6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

exactly a list of high paid losers ,with our perilous financial situation 100% none will be coming. saying that though I heard a few clowns at blackburn on Saturday wanting carlos back seriously must have been high on crack. a dog or a cat could do better than jos but lets not get stupid with this bunch of losers. 

But...

Let's say we did get Carlos back.

* Maybe he would be the best we would get for the money we will pay

* He would have reflected upon and learned from his mistakes ( hopefully )

* We did finish 6th and 4th with him as our manager.

* The squad is still much the same as it was then, certainly it wasn't significantly better than now. 

It went down hill after the play off semi defeat to Huddersfield. We could and should have won that. I think that got to the players and they lost a bit of belief in Carlos.

Just saying we could..and probably will...do a lot worse. 

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

But...

Let's say we did get Carlos back.

* Maybe he would be the best we would get for the money we will pay

* He would have reflected upon and learned from his mistakes ( hopefully )

* We did finish 6th and 4th with him as our manager.

* The squad is still much the same as it was then, certainly it wasn't significantly better than now. 

It went down hill after the play off semi defeat to Huddersfield. We could and should have won that. I think that got to the players and they lost a bit of belief in Carlos.

Just saying we could..and probably will...do a lot worse. 

everything whats wrong down at swfc is down to carlos ,he blew the 3 year loot on total sh*t and the squad now is nowhere near as good as then. he blew it against hudds with those dreadful neg tactics . remember players get older. hooper,lee, Wallace,pudil,hunt ,Hutchinson ,loovens ,westwood forestieri formed the backbone of when we did well ,they have either left,as good as done ,or on there last legs . it will take 3 years of a much better manager to rebuild and 2-3 years before anyone could have any funds again due to the criminal waste of wages and transfer fees . 

3 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

I still think we got more chance with Sweep and Sooty being in charge   maybe add little cousin scampi into the mix

As if you said sweep and sooty. 

Sooty and sweep FFS. 

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Moyes possibly the best of that bunch, the rest are serial failures too arrogant to see their own approaches to the game don't work anymore.

Bruce wouldn't come because we can't give him £75 million he needs to make sides bang average

Pardew would come and achieve nothing

Hughes would come and make us worse

Allardyce would want stupid amounts and play football that would make Megson's sides look like Brazil '82.

That made me splutter with laughter.....but so true. 

I've never been convinced about Moyes, he did an ok job at Everton but never won anything. I know they finished 4th once but achievement in football is measured in trophies won. Yes, the big 4/5 win most things but in his time at Everton, Swansea, Wigan, Portsmouth and Birmingham won a cup and the might of Bradford, Stoke, Millwall, Bolton, Southampton and Cardiff (twice) have been to finals as well as the mighty Wigan and Portsmouth also having lost finals. To me, that is an indictment of his lack of achievement at Everton who, let's be honest, are a big club and should have realistic aspirations to win the occasional cup.

I know he isn't to everyone's liking and he is a bit of a loose cannon but of the names mentioned, I'd prefer Pardew but in an ideal world I'd like the Cowleys.  

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Carlos throwing his hat into the ring for the Southampton job. lol

Got to love the chancer.

Southampton already got somebody in mind foreign manager. Never heard of him