Big Mick Now !!!!!

If the only manager you can hope to have is Mick Mcarthy you must be his agent. I happy with Jos but if he did go we should wish for a much better manager appointed than Mcarthy. His teams play dire football. Jos will sort the team out, all was well before the international break. A few good results will put us back up the table. 

• Haha 1

I've got nothing against Mick at all, but Jos has done nothing wrong in my opinion. The bloke has got no money to spend & has inherited a bunch of Crocks!! If anything I think he's working wonders with what he's got at his disposal, we should all just get behind the lads, if we finish mid table it would be an achievement that most wouldn't be able to accomplish, Up The Owls!!!

Just now, Mat-Owl said:

I've got nothing against Mick at all, but Jos has done nothing wrong in my opinion. The bloke has got no money to spend & has inherited a bunch of Crocks!! If anything I think he's working wonders with what he's got at his disposal, we should all just get behind the lads, if we finish mid table it would be an achievement that most wouldn't be able to accomplish, Up The Owls!!!

I admit he’s done nothing wrong...but it’s his motivational qualities that worry me ... we need a manager to man manager and motivate the squad.. I personally think jos can’t do it.....

6 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

I admit he’s done nothing wrong...but it’s his motivational qualities that worry me ... we need a manager to man manager and motivate the squad.. I personally think jos can’t do it.....

Have to agree with that. We only have to look across the city on how man effective man management is productive with an average squad of players. We need our own CW even though he is a spitefull arrogant t**t.

9 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Sooner Megson than McCarthy,least he bleeds Wednesday,but neither would be better,Nigel Pearson,without his marbles,is 10X the manager either of them will ever be and would have this club in the prem and make it a force,under any restrictions,the bloke knows how to win games of football against whoever,hed be Wednsdays wilder just at a higher level then that tugger

is this the nigel pearson who's present club are bottom of the Belgium 2nd division …….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/10/2018 at 21:38, Hughdowd said:

I was laughed at earlier in the season ........ this clown will take us down... Mick McCarthy sort us out ....gutless pathetic spineless squad of players

When he comes and doesn't work out who then Bruce ?

Lots on here were all for getting Paul Hurst in in the summer wonder why thats gone quiet 

• Thanks 1

Their was a lot on here wanting Paul Hurst last season, he's just been sacked by Ipswich after just one win. 

Reading about his recruitments he brought some players in from league one who couldn't get in teams in that league.

Shows what some of us know.

8 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

The problems are much deeper than the manager.

Quite staggering really. Small countries have revolutions and stabilise in shorter timeframes than Wednesday trying to become a business that works. Gone on for years. The ineptitude is blinding. I look at Burnley and can only dream of us operating that way. They actually have plans born up by people who can think and then they implement them. People who can think strategically and seem to know what they are doing. We just seem to get fuckwits all the time.

5 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

The problems are much deeper than the manager.

Exactly this, the least of our problems really. Financial rules, problems behind the scenes, inflated wage bill, a horribly unbalanced squad etc etc are the bigger worries. Sacking Jos wouldn't make any difference at the moment.

McCarthy would have been great years ago when we had weak squads in this league, those seasons when we were battling to survive he'd have been ideal for getting us safely to mid table.

Mid table is what we are currently, and with threads like this it appears that isn't good enough for many fans. For that reason I don't see Big Mick being the answer.

On 24/10/2018 at 09:05, Blue and white said:

Not according to some of our fans, to them he is the dogsbollocks and they won't have a word said wrong against him.

These are the same fans who in a former life stood on the deck of the titanic and clapped whilst it sank.

They survived the sinking and living to a good age. Got to have something about them.

14 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

If the only manager you can hope to have is Mick Mcarthy you must be his agent. I happy with Jos but if he did go we should wish for a much better manager appointed than Mcarthy. His teams play dire football. Jos will sort the team out, all was well before the international break. A few good results will put us back up the table. 

you and others go on and on about micks dire football ,I don't get it ,he plays a simple style of football whats effective ,all this sideways playing out from back crap he wont do ,he also gets the best out of what he has a  bit like what  Warnock does. we wont have any money for 2 years and he has worked on peanuts for years at Ipswich ,he has many contacts and no1 but no1 knows the championship better , forget bruce he needs 20-30 million and even then cant get a team over the line(villa) if anyone has a better name than McCarthy what is realistic regards our money situation im all ears . some wanted hurst that worked well for Ipswich didn't it. 

• Thanks 1