So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

He's under orders from chairman whatever. 

JL doesn't pick the team. If he does then he's incompetent. The person who picks the team doesn't have a clue about football. That's the owner in a nutshell 

Theres no other team in all four leagues who pay over £10m a year for Premier league players not to play.

Wednesday are run by a ruthless dictator who has an agenda at Wednesday that has nothing to do with football. 

He’s a tool....plain and simple

Edited by cain

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

the 'fond memory' is from 18 months ago, and may have passed his 'sell by date (we could find that out at Christmas), i personally think we'd be better finding that out on the field of play, to either assist the side by picking a better keeper, or cement dawson's claim to the shirt by proving him as the number one.

but the 'known' part of 'known entity' is he's not looking good enough, in a defence that isn't either.

do we have the worst defence in the championship?

how does our keeper compare with the rest of the divisions keepers?

and none of it is 'life and death' it's just football.

My original response that you quoted was to question if your lefe depends on it.... 

Have a peek at the stats for keepers in the league. Dawson’s up there with best in terms of most stats. Unfortunately we invite a huge amount of shots / chances against us though. 

In comparison, 12 months ago Westwood wasn’t doing much better, despite playing behind a better defence and a team conceding fewer shots. A lot changes in 18 months, especially if you’re a player held together by sticky tape. 

I fear Westwood will never be the player of two years or so ago. 

Bringing through the youth is very noble and we may well all end up turning around in a few years and saying what a good job Jos did by instigating such change. 

For me, we've gone from one extreme to the other. 

Blood in a few youngsters with what we have and I think we'd be ok. As it is, we've completely binned off several senior pros and have put ridiculous amounts of pressure on the youngsters. 

I find it a bit bewildering that a Westwood, Hutch are seemingly out of consideration and yet Fox is now back in the fold.

Previously, I was happy to give Jos the benefit of the doubt as I was certain Mr Chansiri was (in part) dictating who could and couldn't be selected. That might be the case and perhaps  today Jos was being the good employee, but, if we take him on what he was saying today (and believe it), then i would have him off for a drugs test. 

I suspect he's on similar to what Chansiri has when he thought this team could get promoted.

7 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

He's under orders from chairman whatever. 

JL doesn't pick the team. If he does then he's incompetent.

Hang on, you just said he didn't pick the team?

The person who picks the team doesn't have a clue about football. That's the owner in a nutshell 

Or is it Jos?

Theres no other team in all four leagues who pay over £10m a year for Premier league players not to play.

I agree we pay silly money to some players. But which ones of them are Premier League players?

Wednesday are run by a ruthless dictator who has an agenda at Wednesday that has nothing to do with football. 

Please reveal to us all what this agenda is because really. I'm dying to know. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vulva said:

20 minutes to go tomorrow, 1-0 up. Norwich getting a grip of midfield.

Who do you want coming on? Shaw, Penney, Kirby, Stobbs or Sam Hutchinson. 

Simple question. These 3 points might keep us up. 

Kirby because we're building for next season. Get with the programme Vulva!! I'm sure what happened against WBA has made a world of difference to him. This time next year first cap nailed on!!

Is Jos saying there is no way he is going to play Westwood, Hutchinson, Abdi, Jones, Boyd etc, in any circumstances? Or is he saying he will play them if they conform to some standard he expects of them in respect of training , discipline or something else?

If it's the former we would be better paying off their contracts and getting them out of the club. It can't be good having a group of disaffected players turning up every day and spreading ill feeling around the place. If they have no future at the club it would be better to clear the decks. Financially it makes no difference we will pay the same amount either way.

If it's the latter maybe at some stage they will conform but I doubt it. With only a few months left on their contracts they might as well just keep taking the money.

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

Is Jos saying there is no way he is going to play Westwood, Hutchinson, Abdi, Jones, Boyd etc, in any circumstances? Or is he saying he will play them if they conform to some standard he expects of them in respect of training , discipline or something else?

If it's the former we would be better paying off their contracts and getting them out of the club. It can't be good having a group of disaffected players turning up every day and spreading ill feeling around the place. If they have no future at the club it would be better to clear the decks. Financially it makes no difference we will pay the same amount either way.

If it's the latter maybe at some stage they will conform but I doubt it. With only a few months left on their contracts they might as well just keep taking the money.

Very good questions. My problem is that despite his fieriness, Westwood was a player I'd want to go see to admire, even more than FF, whose exaggeration of injury was often, and still will look,  false even though he has had his fair share of injustice from referees

I can understand, but don't agree with, people's furore over Westwood not playing. The last time we saw Westwood (which was flippingyonks ago, and well before Luhukay was here) he was deemed one of the best keepers in the division (although clearly deteriorating). But, I recognise than when a player isn't playing, they often get better (in fans eyes), and while ever we continue to concede goals at a rate of knots (despite Dawson not the culprit for that), a call to change the rookie keeper for an experienced keeper will be there. 

Fair enough. But I will say...Kieran Westwood is 34 years old, and hasn't played a competitive game of football for 14 months. What gives fans the confidence (and audacity) to claim that this injury prone, ageing keeper with no recent football will actually improve things? Serious question? Because, I just don't see it. 

Anyway...the rest...Hutchinson seems to have become a world beater over the past few days...quite conveniently after a few losses and a rumoured public outburst. Is this the same Hutchinson whose been a liability for us since the moment he signed? Whether it be injury or discipline? The same Sam Hutchinson who has played three games this season, and two of those games were our amongst the worst of the campaign? He was absolutely woeful at Wigan, and at fault for the goal in a terrible first half display at Brentford.

It's honestly no wonder Luhukay doesn't play him. He's another who simply hasn't been fit enough or good enough. Surely it's these type of players the club needs to get rid of. 

And as for Boyd, Abdi and Jones...don't get me started. This forum has been nothing but scandelously critical of these three players. Boyd has looked liked he's towing a caravan since the moment he signed, and put in the most inept display of the season in the cup game at Sunderland. Abdi is, without been too harsh, a complete waste of space. Both Boyd and Abdi are paid an absolute fortune, and simply haven't been fit enough nor good enough. 

Jones, I actually feel could play a role in this team, but this forum, in the past, have given him nothing but dog's abuse. Why all of a sudden is he the saviour?

But these five players all have a common trend...they are paid a fortune, and haven't either been reliable enough, fit enough or good enough (all a combination of the three). Instead of aiming all your anger at a manager having to manage the situation, perhaps consider what these players would actually contribute. And if recent history is to go by...the answer is not a lot. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

I agree with Abdi been left out completely as he's just a waste of space

but the others should always be in the squad, I'd actually start Westwood, Boyd & Hutch tomorrow

What if he had a spate of injuries ? 

We don't have the quality in depth to be competitive.

If he's come out and said that they're done, he's a fool. 

Then again I've thought he's not playing with a full deck since Bristol away last season.

43 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I was asked who I’d choose if my life depended on it. I’d not choose Westwood. I don’t know if he can get through 90 mins of championship football, let alone play to the standards he was once able to. 

So i put it back to you. Would you bet your life on a known entity or a fond memory. 

I certainly wouldn’t pick the keeper who’s got the second highest goal conceded in the division. 

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I can understand, but don't agree with, people's furore over Westwood not playing. The last time we saw Westwood (which was flippingyonks ago, and well before Luhukay was here) he was deemed one of the best keepers in the division (although clearly deteriorating). But, I recognise than when a player isn't playing, they often get better (in fans eyes), and while ever we continue to concede goals at a rate of knots (despite Dawson not the culprit for that), a call to change the rookie keeper for an experienced keeper will be there. 

Fair enough. But I will say...Kieran Westwood is 34 years old, and hasn't played a competitive game of football for 14 months. What gives fans the confidence (and audacity) to claim that this injury prone, ageing keeper with no recent football will actually improve things? Serious question? Because, I just don't see it. 

Anyway...the rest...Hutchinson seems to have become a world beater over the past few days...quite conveniently after a few losses and a rumoured public outburst. Is this the same Hutchinson whose been a liability for us since the moment he signed? Whether it be injury or discipline? The same Sam Hutchinson who has played three games this season, and two of those games were our amongst the worst of the campaign? He was absolutely woeful at Wigan, and at fault for the goal in a terrible first half display at Brentford.

It's honestly no wonder Luhukay doesn't play him. He's another who simply hasn't been fit enough or good enough. Surely it's these type of players the club needs to get rid of. 

And as for Boyd, Abdi and Jones...don't get me started. This forum has been nothing but scandelously critical of these three players. Boyd has looked liked he's towing a caravan since the moment he signed, and put in the most inept display of the season in the cup game at Sunderland. Abdi is, without been too harsh, a complete waste of space. Both Boyd and Abdi are paid an absolute fortune, and simply haven't been fit enough nor good enough. 

Jones, I actually feel could play a role in this team, but this forum, in the past, have given him nothing but dog's abuse. Why all of a sudden is he the saviour?

But these five players all have a common trend...they are paid a fortune, and haven't either been reliable enough, fit enough or good enough (all a combination of the three). Instead of aiming all your anger at a manager having to manage the situation, perhaps consider what these players would actually contribute. And if recent history is to go by...the answer is not a lot. 

Your sense, logic and way with words is wasted here. Top post!!! 

• Thanks 1

If Jos it still here next season he is going to have one hell of a rebuilding job on his hands. He has had next to no funds to bring players in so far but haven’t been massively impressed with JO and Pessy, Hector has looked good though. I don’t know if Jos is the man to take is forward, his tactics and decisions at the minute are baffling at times. 

Just now, kingsidney said:

I certainly wouldn’t pick the keeper who’s got the second highest goal conceded in the division. 

So who would you pick? A player you’ve not seen play football in over a year? 

I lack your faith, let’s see who Westwood goes to next and how he fairs. I’m predicting he’s the GK equivalent of Lewis Mcgugan. 

6 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

People's memory is very short, and football fans have an even shorter memory.