Chris Wilder’s post match interview

9 hours ago, Geosword said:

If any Blunt ever tries to tell us that we're not viewed as the biggest club in Sheffield - play them that interview.

Wilder let all the deepest hatreds out of the bag for us there:

- 'Powerful Club'. Not really in the bigger picture but it's always been that way compared to you lot. Nice of you to admit it though.

- 40k players. Only rumoured to be one and that's just heresay. Mostly on here. Nice to know you're reading this now.

- 'I know which dressing room is happier.' Yep. And it's not yours.

Two good chances to avenge the BDM and bottled both.

Also, the look on Billy Blunts' face compared to Dawson's. Obvious that Billy will be singing into the night and into their victory dinner tomorrow - he looked overjoyed.

In fact he was so jubilant, he forgot sporting manners and didn't hand the man of the match trophy to Cameron.

Even at our lowest ebb, they can't knock us out.

Older, bigger, better and now.. more powerful. Delicious!

absolutely

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Mardiola. I think tha's nailed it and I request full use without breaking any copyrights lol

Use away Ronnie

Just now, Slogboy said:

Penney and Fox did just fine last night. 

The team kept a flipping clean sheet against a team whose in great form atm - get a grip pal

Which game were you watching. Every time Penney got the ball and ran with it he gave it away. I was glad when MM came on. 

Fox is just poo , I’m happy we got a clean sheet and especially against the pigs. That doesn’t mean I’m happy to accept how meadiocre we were in attack last night. 

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

I've crunched the numbers so you don't have to...

Average height of our three big units = a shade over 6' 1"

Average height of our five big units = a shade under 6' 1"

Average height of Uniteds three CBs = a shade over 6' 2"

Maybe he was thinking of our three behemoths in midfield, average height just over 5' 7"?

...A team with four youth players with an average of 15 championship appearances in their careers (most coming this season)...

...A team with three players discarded by other clubs...

...A team with two much maligned players who cost next to nothing...

...A team with a player who has made the grand total of zero games for his parent club in three years...

...A team with one player who signed for a middling amount of cash in todays market (the kind of money that buys a championship center back)...

image.png.ebbf1ad01472f603859611158415da64.png 

Brilliant @Binky Griptite  ... thats piganomics

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

Forgive me if my fcats are a little out , but- Following Wilders comments (sounded to me more like many Owlstalk posters), I have a couple of questions-1/ Where did his forward substitute, one of his best marksmen /scorers, come from - a certain Leon Clarke ? and ,2/ Doesn't United now have a rather wealthy Arab owner? 

Didn't see his interview but he sounds like he was the absolute opposite of Billy Sharpe. Sharpe spoke straight after the game with humility and was realistic about how they were the better side but how well we did to keep them out.

And that was his gut reaction, 30 seconds after running around on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Gained some respect from me.

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Bottom line is that they have one way of playing which is all about overloading the opponent, doesn't rely on skill mainly numbers. You can see why they beat poor teams, they just overwhelm them, but against better teams they can't break them down

And that happened yesterday, lots of possession and bodies in the box, but no way of creating against a packed defence

His problem is..he knows this

Bang on the money.  

The sky highlights show just how very little they created (ditto us of course, but after shipping 12 in 4 games we were never going to go at it) 

He tries so very hard to be "a true blade".

This is a bloke who has done a fantastic job, playing an inventive system and getting his team of mediocre players to perform well above their capabilities to challenge at the top half of one of the toughest leagues in the world. 

You'd like to think he might have something vaguely insightful to say on the evenings proceedings, but instead he just sounded like any other bitter pig with an inferiority complex.

It's sad really.

• Thanks 1

He’s driven and a proven winner - how did people expect him to react?

It cuts both ways, but with anything Wednesday -v- United people seem to lose all sense of perspective. It’s not that long ago many on here seemed convinced Lees was better than Maguire, whilst others in the lead-up to this game asserted Joao was better than Sharp.

It wasn’t the best reaction from Wilder last night, but on evidence of last 12 months I would be happy to swap managers. Let’s see how that one goes down :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

‘Driven and a proven winner’?

He’s managed Oxford, Northampton and United. All scruffbag lower league outfits. 

It’s hardly the CV of Capello. Let’s not get carried away. 

Exactly 

Dont forget, he had a relegation form 5 months last year and most of the blades started saying he lost plot etc etc. 

Now theyve started again fast and it’ll happen again, no strength in depth no real impact substitutions - they’ll struggle in the second half

Wilder is in a sticky situation - does he put all his eggs in one basket and hope he does business with Blades this year and into next? Or - does he ride the wave of being deemed a ‘top’ manager at the minute and take the next bigger job that comes along - before it comes crashing down and his CV is tainted