We all need to admit it

32 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Complete hyperbole

It's not though is it. It's not at all. 

The stats have been done to death on here. When Bannan plays we show good form. When we he doesn't it's relegation form. Man mark Bannan when he plays and we struggle. Forest and Boro perfect case in point. They man marked him out of the game. Bannan admitted it himself after the Forest defeat. When he's injured or not on it we are average. He is the start of everything positive we have going forward. The anomalye being West Brom at home where we still drew the game.

Dawson? Not kept a cleansheet, young inexperienced and struggles to deal with crosses and corners.

Baker? Inexperienced full back thrown into first team football, who is trying his best but clearly not quite ready,

Hector? Good signing and looks solid but was at fault for two of the goals last night despite a good performance I thought.

Pudil? Decent enough works hard but retired full back seeing out his career at centre back because his legs have gone.

Fox? League One player at best. Simply not good enough.

Bannan? Best player. He would walk into most sides at this level.

Pelupessy? Trier and can put a tackle in, but limited in ability and still trying to get up to speed at this level.

Onomah? Promising Prem loanee, that's about it so far.

Reach? Scoring some absolute screamers which have masked the fact we've actually been fortunate to get points out of certain games. Good player but still we don't play to his strengths.

Joao? Inconsistent. No different to when we had Leon Clarke and Akpo Sodje all those years back. Decides when he wants to play.

Nuhiu? Crap end of.

That side that played last night is mid table/bottom half, take away Bannan it is screwed, take away Reach and his ability from long rage it is relegation fodder. Add a few on the injured players back in might be able to push for a play off spot, but the lack of pace and poor defensive options means it will never get us out of this division. 

And  before you add Fletcher and Lees as your argument, both average Champ players who's best days are behind them. 

This post is not criticising the players. They try their best i believe. But a wee wee poor recruitment policy has stopped this side from kicking on. The opportunity to take Sheffield Wednesday to the next level was there for all to see, instead the powers that be took it backwards.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The catastrophe will come in the summer when we encounter the big financial problems that staying in this division will deliver.

Quite possibly, but it's no use employing that as some kind of justification for demanding what we are not capable of this season.

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The catastrophe will come in the summer when we encounter the big financial problems that staying in this division will deliver.

You do realise we have half a team out of contract next summer? 

41 minutes ago, Maxine said:

It's  just harder for people who have to see their smug faces and hear the crap they come out with on a daily basis.

work is very hard when they are above us. 

And because you said you don't care where they are in the league I presumed you maybe didn't see them every day.

it is unbearable. 

Their team maybe doing better than ours currently but for sure the club is inferior to us and always will be. That alone is enough for me not to worry about whatever they are doing.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You do realise we have half a team out of contract next summer? 

Although this is good news, we don't know what sanctions the EFL will impose on us. Our losses for this past year will be published before those players are out of contract. 

If so we will be going with the squad we have now, the deadwood would be gone but we won't be able to sign any players. Unless Rhodes keeps scoring for Norwich and they buy him for a big fee.

The key is to sell Reach in January.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

18 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

Their team maybe doing better than ours currently but for sure the club is inferior to us and always will be. That alone is enough for me not to worry about whatever they are doing.

I worry because the Derby is coming up. 

42 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not selling a player/s for an amount/s that will enable us to avoid further sanctions will be the catastrophe as opposed to whether we get promoted or not. Which is good, because we clearly are not getting promoted.

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Nope I reckon 10th to 15th.

We still have some good players in there, some are struggling a bit like Baker and only Fox isn't Championship standard.

Nuhui is championship standard ? Reight ok 

17 hours ago, Watto said:

Bang on the money that for me.

It's killing me seeing them near enough top of the league whilst we struggle to remain in mid table and all the time the gap will widen like last season, it's sad but true.

Big difference is they are being run correctly and have a manager who knows how to motivate a team and get the very best out of an ordinary set of players 

I agree that they’ve got a good manager who may one day become a great manager for them if they can keep him, but to say they’re being run correctly is way wide of the mark I think. I reckon their owners are just a pair of charlatans out for what they can get, too involved in they’re own personal dispute now to run their club properly and give him decent backing. 

Hopefully for us Wilder will see the light and move on, but either way I think they could be clear at the top in January and they still wouldn’t back him.

Edited by Growl67

17 hours ago, Beholder said:

If you look at QPR, they are not a better team than us. But we made them look better. A lot better.

We do that regularly.

I don't buy this poor players argument.

They aren't poor payers. But they are playing like they don't know each other. 

I’d differ a bit having watched last night’s game albeit on television. 

I think QPR were a far better team than us even though we’ve got better players. We don’t seem to constantly play like a team that’s seriously looking to win games from the off, that seems to be the problem. I dont know if that’s down to the manager, players or because we’ve got a poor mix of players but the whole is definitely worse than the parts in our case, but I suppose with United, it’s the polar opposite.

19 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Wilder is one of the best motivators around, light years ahead of Jos but we are where we are.

It is annoying seeing their average side constantly in games even if they narrowly lose. It doesn't help but we gloated at getting to Wembley when we were on a high and now it's their turn.

I've never cared what division they were in, all I know is it's more fun when we're the same division.

6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Quite possibly, but it's no use employing that as some kind of justification for demanding what we are not capable of this season.

That all depends on what you think the players we have are capable of.

I look at some of the clubs above us in the top 6 and I think we have players that plenty of them would like in their own sides such as Reach, Bannan, Hutchinson, Forestieri, Fletcher, Joao, Westwood, Hector, Onamah just off the top of my head.

All about opinions I suppose and I think with the players available the manager is currently under performing.