Chris Wilder’s post match interview

:Like listening to a 5-year-old telling his dad why they didn't win. They had better boots and kit than us dad it's not fair They get more pocket money than us. The only thing he didn't mention was that we should've had somebody sent off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Players on 40k a week !?  What about Dawson Penney Thorniley and Baker then Chris ? All out of the academy playing there first full seasons at this level ? 

Poweful side ? Have a word with yourself man ... your sheff Utd side is far far better than ours right now and should have won comprehensively last night 

Absolutely spot on, if you average the salaries it's probably very similar

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Forgive me if my fcats are a little out , but- Following Wilders comments (sounded to me more like many Owlstalk posters), I have a couple of questions-1/ Where did his forward substitute, one of his best marksmen /scorers, come from - a certain Leon Clarke ? and ,2/ Doesn't United now have a rather wealthy Arab owner? 

1. Bury

2. Wealthy, yes, but with short arms and long pockets.

Wilder's comments must make Unitedites' discomfort even worse! What a total m@rdy@rse!!!

"Boo Hoo! They played defensive and it's not fair! It's not fair! We coulda won! We shoulda won! Mammy! Tell Them! Make it better!"

Pathetic whining sheeite. Made my night!:biggrin:

Somebody get the poor b@stard a dummy and a teddy bear so he can throw them both out of his pram!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

I don’t think there would be much difference in the fees we paid for players and what they did in the starting lineups. 

Exactly 

Reach and Egan both cost £4/5m each

Apart from that

Dawson- academy 

Baker- academy 

Thorniley- academy 

Lees- free

Hector- loan

Fox- £500k

Penney- academy

Bannan- free

Pelupessy- £800k

Fletcher- free

All our expensive players weren’t playing last night and Wilder knows this, but it gives him a chance to feed his clubs fans the bullsh*t that they moronically lap up

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Exactly 

Reach and Egan both cost £4/5m each

Apart from that

Dawson- academy 

Baker- academy 

Thorniley- academy 

Lees- free

Hector- loan

Fox- £500k

Penney- academy

Bannan- free

Pelupessy- £800k

Fletcher- free

All our expensive players weren’t playing last night and Wilder knows this, but it gives him a chance to feed his clubs fans the bullsh*t that they moronically lap up

It's being spun by them that he was having a dig at their board and not us re. his achievements in relation to investment.

He reminds me of Prince Charles awaiting his coronation in front of an adoring public  but Queen Colin is still wearing the crown.

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’m hoping that we’re in better shape to give them a proper game  at Hillsborough but I won’t hold my breath

I want us to sit back, soak up their marauding play as they pile forward to show us how it's done and then score 5 on the break in the last 20 minutes as they tire and run out of ideas.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

I want us to sit back, soak up their marauding play as they pile forward to show us how it's done and then score 5 on the break in the last 20 minutes as they tire and run out of ideas.

That’d be nice

Ideally id like to see FF curl one in from 30 yards infront of the kop and lift his shirt up to reveal the message ‘that’s what you get for 40 grand’

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

I'm curious, all these 40k a week players we have, are they getting paid in Zimbabwean Dollars cos it's the only way I can see any of them earning 40k a week!

It’ll be 45 grand next week according to Wilder

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Hate with a relish 

I hope you're not bringing Henderson's into disrepute!

Not so sure about relish though, he's got a face that looks more like a jar of Chutney!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

And won promotions with all those clubs on limited resource. I think it’s hard to deny he’s got something, might go on to manage a bigger club.

I would think the scrubbers had the biggest budget the year they went up but he doesn't like to mention it.