RELEGATION under Luhukay

To me it comes down to this. Should we stay up  and I think we will and then we cut ties with the out of contract players and sort FFP, would you trust Jos to build a team capable of challenging?? Based on the 46 games he's had and with the players he's had available I don't think he could. 

10 hours ago, handworth52 said:

the season ticket sales have already dropped this season by about 1500 , potd is the lowest in the league at appx 1-2000 on average not inc away supporters . I can see the say when we will be down to 15000 unless prices drop and our fortunes change on the pitch. 

History says otherwise.

15k average attendances are the kind of thing that scaremongers would come out with right now, to be honest.

34 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

To me it comes down to this. Should we stay up  and I think we will and then we cut ties with the out of contract players and sort FFP, would you trust Jos to build a team capable of challenging?? Based on the 46 games he's had and with the players he's had available I don't think he could. 

Well, let us be realistic.

Jos has only actually brought one player in, and he has brought on a few youngsters who we would now say are capable of being first teamers - indeed when Penney and Thornily have been dropped recently, A lot on here saying that Jos was wrong and they should have kept their shirt?   Yet he is the reason they are at the forefront anyway.

Truth is, if we have to cut our cloth, and we have to do it this drastically that we cannot play players for fear of clauses that give a player another term, then this manager has his hands tied quite a lot - not only that he is being forced to alienate players which will be killing morale, but is that the managers fault?

The football on display is shocking, and I cannot deny that, but I do not know the whole truth and I do not 100% believe A.N. Other will do a better job in this period where we are really struggling.

I'd personally stick with JOS until such a time when the manager (whatever manager) doesn't have his hands tied.

Edited by HarryPlopper

5 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Well, let us be realistic.

Jos has only actually brought one player in, and he has brought on a few youngsters who we would now say are capable of being first teamers - indeed when Penney and Thornily have been dropped recently, A lot on here saying that Jos was wrong and they should have kept their shirt?   Yet he is the reason they are at the forefront anyway.

Truth is, if we have to cut our cloth, and we have to do it this drastically that we cannot play players for fear of clauses that give a player another term, then this manager has his hands tied quite a lot - not only that he is being forced to alienate players which will be killing morale, but is that the managers fault?

The football on display is shocking, and I cannot deny that, but I do not know the whole truth and I do not 100% believe A.N. Other will do a better job in this period where we are really struggling.

I'd personally stick with JOS until such a time when the manager (whatever manager) doesn't have his hands tied.

Agree with a lot you say but I'm thinking more of the players he's HAD available. Forget injuries and the bomb squad, which is far from ideal granted.The main worry is lack of structure, definitive formation, a way of playing. 8 weeks ago it seemed to be coming since then it's like he's ripped it up and started again. 

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Agree with a lot you say but I'm thinking more of the players he's HAD available. Forget injuries and the bomb squad, which is far from ideal granted.The main worry is lack of structure, definitive formation, a way of playing. 8 weeks ago it seemed to be coming since then it's like he's ripped it up and started again. 

God knows what went on during the international break.

6th in the league, two defeats in 9.

It wasn't always great, but there were a few encouraging signs. 

Now it feels like we've gone back to square one and are starting over. 

11 hours ago, Beholder said:

It's DC who has to be accountable for this. 

Football club chairman have to be decisive. Timing is everything. 

I just watched a thing on Netflix about the American civil war. 

The Union General was called McClelland. 

His refusal to press home a massive advantage at a number significant points in the war led to it lasting about three years longer than it should. Hundreds of thousands more died as a result. 

Good chairmanshio is not about how much money you have at your disposal. It's about making the right decisions at the right times. 

As it is Jos may scrape a result here and there which will make this drag on. But we can all see that he will be sacked sooner or later. Better now while we have a very experienced and successful manager ready to take the helm in Mick Mccarthy. 

Keep delaying and we will get relegated. Its plain to see. 

I 100% agree. But you will find it impossible to make fans understand this. 

Ask any fan why they think chansiri is a good owner. The only response you will ever get is that he's put money into the club. 

I could win the euro millions jackpot buy Wednesday and spend £100m in investment. Still wouldn't make me a good owner. 

To be a good owner you need to be an intelligent business person, and have good knowledge of football. If you don't have the latter you need to surround yourself with people who do.

Chansiri lacks all these things. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poite said:

To be a good owner you need to be an intelligent business person, and have good knowledge of football. If you don't have the latter you need to surround yourself with people who do.

Err, but DC thought he did. They stitched him up good and proper.

Though it nearly worked, what do think DC thought after the first season...wow these guys are good?...and why wouldn't you (especially if no football knowledge.

Of course they don't have to consider the consequences when it goes apshit.

Where do you think Jos came from...or CC...or some of  (best leave out the rest)

Yep he made a big mistake but only in choosing the advisors.

It's tough in the football business world, it was a mistake and more people than him have fallen for it before and will do in the future.

14 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Having taken 1 point out of 15 between the two international breaks this is a time of real concern for those who care about Sheffield Wednesday.

That is relegation form writ large of course so any sensible business would be looking at its options.

Relegation under Luhukay would lead to a financial melt down.

Just imagine the drop off in our life blood, namely season ticket sales as we have such a small potg %.

Or we could be decisive by getting rid of Luhukay and bring in a proven Championship manager who has some clue about what he is doing.

We have had bucket loads of 'Proven Managers' thing is none of them have done it for us. So history tells me not to go down that Road. lol

I think I'd quite like a Maori manager who does the Haka on the Halfway line before every game.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

History says otherwise.

15k average attendances are the kind of thing that scaremongers would come out with right now, to be honest.

if we either go down or next season are near bottom 100% we will be down to 15k for night games during winter . we will lose at least another 2-3k season ticket holders by next season . even scummy leeds went down to 16-18k under cellino

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:47, torres said:

After Friday I’m more convinced he has to go. 

The team did the bare minimum of what I’d expect every week. Worked hard and didn’t fold under the slightest bit of pressure. 

The fact that this is a vast improvement on most of the season says all we need to know. 

With this break upon us I think it’s the perfect time to make a change. 

Yes, he’s had things to deal with but too many times he comes up far to short and the team under performs 

Cannot praise this post enough.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I agree 100% with Full Fathom Five.

The type of football Luhukay favours is very reminiscent of Irvine, namely set up to try to nullify the opposition and hope that we can grab a goal.

With an investment of £80M plus it is an enormous risk keeping him.

Plus as Full Fathom Five says if Luhukay stays season ticket revenue will fall because his brand of football just does not excite.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2018 at 09:34, Owls Loyal said:

Having taken 1 point out of 15 between the two international breaks this is a time of real concern for those who care about Sheffield Wednesday.

That is relegation form writ large of course so any sensible business would be looking at its options.

Relegation under Luhukay would lead to a financial melt down.

Just imagine the drop off in our life blood, namely season ticket sales as we have such a small potg %.

Or we could be decisive by getting rid of Luhukay and bring in a proven Championship manager who has some clue about what he is doing.

Errm, our transfer policy and stragey is going to cause the financial meltdown. Not getting relegated.

15 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

History says otherwise.

And that the season ticket rise would mean that 10,000 fans would boycott the club...result record season ticket sales lol