So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

Jos confirms that Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi and Boyd not being included for footballing reasons and nothing else. No fall out, no contractual issues, nothing from the chairman.  

He also confirmed injuries now only affecting about 3 players. 

So for me, he now gets judged on these decisions, results and performances, pure and simple. No more hiding behind the rumours of 'what if Westwood/Hutchinson's had a huge fall out, spat his dummy out etc' 

And on that basis, to not select any of the above players on that bench vs Birmingham, for footballing reasons, in my opinion is a disgrace and he's on borrowed time.  

Bring on the 9th. UTO. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some of those players have hardly pulled up any trees and I understand wanting to bring youth through. But to put completely inexperienced youngsters who have barely, if ever, played a game of first team football on the bench ahead of such a wealth of experience is simply insane. 

• Like 2

Absolutely

Had enough of this ‘hands tied behind his back’ stuff now 

He’s labelled 3 ongoing injuries at the club, that’s what you’ll get at most clubs 

So the 3 is hooper, Winnall, FF? What about Matias? That would be 4, 5 if you include Lee 

Edited by FreshOwl

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Absolutely

Had enough of this ‘hands tied behind his back’ stuff now 

He’s labelled 3 ongoing injuries at the club, that’s what you’ll get at most clubs 

So the 3 us hooper, Winnall, FF? What about Matias? That would be 4, 5 if you include Lee 

Yep if they are the only injuries then no excuses. We have a good if unbalanced squad and there is no reason why we shouldn't be winning more than we are losing. We should be comfortably top half with the players available.

So in the West Brom game for example he thought bringing Kirby on would be a better option than bringing Hutch on to help defend our lead?

And he thinks having Wildsmith on the bench who has recently made a few errors in U23 matches is a better option than the proven international goal keeper we have on our books?

Those 2 examples alone in my opinion show that either Luhukay is playing us all for fools expecting us to believe such rubbish or he genuinely hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing with his team selections.

Either way it ain’t great.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

On the plus side, despite the last 3 games.

It's nice to see us compete in the 2nd half, rather than being unable to get out of our own half, which happened regular last year

I love paying my £30+per match for the team to be bothered about competing in the 2nd half. Really warms my heart! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

We all knew what the score is but whatever the club says some people won’t accept it. Therefore the only reason why people keep dragging it up is to try and antagonise people and you have to ask why that is 

People keep saying this “ we all know what’s going on”

But we don’t do we? No one has the foggiest 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

We all knew what the score is but whatever the club says some people won’t accept it. Therefore the only reason why people keep dragging it up is to try and antagonise people and you have to ask why that is 

Yeah because having players from the under 18s like Isaac Rice and Liam Shaw is definitely better than Sam Hutchinson. I'm not entertaining any conspiracies but those sorts of decisions alone aren't surprising when you're talking about the 2nd worst defence in the league and 16 games with no clean sheet. Cheers Jos for that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

People keep saying this “ we all know what’s going on”

But we don’t do we? No one has the foggiest 

Well he's come out and said it's definitely nothing to do with contracts. Definitely nothing to do with the Chairman telling who he can pick and that is about wanting players who are available to train every session and be available for every match.

We might not agree.

But I don't think he can be much clearer on it. 

He wants young, fit,  healthy players who are physically and mentally available to train every week and play every week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I love paying my £30+per match for the team to be bothered about competing in the 2nd half. Really warms my heart! 

They're able to now pal.

With Rhodes, Wallace, Loovens, Pudil, Westwood, Boyd, Jones etc......we might aswell not have turned up last season.

Point being. We needed this transition

• Like 1