RELEGATION under Luhukay

I agree 100% with Beholder:

As it is Jos may scrape a result here and there which will make this drag on. But we can all see that he will be sacked sooner or later. Better now while we have a very experienced and successful manager ready to take the helm in Mick Mccarthy. 

Keep delaying and we will get relegated. Its plain to see

I say it again relegation under Luhukay will be a finacial melt down.

The risk under Luhukay is too great - the club needs to get rid immediatley in my view.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Animis said:

No we've not - has as been mentioned above, we've had top six form for a couple of 12-game periods and bottom six for two 6 game spells under Jos.

It's the inconsistency that has brought the extreme reaction from the fans in some respects. It is just that we are in a bad spell. 

It's the changes to the team and senior player omissions that are worrying - if Jos can start picking results up again with the U23s, steady eddies, and the return of FF/Matias, then fine. If not, the experiment will have failed and change will be needed.

Go back to November 48 games total and 55 points. 

Over a 46 game season that’s 52 points. Pretty much puts you in a relegation battle. Especially when we are in a slump of 1 point from 15. 

So dont make things up and say no we’ve not when I’ve taken the time to look this up and you’re using blind faith. 

This is isn’t an extreme reaction. I created a thread well before our big slump last season saying we were in relegation form. We’ve maybe improved by a couple of points 10 months or so on from that. So please don’t tell me and others like me that we are having an extreme reaction when the evidence is there with over a seasons worth of games. 

• Like 1

Not only is the reality of relegation a real possibility but the fact that DC said if we don’t go up we are in serious trouble should be a massive concern. We are never going to go up with this set of players and manager. DC declaring this was a very stupid and naive thing to do imo. Just adds even more worry for the fans. We won’t achive success under Jos imo. We need a manager that can motivate this current set of players to even give us an outside chance of being anywhere near the top 6 come the end of the season. 

Weather you all like it or not, Jos will be here next season.

He was brought in to do a job, one that he cannot begin to do until the summer of next year, due to circumstances beyond his control.

He is known in Germany as a disciplinarian, he laid down his rule to the players on arrival on Discipline espescially when it came to training (not turning up or being late).

IF,IF, it is true about senior players refusing to play in the u23's , then they knew what to expect.

• Like 1

So Mick McCarthy comes in with his magic sponge and we realise our injury problems can't be fixed. We go down anyway and Mick gets sacked for taking us down. 

We're in league one with a team full of randomers like Sunderland, after Mick decided to raid the turkish 3rd division and the Icelandic premier. 

Grass isn't always greener. 

Did we get relegated last season ?. We've got 10 points to make up over the next 9 games, to be in the same position as last season. 

On the contrary, with the likes of FF and Matias rekindling the squad, we'll be back in the play off spots by chrimbo. 

Have faith. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not only is the reality of relegation a real possibility but the fact that DC said if we don’t go up we are in serious trouble should be a massive concern. We are never going to go up with this set of players and manager. DC declaring this was a very stupid and naive thing to do imo. Just adds even more worry for the fans. We won’t achive success under Jos imo. We need a manager that can motivate this current set of players to even give us an outside chance of being anywhere near the top 6 come the end of the season. 

We’re not going to be in the top six this season, new manager of not. Our squad isn’t good enough. Bringing back Westwood and George Boyd will still not make it good enough.

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

So Mick McCarthy comes in with his magic sponge and we realise our injury problems can't be fixed. We go down anyway and Mick gets sacked for taking us down. 

We're in league one with a team full of randomers like Sunderland, after Mick decided to raid the turkish 3rd division and the Icelandic premier. 

Grass isn't always greener. 

its not the injuries that are the big problem, the big problem is the way we set up, not making substitutions until it is too late and then mostly the wrong ones, and swapping the team from match to match

any new manager can solve those problems from the first game

I think too many are depending on Forestieri and Matias....let's not forget these are two players who have both had questionable fitness issues at the club. If we can keep them both fit and injury free then great but I have my doubts. 

All in all its a total mess.

Edited by Johnny Concrete

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Over a 46 game season that’s 52 points. Pretty much puts you in a relegation battle. Especially when we are in a slump of 1 point from 15. 

So dont make things up and say no we’ve not when I’ve taken the time to look this up and you’re using blind faith. 

This is isn’t an extreme reaction. I created a thread well before our big slump last season saying we were in relegation form. We’ve maybe improved by a couple of points 10 months or so on from that. So please don’t tell me and others like me that we are having an extreme reaction when the evidence is there with over a seasons worth of games. 

Our form has been inconsistent for 12 months, which spanned two managers. Everyone was agreed that CC had to go, but injuries to key players - FF, BB, Hopper, Lee etc, clearly played a part in this.

In focusing on Jos' - his first 10 games yielded 7 points - clearly relegation form but considering the options available to him and the form of the team prior to this i.e.11 games yielding 6 points. That 21 game period in 17/18 yielded 13 points. In normal circumstances, we would have been relegated. However, Jos last 10 games yielded 20 points - top six form.

The first 12 games of this season has yielded 19 points, which saw us to sixth position. The last 5 games have yielded 1 point which is clearly relegation form.

What this demonstrates is it's not clear cut - we have extreme periods of form, with the inconsistency frustrating the fans, including me and clearly you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

Our form has been inconsistent for 12 months, which spanned two managers. Everyone was agreed that CC had to go, but injuries to key players - FF, BB, Hopper, Lee etc, clearly played a part in this.

In focusing on Jos' - his first 10 games yielded 7 points - clearly relegation form but considering the options available to him and the form of the team prior to this i.e.11 games yielding 6 points. That 21 game period in 17/18 yielded 13 points. In normal circumstances, we would have been relegated. However, Jos last 10 games yielded 20 points - top six form.

The first 12 games of this season has yielded 19 points, which saw us to sixth position. The last 5 games have yielded 1 point which is clearly relegation form.

What this demonstrates is it's not clear cut - we have extreme periods of form, with the inconsistency frustrating the fans, including me and clearly you.

Inconsistency gets you relegated. 

Our injuries, frozen out players, embargo and lack of signings means imo it’ll get worse before it gets better. 

I’ve shown statistically we are relegation fodder. I also have my eyes and they show me we look a very poor side. 

I think we’ve been second best the majority of games this season. I don’t expect us to hammer sides, but we don’t compete very well. We have no game plan. No settled side or systems. We struggle to create chances. 

There’s unfortunately too many reasons why I think we struggle on the pitch and will continue to do so for a while. 

38 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Going back to last November includes games under Carvalhal as well.

Under Luhukay, even with our current poor run of form, we average 1.27 points per game, which would give us 58 points over a season - enough to sit comfortably mid-table in each of the last five seasons.

To avoid relegation in the past half decade, the points needed have been: 42, 52, 41, 42 and 45.

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Inconsistency gets you relegated. 

Our injuries, frozen out players, embargo and lack of signings means imo it’ll get worse before it gets better. 

I’ve shown statistically we are relegation fodder. I also have my eyes and they show me we look a very poor side. 

I think we’ve been second best the majority of games this season. I don’t expect us to hammer sides, but we don’t compete very well. We have no game plan. No settled side or systems. We struggle to create chances. 

There’s unfortunately too many reasons why I think we struggle on the pitch and will continue to do so for a while. 

Possibly - but it also might just keep us in this division, which I suspect is DC/Jos' real target this season.

We are very fragile team - and the drift to experimenting with the U23s and 'trusted' pros is a risk. 

Other than a spell in CC's first season, i don't think it's been a pleasure watching SWFC since DC became the owner. We're attritional and laboured. We had the benefit of clean sheets in CC's first two seasons, that got us results, but it wasn't on the whole good to watch. I think the fans accepted this because he kept getting results. I think this has continued under Jos, but the patience and faith from the fan base is all but exhausted.

Get this season over with, get the players the club doesn't want out and re-build, hopefully with some younger, hungrier, pacy, fit and technically good players.

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Some right drama queens  on here,didn't know season finished in November 

Grow some balls and man up

Are you blind or just in denial, we are a poor side and heading for the championship trapdoor under the leadership of Jos and the owner. Changes need to be made quickly. And yes I've only missed 2 matches this season so I think I know what I'm talking about. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bunch of bedwetters.

Mid table end of. First clean sheet will breed confidence. Injuries have killed us. We looked a threat when Matias came on. We’ve been without both FF and Matias for a month and without them we have no attacking threat. No wonder we’ve looked poor since. We were 6th when we had these two players available to us.

Jos isn’t brilliant, but the club has been hampered by bad injuries and shocking transfer recruitment. Will take years to sort out. We won’t go down ffs. That performance against Blades shows the spirit is there and on our day we have match winners who will keep us away from the drop. 

Now is not the time to panic. The chairman’s next move should be to clear out the mess next summer and surround himself with people who have the clubs best interests at heart. But I’m not holding my breath.

6th in the table was an extremely false position.

3/5 of our wins are vs Reading, Millwall and Ipswich, some of the poorest teams in the Championship. Forest was one of the worst overall displays I've seen from us this season. Leeds was another attacking onslaught against us akin to scenes we saw again on Friday, only thanks to a Reach worldie did we scrape a point from that one.  Credit where it's due, we played well against West Brom going forward but we fell apart at the back yet again and threw 2 points away, we could have had a repeat of this game against Bristol and despite a couple of goals in quick succession from Joao, the defence was very poor and they piled on the pressure after scoring a 80th minute penalty. We then go on to get beaten by Middlesborough, only scoring via another Reach worldie, QPR, Birmingham and Norwich all thrash us. I'm not even going to go into the Utd game as I'm sure 99% of fans have come to the consensus that it was embarrassing.

If this continues then lets hope that beating the teams below us and scraping draws is enough to keep us floating above the drop zone.

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Well that's 1st, relegate in November with 29 games to play.

Just who is this magical 'Championship' manager who is going to absolutely guarantee success?

This. It appears theres plenty of plan As but no sodding plan Bs. I bet these so called championship winning  managers are already sending their CV;'s out to work under this aspiring chairman. Oh wait a  minute.............They will have the same squad of players who may or may not be available for selection, but until we know exactly what is going off behind the scenes, the reasons are just speculation. It may well turn out to be all strange decisions made the manager re team selection, but how do we know some of these seasoned experienced pros dont want to perform hence the reason they are not being picked. it could be hundreds of reasons but, lets sack the manager and all will be honky dory. 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

A manager who's ego isn't so threatened by experiencenced players that he has to exclude them from the squad and training? 

I wonder why he as had to exclude them. Can you tell us, because I've no idea.