We all need to admit it

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The odds are partially dictated by the patterns of betting, not necessarily their analysis of the merits of the teams involved. And anyway, that's only slightly worse than many posters believe is our realistic level. It's only those who harbour fantasies of us being a promotion prospect that find this so alarming.

There’ll be some analysis when odds are compiled. They’ll look at the stats from the previous games and who we’ve actually beaten.

The bookmakers think we are poor this year and the odds reflect that.

The pigs never cross my mind as i watch Dawson roll the ball out to Lees who squares it across our back line to Hector who passes it back to Lees who looks up to find Bannan marked so kicks it back to Dawson who hoofs it 50 yards to the opposition player who bursts forward at pace and our defenders back off.

I look up to see what our manager makes of this but see no sign of life, so look back to watch the same move repeated over and over again.

While all this is going on im still not thinking about the pigs im thinking who would be daft enough to pay the highest ticket prices in the league to watch this rubbish???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

The highest we'll be all season !

So our collection of the inexperienced, injured, inconsistent, invisible and mediocre which we can't afford to improve aren't one of the best teams in the division?

Well, that comes as a major shock to me.

:dry:

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, markowl said:

What did you honestly expect when the season started?

About 15th -18th , it's not me that expects top 6 but what I do expect is for the club to be run professionally and for the players to give their all in every game.

12 hours ago, Beholder said:

Disagree.

It's not how good we are relative to the pigs.

It's how good we are relative to how good we should be with that set of players.

Agree 100%

What the pigs have to do with us being terrible i have no idea at all!!

It’s funny how most expect us around mid table or lower mid table, than when we lose it’s because the players didn’t try hard enough lol 

supoorting a team of very average players you have to accept defeats now and again. It’s using your common sense and looking at the situation objectively 

3 hours ago, Mr Soul said:

For over 30 years I lived in the city. Now I spilt my time between here and Ibiza .

However I’m not sure why you ask. 

Last year I took a day off work to see us play the blunts cause the derby matches are huge 

It's  just harder for people who have to see their smug faces and hear the crap they come out with on a daily basis.

work is very hard when they are above us. 

And because you said you don't care where they are in the league I presumed you maybe didn't see them every day.

it is unbearable. 

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disagree.

Take Bannan and Reach out of that eleven tonight it's bang average if not relegation material.

Add FF, Hooper and Lee into it I would argue it's a good Champ side but still a way off promotion. 

I still think people hark back to the Wembley side and cling onto that season and how close we got. The players we had back then are past it, crocked or gone. That team is 3 years older. We've stood still, the competition has moved on. 

We we a mid table side. Admittedly with the money we've had that's criminal, but the fact is we've had a nightmare since 2016 and we are where we are. People need to stop kidding themselves. Take away a few Reach wonderstrikes and an on form Barry Bannan we are poor.

Complete hyperbole

13 hours ago, Beholder said:

Disagree.

It's not how good we are relative to the pigs.

It's how good we are relative to how good we should be with that set of players.

Bang on.

This is season we have had Westwood, Hector, Onamah, Bannan, Hutchinson, Reach, Forestieri, Bannan, Fletcher and Joao all available for lengthy periods so far and we should not be losing matches in the manner that we have lost some of the games we have so far (Forest, Brentford, Wigan and QPR spring to mind). We should not be making over 500 passes in a match with only 88 of them coming in the final 3rd (as happened last night) and we should be offering far more of a cutting edge than we currently are.

Without a doubt Jos Luhukay is not getting the best out of the players he has.

The pigs doing well isn't helping things but my main reason for worrying is what Dejphon Chansiri said at the fans forum in August... if we don't go up this year we will have big financial problems. 

Anything with regards to the scrubbers across the city pales into insignificance at the side of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Complete hyperbole

I don’t think it is. If you were to take out Bannan, who would get on the ball and dictate our whole play, the link between defence and midfield would vanish. Without reach we don’t score many and don’t have anyone assisting 

We’d be bottom six without question 

Guest LittleG
13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The reason we are losing are sh*t after a defeat is because the Blades are above us and doing pretty well.

Lets all face it. If they were still in League One or mid table like us we would all be more accepting of the state we are in. The club needs rebuilding and that process has just begun. I think overall most would be generally quite content with how we're doing considering all the crap that's gone on behind the scenes and with injuries. But them lot look dangerous and we can't take it. I'll be first to admit it's winding me up.

Its creating a tension and adding an extra pressure for the team to get results, when quite clearly our group of players are not good enough for a promotion push. They've got under our skin. Fair play to them. I still think they'll drop off but next Friday is one I'm not particularly looking forward to.

lol

Sorry but disagree totally. My only concern is our results and performance. 

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

...we should not be losing matches in the manner that we have lost some of the games we have so far (Forest, Brentford, Wigan and QPR spring to mind).

That's all of our league defeats except one. I'd suggest that 5 defeats out of 14 league games isn't that bad overall given the prevailing circumstances. It certainly isn't the catastrophe that some lunatics are trying to convince us we are on the verge of. 

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That's all of our league defeats except one. I'd suggest that 5 defeats out of 14 league games isn't that bad overall given the prevailing circumstances. It certainly isn't the catastrophe that some lunatics are trying to convince us we are on the verge of. 

The catastrophe will come in the summer when we encounter the big financial problems that staying in this division will deliver.

22 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t think it is. If you were to take out Bannan, who would get on the ball and dictate our whole play, the link between defence and midfield would vanish. Without reach we don’t score many and don’t have anyone assisting 

We’d be bottom six without question 

Nope I reckon 10th to 15th.

We still have some good players in there, some are struggling a bit like Baker and only Fox isn't Championship standard.