RELEGATION under Luhukay

Having taken 1 point out of 15 between the two international breaks this is a time of real concern for those who care about Sheffield Wednesday.

That is relegation form writ large of course so any sensible business would be looking at its options.

Relegation under Luhukay would lead to a financial melt down.

Just imagine the drop off in our life blood, namely season ticket sales as we have such a small potg %.

Or we could be decisive by getting rid of Luhukay and bring in a proven Championship manager who has some clue about what he is doing.

• Like 1

unless he goes and goes during the break then that's a certainty where  we will end up . if mandaric was still here he would act during the break , then a proper assessment can be done by a new manager and a plan for the future ,we will have to sell in January but even if 20 million was raised prob only be able to get 2 loans in . its about stabilising the club for the next 2 years ,forget bruce, etc the millions have gone ,we need a mick McCarthy in to get us through some very tough times and hopefully chansiri in that time would sell up if he aint going to learn and do the right things. 

After Friday I’m more convinced he has to go. 

The team did the bare minimum of what I’d expect every week. Worked hard and didn’t fold under the slightest bit of pressure. 

The fact that this is a vast improvement on most of the season says all we need to know. 

With this break upon us I think it’s the perfect time to make a change. 

Yes, he’s had things to deal with but too many times he comes up far to short and the team under performs 

4 minutes ago, Jon From Woodseats said:

But before that we were in playoff form. Could still change yet. Probably wait til Christmas.

Either way season ticket sales will drop anyway after the multi season tickets expire.

Whatever we’re doing on the pitch, Season Ticket sales will drop particularly if Lukuhay remains in charge?

4 minutes ago, Jon From Woodseats said:

But before that we were in playoff form. Could still change yet. Probably wait til Christmas.

Either way season ticket sales will drop anyway after the multi season tickets expire.

the season ticket sales have already dropped this season by about 1500 , potd is the lowest in the league at appx 1-2000 on average not inc away supporters . I can see the say when we will be down to 15000 unless prices drop and our fortunes change on the pitch. 

It's DC who has to be accountable for this. 

Football club chairman have to be decisive. Timing is everything. 

I just watched a thing on Netflix about the American civil war. 

The Union General was called McClelland. 

His refusal to press home a massive advantage at a number significant points in the war led to it lasting about three years longer than it should. Hundreds of thousands more died as a result. 

Good chairmanshio is not about how much money you have at your disposal. It's about making the right decisions at the right times. 

As it is Jos may scrape a result here and there which will make this drag on. But we can all see that he will be sacked sooner or later. Better now while we have a very experienced and successful manager ready to take the helm in Mick Mccarthy. 

Keep delaying and we will get relegated. Its plain to see. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

then a proper assessment can be done by a new manager and a plan for the future ,we will have to sell in January but even if 20 million was raised prob only be able to get 2 loans in . its about stabilising the club for the next 2 years ,forget bruce, etc the millions have gone ,we need a mick McCarthy in to get us through some very tough times and hopefully chansiri in that time would sell up if he aint going to learn and do the right things. 

The assessment has been done already by JL, the rest is to come

Tbf, on Friday we looked like a team who are going to be nearer the bottom of the table than the top. 

Unless something changes quite drastically (either he goes or stumbles across a formula which works) then I see nothing but a very long old season and possibly a relegation battle. 

Our one saving grace might be how ridiculously compact this division is. String two wins together and you'll fly up the league. 

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Well that's 1st, relegate in November with 29 games to play.

Just who is this magical 'Championship' manager who is going to absolutely guarantee success?

Who knows...

I fear there isn't one and that the issues go much deeper than the bloke stood (well, sat) in the dugout. 

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Just who is this magical 'Championship' manager who is going to absolutely guarantee success?

A manager who's ego isn't so threatened by experiencenced players that he has to exclude them from the squad and training? 

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been playing this game since 'Sir' Jack left in 1983.

Every time we enter a slump there are Knee jerk reactions, so get rid of the Manager after a short time, get a bounce, then the inevitable slump, so sack the manager.

And so the circle turns and keeps turning.

What is the definition of Madness, 'Keep making the same mistakes and hope for a different result'?.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

There is no magical person, but everyone is looking at the way we are playing, the substitutions that Jos makes, or doesn't make, the players that are not playing, the constant changing of the team for each game, and thinking that someone else could come in and change that at least.

whether that makes a difference who knows, but if we carry on in the same way as we are now for the rest of the season we are looking at being relegation candidates

so something has to change, either Jos changes his attitude, which could happen, or we get someone else in

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

A manager who's ego isn't so threatened by experiencenced players that he has to exclude them from the squad and training? 

It has nothing to do with Ego's of the management, more the player's, and more to do with Discipline and training.

IF it is right about Hutch refusing to play in the u23's then that is Hutch's ego, he knows the rules laid down by Jos from the 1st day.

If by January, we are in a relegation battle, then everything changes Look, I have no idea of our financial predicament, but if we needed to sell a couple of our better players, I was OK with this, especially if we could bring in a couple of loanees. However, that was when I envisaged a mid table position. In a relegation position though, with our best hope of a win, a piece of individual magic from Reach or Forestieri, then selling would probably seal our relegation