slate. He's coming into a club with demoralised players who can't buy a point, ship goals for fun and let their heads drop at the first sign of adversity. He's got no money to spend and autocratic owner. That is a poo hand to start with.

If Bruce keeps us up this year he will have done ok. if we are mid table next year he will have done ok. Let's accept we aren't going to walk the league this year or next and just hope for steady progress. If we do better that's great. 

A bit of optimism and support from the fans might just help.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Are you on a perpetual downer? I'm not trying to be personal but we have just got rid of Jos so let's look forward with a bit of optimism just for once and let Bruce start with a clean slate. He's coming into a club with demoralised players who can't buy a point, ship goals for fun and let their heads drop at the first sign of adversity. He's got no money to spend and autocratic owner. That is a poo hand to start with.

If Bruce keeps us up this year he will have done ok. if we are mid table next year he will have done ok. Let's accept we aren't going to walk the league this year or next and just hope for steady progress. If we do better that's great. 

A bit of optimism and support from the fans might just help.

This.  Bruce is probably the most experienced manager we will have had since big Ron. Let’s give him a bloody chance. Think this could be a turning point personally