Chansiri - In or Out?

Chansiri - In or Out?  

523 members have voted

1. 1. Chansiri - In or Out?

• IN - BACK HIM
    • OUT - New Chairman needed!

8 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

We need his finance, but he needs support and advice, not from us, but from someone who knows how to run a football club. Chansiri in for me, but he needs to take a step back from the firing line and hire the correct people to run the club on his behalf

Did we not appoint a CEO to take over the majority of the day to day running? 

We've got a case of the blind leading the blind, an absolute mess of a situation that was caused by the chairman's own doing, and for the most part, not accepting he should hold the lions share of the blame for that.

When the finances start ruling what happens on the pitch after not being approached correctly, then it's time to admit you aren't up to the job and do what's right for the club. 

The silence from the club is deafening.

I'd like to see him go and somebody come in who knows how to run a football club. He's done some good but the negatives from his reign far outweigh the positives.

However it's not as simple as that obviously. Given his track record of appointing random unknown foreign managers  I dread to think who he'd sell us to.

38 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Did we not appoint a CEO to take over the majority of the day to day running? 

We've got a case of the blind leading the blind, an absolute mess of a situation that was caused by the chairman's own doing, and for the most part, not accepting he should hold the lions share of the blame for that.

When the finances start ruling what happens on the pitch after not being approached correctly, then it's time to admit you aren't up to the job and do what's right for the club. 

The silence from the club is deafening.

We’ve appointed a CEO, but the chairman clearly still has a big hand in all major decisions, my point is he needs to just take a complete back step, let someone come in and run the club for him from ticket pricing to contracts, put his trust in someone and be a silent partner. Whether his ego will allow that who knows but I think it’s the only way we’ll be a successfully run club whilst he’s still in charge 

Edited by Tom22709

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This is true, if he walks away we will be in even bigger trouble.

He has plenty of mistakes and we can't turn back the clock. The contract signings made recently by Joao, Bannan and Penney have been a step in the right direction - at least giving us a sale value if we can't keep them - they could all have walked away for next to nothing at the end of this season.

He has to be able to admit when he is wrong and cut his losses though - he let Carlos stay too long after his head had been turned in the direction of a PL job, he has been stubborn with too many players who we could have got value for and he is now backing Jos to the hilt where the signs are things are not going to get better with him any time soon. The fans aren't always right but they are the mainstay of the club, they, the previous generations and their future generations will be around long before and long after any owner and he can't turn on the fan base for being critical of some of his decision making.

The trouble is the fans all want different things. There are as many opinions as there are fans, all you need to do is read Owlstalk to realise that.

Personally I think DC's heart is in the right place, he's made mistakes but he's new to football. We have an opportunity in the next 2 windows to transform the playing staff. It may take some hard decisions to sell good players to raise money and solve our financial plight but if that is what is needed I'd like to see us do it and start the rebuilding now.

Is DC the Chairman we need? For me the answer is yes.

Is Jos the manager we need? I really don't know, I thought he was doing well until recently but we seem so fragile now. There's none of the grit and determination I expect from a Wednesday team, I can take lack of ability but not lack of fight. Our heads drop when things go wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom22709 said:

We’ve appointed a CEO, but the chairman clearly still has a big hand in all major decisions, my point is he needs to just take a complete back step, let someone come in and run the club for him from ticket pricing to contracts, out his trust in someone and be a silent partner. Whether his ego will allow that who knows but I think it’s the only way we’ll be a successfully run club whilst he’s still in charge 

Agree.

That's what I was alluding to, if he has appointed the CEO to run it day to day, what brief does she have and what authority? 

It's why I think he has to go. Installing a new manager doesn't fix everything that's wrong, short term boost to certain personnel, but then the same issues will surface. 

I genuinely do not believe (based on the last 3 seasons and this) that DC is a capable football chairman. 

Chansiri is the sort of bloke who's going to have to learn by making his own mistakes.

He's too arrogant to take advice, and too stubborn to admit when he's wrong.

A bit like a child who's standing in a puddle and won't admit that it's wet itself.

However, chairmen don't grow on trees, so much as I deplore him, it's IN.

Might shock some, but I voted go.

Just think things are running their course and it's only going to get worse.

If he has a plan, is willing to change then things could be different...but I don't believe he has/is willing...

It's a right mess though and something quite drastic needs to happen, otherwise we are heading only one way. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Unless we know the alternative and the implications of it, people should be careful what they wish for. 

This is very true. 

Could be out of the frying pan and into the fire. 

24 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Don't think it's this simple. The man has tried, but he thinks we owe him something. He has tried to do it his own way and is making a mess of it. He should have people in place who know how to run a football club, because he clearly doesn't. What infuriates me is, when we were knocking on the premier league's door, he was fine talking to the fans and being the poster boy for the club. But when the chips are down, he's gone missing and strikes out at anyone who dares to question his methods.In times of hardship He should be in continuous dialogue with the fans and leading by example, but unfortunately He is proving not to be a very good leader of our club. Ultimately we need him, but he needs to change the way he runs the club, otherwise we are better off without him. Crucial next few weeks, off the pitch especially. 

Spot on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

The trouble is the fans all want different things. There are as many opinions as there are fans, all you need to do is read Owlstalk to realise that.

Personally I think DC's heart is in the right place, he's made mistakes but he's new to football. We have an opportunity in the next 2 windows to transform the playing staff. It may take some hard decisions to sell good players to raise money and solve our financial plight but if that is what is needed I'd like to see us do it and start the rebuilding now.

Is DC the Chairman we need? For me the answer is yes.

Is Jos the manager we need? I really don't know, I thought he was doing well until recently but we seem so fragile now. There's none of the grit and determination I expect from a Wednesday team, I can take lack of ability but not lack of fight. Our heads drop when things go wrong.

True mate yes, there are plenty of differing opinions. I just feel he takes it to heart too much when the fans have a go for not agreeing with some of his decisions. 

As long as supporters are not abusive you can't really blame them for having a go based on what we are witnessing, with the backdrop of being one of the most expensive clubs to support in the division.

He needs to bring in a manager that knows the league till the end of the season.

He also needs to get a director of football that knows English football and give him some good advice.

Think this would go along way to fixing some of the issues.

• Thanks 1

Where do folk think it would get the club if Chansiri did decide to walk (btw absolutely no chance!) because the ‘fans’ wanted him out?  What has Chansiri actually done to warrant such a stupid poll??

if the OP reckoned it be plausible why wasn’t this question asked at the last forum or the forum where Chansiri said we need to get promotion this year or we’re in deep trouble.

Be careful what you wish for 

• Haha 1

He hasn’t a clue about football - He would probably admit that 

He hasn’t a clue about running a football club - I think he’s proved that 

He has put in more money into our club than anyone has in its history and due to giving it to the wrong people most of it has been wasted. 

The decisions made while he’s been in charge have been very poor. From the staff he employs to the general running of the club. 

He seems more lost now than when he first started. 

If he stays in charge I’m not sure if he can turn it round 

If he leaves I don’t know if the club is stable enough to move forward