Chris Wilder’s post match interview

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

‘Driven and a proven winner’?

He’s managed Oxford, Northampton and United. All scruffbag lower league outfits. 

It’s hardly the CV of Capello. Let’s not get carried away. 

And won promotions with all those clubs on limited resource. I think it’s hard to deny he’s got something, might go on to manage a bigger club.

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

‘Driven and a proven winner’?

He’s managed Oxford, Northampton and United. All scruffbag lower league outfits. 

It’s hardly the CV of Capello. Let’s not get carried away. 

We have a manager with a decent CV and thats not good enough either. Perhaps we do need capello

5 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

And won promotions with all those clubs on limited resource. I think it’s hard to deny he’s got something, might go on to manage a bigger club.

I think he plays a very effective brand of lower league football. 2 big centre half’s, passer in midfield and sniffer up front. Play the channels, balls in the box and win the 2nd ball. Simple stuff. 

And that’s not a dig, and it might be enough to get out of this league.

After that, the game is more about having the gravitas to motivate multi millionaire teenagers. Not sure he’s got that in his kitbag. 

I think he’s the modern day Warnock.

42 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

He tries so very hard to be "a true blade".

This is a bloke who has done a fantastic job, playing an inventive system and getting his team of mediocre players to perform well above their capabilities to challenge at the top half of one of the toughest leagues in the world. 

You'd like to think he might have something vaguely insightful to say on the evenings proceedings, but instead he just sounded like any other bitter pig with an inferiority complex.

It's sad really.

Spot on mate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

I never watch any manager interviews but this guy is fascinating. I’ve never seen anyone embody bitterness like this. He’s seething. Is he always like this?

Bitter little tw@ couldn't even bring himself to say Sheffield Wednesday. FFS. But without using the actual words he was confirming that WE ARE A BIGGER, BETTER CLUB THAN HE CAN EVER WISH TO MANAGE. When they finally sack him, and it will come to that one day as it always does, I will laugh my little cotton socks off.

UTO
FTB
FFP
FFS

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think he plays a very effective brand of lower league football. 2 big centre half’s, passer in midfield and sniffer up front. Play the channels, balls in the box and win the 2nd ball. Simple stuff. 

And that’s not a dig, and it might be enough to get out of this league.

After that, the game is more about having the gravitas to motivate multi millionaire teenagers. Not sure he’s got that in his kitbag. 

I think he’s the modern day Warnock.

Probably not far wrong with that assessment.  Prefer Warnock as a character (at least in recent seasons) but I do like the way Wilder sends his teams out to play.

1 hour ago, Slogboy said:

Fox could play an awesome game and you'd say he was poo ,  same with palmer, Joey etc. Got your favourites I guess

Nope I think palmers not been to bad and joey did well last night to say it was an onslaught. 

The fact is fox is very flipping poor and we need to bring in a good LB in Jan. 

21 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Bitter little tw@ couldn't even bring himself to say Sheffield Wednesday. FFS. But without using the actual words he was confirming that WE ARE A BIGGER, BETTER CLUB THAN HE CAN EVER WISH TO MANAGE. When they finally sack him, and it will come to that one day as it always does, I will laugh my little cotton socks off.

UTO
FTB
FFP
FFS

Can't deny he is doing a good job but that chip of inferiority in relation to us is trademark of most bitter blunts.

I am sure he will be referencing this game in weeks to come - the next time they are at home if they win - 'at least -insert club name here - came and had a go at taking the game to us'........ next time they get beat - 'credit to -insert club name here' - they don't have the financial clout of some clubs in this blah blah blah'.... 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Can't deny he is doing a good job but that chip of inferiority in relation to us is trademark of most bitter blunts.

I am sure he will be referencing this game in weeks to come - the next time they are at home if they win - 'at least -insert club name here - came and had a go at taking the game to us'........ next time they get beat - 'credit to -insert club name here' - they don't have the financial clout of some clubs in this blah blah blah'.... 

That last bit is very true

Hes obsessed

1 hour ago, vulva said:

To be fair he doesn’t have to motivate them.  He has to sell them to fund the deficit in this seasons playing budget while McSue and Poundland Prince squabble in the courts.  

Players on 40k a week !?  What about Dawson Penney Thorniley and Baker then Chris ? All out of the academy playing there first full seasons at this level ? 

Poweful side ? Have a word with yourself man ... your sheff Utd side is far far better than ours right now and should have won comprehensively last night 

The blunt's need two or three quality players, but they will not get any. They will not pay the wages to get the kind of players they need. IMO they will do exactly the same as last season, run out of steam in the second half of the season. Don't forget at the latter end of last season it was relegation form. Last night in the second half they ran out of ideas.

Wilder did not know how to change the way they played to break the owls down. Uto.

• Like 1