We all need to admit it

58 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The reason we are losing are sh*t after a defeat is because the Blades are above us and doing pretty well.

Lets all face it. If they were still in League One or mid table like us we would all be more accepting of the state we are in. The club needs rebuilding and that process has just begun. I think overall most would be generally quite content with how we're doing considering all the crap that's gone on behind the scenes and with injuries. But them lot look dangerous and we can't take it. I'll be first to admit it's winding me up.

Its creating a tension and adding an extra pressure for the team to get results, when quite clearly our group of players are not good enough for a promotion push. They've got under our skin. Fair play to them. I still think they'll drop off but next Friday is one I'm not particularly looking forward to.

lol

But United have an exceptional manager, we don't.

Under anyone else there's no way they'd be where they are.

United are outperforming teams with much better players than them, and there isn't a manager in the land getting better results with the players he has than is Pep.

And not only is Wilder an exceptional manager, but nobody else outside of this city seems to realize it.

To date, only Sunderland in the 3rd have shown any firm interest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Disagree.

It's not how good we are relative to the pigs.

It's how good we are relative to how good we should be with that set of players.

This set of players?

I'd say we are doing better than expected with this set of players.

Dawson - 1st season as first choice

Pudil - Past his best but ok

Hector - merely a promising loanee

Fox - Who noone knew why we bought

Baker - A youth player in 1st season.

Joey - Inexperienced and learning.

Bannan - Only high quality n experience

Onamah - A young loanee with promise

Reach - Progressing 

João - A Fairweather footballer

Nuhui - Legacy from poorer days

How anyone can look at what we started with tonight or all season and think we should pi55 the league against teams with much better squads and funds is beyond me. Westwood for Dawson would make no difference. Jones or Boyd for anyone would make negligable difference either way.

Lowest spend in summer out of all teams perhaps bar 1 or 2. Longest injury list in both number and time out.

Our chance was 3 and 2 seasons ago, won't get a better opportunity for at least another 5.

That isn't the current incumbents fault and I'd say all we really need to do for now is avoid getting relegated so we can start again with a more sustainable strategy, assuming our main man has learnt something.

If we can all come to terms with the disappointment of having our hopes dashed twice and accept we have to start again it will make this season and seasons to come a lot easier. If we start putting pressure on the man with his hands tied he will walk and much of the hard work he's done with the youth will be lost.

Just because Chansiri has indirectly passed the buck by saying we have to get promoted doesn't mean we ought to. We need a miracle to do that this season, we always did but it sure as hell isn't Jos fault.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Soul said:

I never ever consider the blunts position. It’s always  irrelevant as Man City or Newport to me .. our neighbors are just that ! Nothing more

Do you live in Sheffield.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

We are one of a whole bunch of average clubs in this division. I expect we will have similar numbers of wins, draws and defeats across the season. That we have previously quiet posters suddenly trying to convince us we are once again on the edge of oblivion just two games after we were in a playoff position says much more about their psychology than it does the actual situation we are in.

With skybet we’re 50-1 to be promoted and 8-1 to be relegated. 

The bookies rate us as the 8th worst side in this league. Are they affected by this psychology aswell?

Serious question to all the people who have negged, are you happy with the running of the club, are you happy with the direction the club is heading, are you happy with paying top end prices, are you happy you were lied to, are you happy you were taken for a ride, are any of you the usual clapping seals who attend the stearing group meetings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Serious question to all the people who have negged, are you happy with the running of the club, are you happy with the direction the club is heading, are you happy with paying top end prices, are you happy you were lied to, are you happy you were taken for a ride, are any of you the usual clapping seals who attend the stearing group meetings.

Sorry, just realised I'd posted this in the wrong thread.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The reason we are losing are sh*t after a defeat is because the Blades are above us and doing pretty well.

Lets all face it. If they were still in League One or mid table like us we would all be more accepting of the state we are in. The club needs rebuilding and that process has just begun. I think overall most would be generally quite content with how we're doing considering all the crap that's gone on behind the scenes and with injuries. But them lot look dangerous and we can't take it. I'll be first to admit it's winding me up.

Its creating a tension and adding an extra pressure for the team to get results, when quite clearly our group of players are not good enough for a promotion push. They've got under our skin. Fair play to them. I still think they'll drop off but next Friday is one I'm not particularly looking forward to.

lol

Might be for some but I prefer to concentrate on us. The frustration comes down to the fact we have a relatively young and inconsistent side which won’t give us much consistency. Results like tonight will come and positive shock results will too.

there are worse sides than us in this league and also better, such as Boro. 

6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

We are one of a whole bunch of average clubs in this division. I expect we will have similar numbers of wins, draws and defeats across the season. That we have previously quiet posters suddenly trying to convince us we are once again on the edge of oblivion just two games after we were in a playoff position says much more about their psychology than it does the actual situation we are in.

Great post. 

8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

I rarely think about them.

I'm more concerned why we are so abject. 

I don't rate the manager, don't trust the chairman and dont see anything but mediocrity under their tenure.

We have 2 or 3 assets, one of our current best players is on loan. A couple of players who could make a difference are frozen out and it's all very well persevering with youth, but what will it be doing for their morale. 

Dawson is getting pelted regularly because he's playing the way his manager tells him. Same with Lees and they are not up to it, and it's starting to show.

Up front we are toothless and once the goals from outside the box dry up we're screwed.

2 weeks ago people we're wondering why the bookies don't consider us for promotion. 2 games later it's fairly obvious.

6 hours ago, Maxine said:

Do you live in Sheffield.

For over 30 years I lived in the city. Now I spilt my time between here and Ibiza .

However I’m not sure why you ask. 

Last year I took a day off work to see us play the blunts cause the derby matches are huge 

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

Personally couldnt give two hoots what utd are doing. Dont think about them. Dont care if they win or lose.

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

I expected better from you, but thanks for the giggle. I’ve been around a long time, I just refuse to rise, I’ve seen it all before. I think people have to a good long hard look at themselves. You know, arguing about nothing with people you don’t even know or have anything in common with, except maybe the odd few people. Nobody is ever going to change their opinion, so what’s the point?

9 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

We will be taught a lesson on the pitch and behind the scenes on how to build a football team on meagre resources...

Yes a reyt lesson ,spend 6 years in the 3rd division, stumble from one bad manager to another ,that's the way it should be done !

Only thing they have done right is stumble on a very good manager

I hope the players have more ba11s than some on here when it comes to the derby

Ps how is the ownership court battle progressing ?

9 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

It is actually causing me anxiety and depression seeing them dicks at the top of the tree...seeing fat Billy Sharp always scoring...always getting penalties always getting last minute winners...and to top it off fat wilder tugging himself off after every game on how they have dominated everyone and everything...and would you know it boz eyed Clark is now of the mark just at the right time..

Can't flipping right this poo at the moment 

The reason they get penalties and late winners is probably because they go forward and get the ball in the box 

We on the other hand are as dull as dishwasher ,very rarely stretch the opposition, and create very few penalty area incidents 

And this has been the case for a couple of years 

8 hours ago, nilsson said:

With skybet we’re 50-1 to be promoted and 8-1 to be relegated. 

The bookies rate us as the 8th worst side in this league. Are they affected by this psychology aswell?

The odds are partially dictated by the patterns of betting, not necessarily their analysis of the merits of the teams involved. And anyway, that's only slightly worse than many posters believe is our realistic level. It's only those who harbour fantasies of us being a promotion prospect that find this so alarming.