Chris Wilder’s post match interview

Let’s be right, Wednesday and United hate each other.

But the Blades make it part of their official identity, so much so that since McCabe was there they have always made reference to us and compared against us in official speeches or PR. That along with trying to create some kind of unique angle and identity for themselves as a club that doesn’t exist. They just aren’t that comfortable in their own skin.

Wednesday have been out of the limelight for a long time but we have never felt it necessary to do the same. Even as the supporters become more frustrated and begin to do so as a club we haven’t resorted to using them as a yardstick on an official basis. Mainly because we don’t have an inferiority complex.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

We had 3 players on the pitch that we'd paid a fee for. I bet if you added the transfer fees up they'd have spent more. Thats why he went for the wages comment. He'd planned it all along. 

Peppa Mardiola. 2hat.

Somebody worked the fees on the pitch it and they paid around £500k more than us

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Just weird how he wants to talk about the 'opposition' first.

I bet his friday night was totally shattered!

Be no good as an after dinner speaker.10 minutes in and it would be " alright Chris but have you got any stories about united?"

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

We had 3 players on the pitch that we'd paid a fee for. I bet if you added the transfer fees up they'd have spent more. Thats why he went for the wages comment. He'd planned it all along. 

Peppa Mardiola. 2hat.

what makes me laugh is the local media are so far up his arse they don't challenge these demented rants 

20 hours ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

Actually thought inside that it might happen last night, but please don't tempt fate...

:ghoulguy:

Don't worry - BDM was only revenge for 8 Sept 1951 - we took a 7 v 3 pounding at The Sty - so "Jinx Theory" has been satisfied. Astonishingly, we went up from the old Div 2 to the old Div 1 as champions, that season.

There might be hope for us this season, yet!!:laugh:

16 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Another one to go in the bin along with playing FEAR last season

WTF:

43D7A477-3C6A-42EF-BA0D-DB2A00C9383F.thumb.jpeg.1db95e9758e65acac056b2fd26f59dd7.jpeg

If anything I see that as a compliment as I prefer just Wednesday anyway, they could've put SWFC and really hurt our feelings eh?

Maybe we can put Sheffield WEDNESDAY v Rent student fans to make up their numbers united on the return fixture?

My girlfriend, well partner; sounds weird calling her girlfriend when we're in our 40s and have been together for over 20 years, but then partner makes me sound gay - which isn't a problem in itself but, well, I digest... Anyhow... She's a blunt and after watching Wilder's interview said he just came across as bitter what with the comments about salaries and the big name players we have. I mean we may have some big names at the club but arguably they had more for this league in their team. I don't mind Wilder, usually, but he just reverts back to a blunt when commenting about us and the archetypal blunt that lives in our shadow even when they're doing better than we are and have a really good chance of promotion. Silly tw*t, really, but there you go.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Just weird how he wants to talk about the 'opposition' first.

I bet his friday night was totally shattered!

Absolutely right.

"We didn't do what we expected we would so let's mardy@rse about Wednesday"

Pathetic. So low rent. So undignified. But the media will still be up his @rse.

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

what makes me laugh is the local media are so far up his arse they don't challenge these demented rants 

He's managing the form team in the division plus he's a media ***** always available. Be dropped like a hot potato as quickly as they fall away.

he can rant on about this and that all he likes....

fact is last 2 games against us have been in their own backyard against a side low on confidence/performance and riddled with injuries.

yet they haven't scored!! thats reality. yeah sure they can come at us with 'but we won the one before that'  - they did but it got them nowhere as they missed the play-offs. 

what about the one before that though. l0l

Edited by GY-owl.4