52 minutes ago, striker said:

I know he keeps getting PL jobs and not intending to be facetious, but what has Hughes actually achieved as a manager?

He kept Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke & a Pre Dubai Man City in the Premier League.

That's what he was there to do, that's enough for Chairman of those type of sides, stay in the Premier League and don't get relegated

You could argue that besides Man City all those sides became worse after he left

1 hour ago, Sticky belly said:

Lol, that's the thing he hasn't done anything has he. He somehow makes football chairman go weak at the knee's during the interview process and comes out with job after job.

But then we need to be realistic too. Would he want to join us, could we afford him, would he work under Chansiri with no money to spend? I think it's a no all round for me.

He did fairly well as Stoke until the very end when the board sold players under his nose.

3 consecutive 9th place finishes with a team like Stoke is not to be sniffed at.

I would rather have this bloke until the end of the season, a really nice guy has promotion on his cv from last season, since he left  Fulham their defense has been a shambles, picks up good loan players and develops youth in the right way.

Image result for stuart gray

Hughes has been absolute garbage for a good 8 years!

How anyone would want this failure is beyond me. 

Spends (wastes) money, plays atrocious football and his teams can’t defend.

I would be very surprised if he had reasonable success beyond 1 season anywhere else in his future career now. He destroys teams.

Mates a Stoke fan and he said every week it was someone else’s fault. Just played the blame game and ignored his own short comings. I wouldn’t be able to stand listening to him if he was our manager.

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Forget any of the big British names listed, we can't afford them and they wouldn't be interested. 

If Jos goes we'll be swapping one obscure foreign manager for another. 

So have to be foreign and obscure and not currently managing so I have a few ideas.

The flowing blokes all fit the bill - Paulo Di Canio, Benito Carbone, Roland Nilsson and my personal favourite Frank De Boer :stuwinky:

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Hughes available after leaving Soton. Joins Moyes, Pardew, Allardyce, Bruce as potential new managers.

Who would you go for???

I would rather have Emlyn Hughes In charge rather than that sour faced, miserable blame anyone but me for being Shiite Mark Hughes.

thrower.

19 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He kept Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke & a Pre Dubai Man City in the Premier League.

That's what he was there to do, that's enough for Chairman of those type of sides, stay in the Premier League and don't get relegated

You could argue that besides Man City all those sides became worse after he left

He went to city after Eriksson. Spent absolutely heaps of money and I’d say did an average job at best. Signed some utterly dross for huge fees and wages. Did sign Kompang I believe so I’ll give him that.

Did a great job at Blackburn, can’t argue with that. However it’s at least 8 -9 years since he left! 

Spent chunks at QPR and ruined them after initially keeping them up.

Did the same at Stoke.

Now he’s done the same at Southampton. 

Always needs big money and tends to send clubs on a downward spiral. Bit like a Harry Redknapp type.

The reason the become worse is becaus he started the decline and left them in positions where it’s damn hard to recover. It would be a bit like saying Carlos is completely faultless for starting our decline.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Big difference between ‘potential managers’ and ‘managers that don’t currently have a job’.

DC is also not even averse to considering those on a list of football managers who are in 'retirement' or 'never expected to work again' in this country or abroad...

lol

1 minute ago, Flat Owl said:

DC is also not even averse to considering those on a list of football managers who are in 'retirement' or 'never expected to work again' in this country or abroad...

lol

Yep, when I use the phrase ‘managers that don’t currently have a job’ you can just swap out ‘managers’ for ‘blokes’.

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

He went to city after Eriksson. Spent absolutely heaps of money and I’d say did an average job at best. Signed some utterly dross for huge fees and wages. Did sign Kompang I believe so I’ll give him that.

Did a great job at Blackburn, can’t argue with that. However it’s at least 8 -9 years since he left! 

Spent chunks at QPR and ruined them after initially keeping them up.

Did the same at Stoke.

Now he’s done the same at Southampton. 

Always needs big money and tends to send clubs on a downward spiral. Bit like a Harry Redknapp type.

The reason the become worse is becaus he started the decline and left them in positions where it’s damn hard to recover. It would be a bit like saying Carlos is completely faultless for starting our decline.

Or playing Devil's advocate here

Those clubs were always in untenable positions in regards to spending money, overstretched themselves and fizzed themselves chasing the dream of staying in midtable the Premier League

Regardless, I don't rate him as a manager and I wouldn't want him here, I just think think asking what managers have acheived in the modern game is a bit of a red herring as outside mangers for 4 or 5 top flight clubs, most modern managers in the English game will achieve sod all.

7 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Or playing Devil's advocate here

Those clubs were always in untenable positions in regards to spending money, overstretched themselves and fizzed themselves chasing the dream of staying in midtable the Premier League

Regardless, I don't rate him as a manager and I wouldn't want him here, I just think think asking what managers have acheived in the modern game is a bit of a red herring as outside mangers for 4 or 5 top flight clubs, most modern managers in the English game will achieve sod all.

I understand that. I just think he’s been awful for years. Is incredibly negative and blames others. His attitude would darken the cloud already cast over Hillsborough 

Hughes available after leaving Soton. Joins Moyes, Pardew, Allardyce, Bruce as potential new managers.

Who would you go for???

We will get a combination of them all..............................the unemployed Lithuanian U17's coach.......Bruce Humopardyce

Who would you go for???

Allardyce, but he is far too expensive. Moyes, but he has no championship experience in recent time and the rest are gash. 

Edited by Daizan10

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Moyes possibly the best of that bunch, the rest are serial failures too arrogant to see their own approaches to the game don't work anymore.

Bruce wouldn't come because we can't give him £75 million he needs to make sides bang average

Pardew would come and achieve nothing

Hughes would come and make us worse

Allardyce would want stupid amounts and play football that would make Megson's sides look like Brazil '82.

exactly a list of high paid losers ,with our perilous financial situation 100% none will be coming. saying that though I heard a few clowns at blackburn on Saturday wanting carlos back seriously must have been high on crack. a dog or a cat could do better than jos but lets not get stupid with this bunch of losers.