I think both Mark  Hughes and Steve Bruce are 'yesterday's men' who appear to be 'stale'; to have lost the drive  they once had,  and who no longer seem to have the enthusiasm or the  will to introduce or effectively communicate fresh ideas to inspire either the fans , or the players as ( debateably) they once did.

So while I believe we should be looking to change the manager , I would hope that neither of these 'once eminent gentlemen' is under serious consideration. In many ways the qualities they  possess are similar qualities to those inherent in some of our more senior players.

In my opinion , to appoint either would simply be a continuation of the suspect recruitment policy which has resulted in us being where we are today . 

19 hours ago, Anus said:

I'm sure after his two previous jobs which haven't proved too successful he see's Wednesday as the ideal club to restore his managerial reputation with?

I mean as a club what wouldn't a potential new manager find appealing about our position at the moment.

Also as muted on other threads we could perhaps minimise any potential payoff he might get by just offering him as contract till summer, so we can see how it goes.

Best hope he doesn't accidentally head into the megastore on his way to his new office and get killed in the crush.

When i think of Hughes, i see a manager on the decline. His only success was at Blackburn from 2004-2008. What were they like then? a club scrapping about or money to spend?

Since then its gone absolutely boobies up for him .. i mean a 13% win rate at Southampton ... attrocious and 23% at QPR where many blame him for their decline!

I can see the argument of him wanting to rebuild his career and to step away from the prem and take something less in the spot light? dunno .. might work out for him .. he might turn things around ... but based on his CV .. he's garbage!

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

I would rather have this bloke until the end of the season, a really nice guy has promotion on his cv from last season, since he left  Fulham their defense has been a shambles, picks up good loan players and develops youth in the right way.

Image result for stuart gray

I don't disagree with this but I suspect that the manner of his departure from the current regime suggests that neither party would be particularly enthusiastic about renewing the partnership.

Shame, really, because this bloke has exactly the right attributes to approach the current crisis and there are very few other names that spring to mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

can see the argument of him wanting to rebuild his career and to step away from the prem and take something less in the spot light? dunno .. might work out for him .. he might turn things around ... but based on his CV .. he's garbage

Fully agree buddy, my post was a poor attempt at humour. I want a manager interested in turning us around rather than their own failing career. I just think we are in such a state as a club, that we aren't an option for manager's like Hughes who would need us to spend. And we have a owner and management team that seem totally incapable of running a club shop let alone an actual football club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I don't disagree with this but I suspect that the manner of his departure from the current regime suggests that neither party would be particularly enthusiastic about renewing the partnership.

Shame, really, because this bloke has exactly the right attributes to approach the current crisis and there are very few other names that spring to mind.

Unfortunately i agree .. jettisoned for his own man .. Gray wo'nt want to save face and come back ... only unless DC makes a public apology or something?