We all need to admit it

53 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m only repeating a quote made by our chairman, a quote I’m sure he made whilst being fully aware of who was and wasn’t out of contract in the Summer.

The high earners out of contract next summer is a good thing

However it won't even touch the sides regarding our FFP/ P and S problem

Hard times ahead I'm afraid.

21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The reason we are losing are sh*t after a defeat is because the Blades are above us and doing pretty well.

Lets all face it. If they were still in League One or mid table like us we would all be more accepting of the state we are in. The club needs rebuilding and that process has just begun. I think overall most would be generally quite content with how we're doing considering all the crap that's gone on behind the scenes and with injuries. But them lot look dangerous and we can't take it. I'll be first to admit it's winding me up.

Its creating a tension and adding an extra pressure for the team to get results, when quite clearly our group of players are not good enough for a promotion push. They've got under our skin. Fair play to them. I still think they'll drop off but next Friday is one I'm not particularly looking forward to.

lol

Speak for yourself. I have never cared how SUFC are performing. My deep concern is because we have yet to play well at home this season. And away we’ve had a couple of hard working wins but by and large that’s been dross as well. I never expected anything from this season I would however like to see some coherent entertaining football. Instead we back teams hand them the initiative and then can’t keep possession when we do get it.

Sorry mate but to think that the rebuilding process has just begun is a tad over generous. We’ve been ‘rebuilding’ ever since we dropped out of the Premier League. How much longer do we need to wait to get a management /coaching team with EFL experience ready to invest in quality footballers. 

I live in hope!!!WTF:

22 hours ago, Beholder said:

Disagree.

It's not how good we are relative to the pigs.

It's how good we are relative to how good we should be with that set of players.

We took for granted the back 5 (Westwood included) SG built, Marshalled and drilled into a cohesive clean sheet machine for 2 seasons, Carlos added fire power which took us close, to promotion, but never really improved that area of the team and it deteriorated. 

My point from an engineers perspective is a simple one which applies to almost everything. You build upon on a solid platform, which in football is your defence, here in lies our problem, I'm not going to slate the young lads,Dawson, Thorniley, penney or Baker as they have come in and been a breath of energy and done by large a pretty good job. 

The problem we have is we miss that leadership, organisation, that they need around them to help them when they need it or dig them out of a mistake and this is what is invariably costing us at the moment, those mistakes are being punished, add that the senior pros are also making these costly clangers too and there's No solid Platform to build upon, some on here are saying we're good up top to attack, attack, attack and out score the opposition, but sometimes you need to grind out results and when your always leaking at least a goal a game it makes it very hard to do that.