So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

I just find it all baffling.  

Freezing that many players out is certainly having a negative effect on the rest of the team.  Case in point, the whole Westwood fiasco has put much more pressure on Dawson to succeed. 

Having disgruntled players on the sidelines won't help us one bit imo.  

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

So in the West Brom game for example he thought bringing Kirby on would be a better option than bringing Hutch on to help defend our lead?

And he thinks having Wildsmith on the bench who has recently made a few errors in U23 matches is a better option than the proven international goal keeper we have on our books?

Those 2 examples alone in my opinion show that either Luhukay is playing us all for fools expecting us to believe such rubbish or he genuinely hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing with his team selections.

Either way it ain’t great.

It was only a few weeks ago that you and the rest of the manic depressives were calling for Wildsmith to be included in the first XI 

35 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If any of the players mentioned had 10% of the ability of Paul McGrath then you might have a point and that, I'm afraid, just about sums up the problem with both the players being spoken about and the ones screaming for their unconditional inclusion.

Well I think Hutchinson is a very good player. I’m not going to compare him to McGrath as a footballer as that comparison is not relevant.

The question is whether he and some of the other excluded players are better options than those either in the Xi or on the bench. If the answer is yes (and I believe it is) then he and one or two others should be in the squad.

19 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The evidence is from the player himself to somewhat stupidly bemoan the decision not to play him.  

Like I said, people have made up their minds and see what they want to see.

The point still stands.

At no point has anyone at the club (player, Manager or chairman) stated that certain players have been choosing when they do and don’t train and play.

You have said this is a fact but inspite of my numerous requests you have failed to provide 1 piece of evidence to back up your claim, not 1 single quote saying that this is the case.

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

I agree with Abdi been left out completely as he's just a waste of space

but the others should always be in the squad, I'd actually start Westwood, Boyd & Hutch tomorrow

Got to start Hutch IMO to give us the bite in midfield and Westwood, given CDs questionable form.

Boyd, not so sure. Always looks disinterested to me.

Borrowed time. Ultimately you live and die based on your results 

Fans wouldn’t want youngsters being brought through, if there was a consequence of relegation 

Cherry pick and include the youngsters here and there, not put 4/5 in the starting 11 and flood the bench with them 

There’s a way of doing it effectively, and I don’t think Jos has done that. Someone arguably could come in and make a better fist of it 

Couple that with the 3 a game we’re conceding, he doesn’t have a strong case at the moment 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, vulva said:

20 minutes to go tomorrow, 1-0 up. Norwich getting a grip of midfield.

Who do you want coming on? Shaw, Penney, Kirby, Stobbs or Sam Hutchinson. 

Simple question. These 3 points might keep us up. 

In a nutshell , and no amount of pontificating about the "future" can disguise the fact that everyone knows which decision would be the right one.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Borrowed time. Ultimately you live and die based on your results 

Fans wouldn’t want youngsters being brought through, if there was a consequence of relegation 

Cherry pick and include the youngsters here and there, not put 4/5 in the starting 11 and flood the bench with them 

There’s a way of doing it effectively, and I don’t think Jos has done that. Someone arguably could come in and make a better fist of it 

Couple that with the 3 a game we’re conceding, he doesn’t have a good case 

Absolutely this................continually picking them at the moment could do them more harm than good.

You would think with the amount of players this season that have got injured in training, not training in every session would not be a bad thing.

But don't worry I am sure when Westwood does finally leave us for a team that want him he will show just how past it he is.

Edited by room0035