I’m worried

I’m worried that we are just about se our club go into a nose dive of Sunderland or Portsmouth proportions. 

Money is tight Chansiri seems to going for a last stand solution if he appoints Bruce. 

His record with Villa was sambolic , even we beat them , despite the millions he spent.

Some people will say look at his record and getting teams promoted to the premiership, but football is constantly evolving and it’s the managers that can evolve there teams way of playing are going to be the successful ones 

Bruce seems to of had him time and there no points of following the Villa mantra.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Bruce has realised his mistakes and can evolve his methods and not rely on the open cheque book policy , because if he tries to follow the same old routine we’re f*oked I’m sure Bruce will have told Chansiri that he has reformed his way and bring success on a limited budget, or has he.

This if true I’m sure will be Chansiri last stand and the consequences of failure can not be underestimated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some good points. I'd also like to add...

How will our dutch contingent Joey Pelupessy and Joost Van Aken react to their countryman getting sacked.

Joao and Matias improved quite dramatically when Carlos departed, as did Nuhiu.

Edited by bigash_swfc

6 minutes ago, Itchy said:

I’m worried that we are just about se our club go into a nose dive of Sunderland or Portsmouth proportions. 

Money is tight Chansiri seems to going for a last stand solution if he appoints Bruce. 

His record with Villa was sambolic , even we beat them , despite the millions he spent.

Some people will say look at his record and getting teams promoted to the premiership, but football is constantly evolving and it’s the managers that can evolve there teams way of playing are going to be the successful ones 

Bruce seems to of had him time and there no points of following the Villa mantra.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Bruce has realised his mistakes and can evolve his methods and not rely on the open cheque book policy , because if he tries to follow the same old routine we’re f*oked I’m sure Bruce will have told Chansiri that he has reformed his way and bring success on a limited budget, or has he.

This if true I’m sure will be Chansiri last stand and the consequences of failure can not be underestimated.

it was 2016 that he got hull promoted and I cant think the game as changed that much in 2 years …...give him the money to buy players he'll get a team up around the play offs ...it's the give him the money though that could prove difficult .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

How will our dutch contingent Joey Pelupessy and Joost Van Aken react to their countryman getting sacked.

Lets hope Pelupessy is sat next to him on the plane lol

11 minutes ago, Itchy said:

He's better than 99% of the suggestions made on here.

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Any manager coming in must know our financial plight and what he has to work with . Don’t suppose the fact the owner is selling up ? , helps as a new owner may well have another manager in mind .

Chansiri is going nowhere.

I don’t believe Bruce has had access to loads of cash at every club he’s managed. The budgets he had initially at Birmingham and Hull in particular may not be a million miles away from the budget he may have here?

I had a look at his transfermarkt profile last night and he’s worked with a lot of quality players during his career and one aspect that shone is that he’s managed to acquire quality loans from the big clubs and he’ll need that skill here?

As I’ve said before if you want someone to get you promoted them there are’nt

many better options around than Steve Bruce. If he’s given time by the Chairman and the fans I think he has every chance of getting us promoted?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itchy said:

We beat Villa when he was in charge. Great but not the biggest deal.

He beat us in the biggest game in our recent history when he was in charge also. 

He is not the messiah but he cleary does know how to win when it matters occasionally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don’t believe Bruce has had access to loads of cash at every club he’s managed. The budgets he had initially at Birmingham and Hull in particular may not be a million miles away from the budget he may have here?

I had a look at his transfermarkt profile last night and he’s worked with a lot of quality players during his career and one aspect that shone is that he’s managed to acquire quality loans from the big clubs and he’ll need that skill here?

As I’ve said before if you want someone to get you promoted them there are’nt

many better options around than Steve Bruce. If he’s given time by the Chairman and the fans I think he has every chance of getting us promoted?

he spent millions at brum he's not going to get a penny to spend here …...i'm not saying he cant be successful signing loans and free transfers coz he's never had to do it and we wont know until he as to .

“Bruce record with Villa was shambolic” 

Would people be making this statement Last summer?

In his first full season he got them to the playoff final.

Teams who lose in the playoff final usually have a dip at the start of the next - ask Carlos. Plus Bruce has had a bad year personally.  I think writing him off for the past 3 months, despite his previous 15+ years in management, is a little unfair 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Toon Owl said:

We beat Villa when he was in charge. Great but not the biggest deal.

He beat us in the biggest game in our recent history when he was in charge also. 

He is not the messiah but he cleary does know how to win when it matters occasionally.

hes-not-the-messiah-naughty-boy-wyza-com-au.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
35 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

How will two of our worst performing players react simply because the manager sacked was the same nationality? Really? You think Nuhiu is currently in form? Joao and Matias are doing

OK at best.

i think you and the OP worry too much!