Big Mick Now !!!!!

22 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

On merit !!!... apart from the villa game ...our performances have been awful.....it’s not exciting direct football...

How else did we get there then?

So not only have we got to get points we've got to play exciting direct football.

Wrong country for Barcelona mate, it's a couple down from here

9 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He failed at Ipswich under similar circumstances, played terrible football and the fans loathed him.  

Doesn't sound like the answer to me. 

With a wage bill a quater of ours and never below mid table ,a proven championship manager many contacts ,will get defence organisied ,will have to work on a shoestring ,will get westwood boyd hutchinson playing who are fully fit and make the most of what we have ,will get in 2-3 loans in jan .will play a system what players understand ,make subs what make sense and not 75 80 mins when 2-0 down 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

But jos will ????

I never said that. I've not been convinced by Jos since we signed him but thought that at the back end of last season he had found a system but seems to have given up on that idea.  This season to get in the top six with the threadbare squad is no mean achievement and again we have been badly hit by injuries.  I'm not one for sacking managers and think its far to early to throw in the towel and start again under a new regime.

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

With a wage bill a quater of ours and never below mid table ,a proven championship manager many contacts ,will get defence organisied ,will have to work on a shoestring ,will get westwood boyd hutchinson playing who are fully fit and make the most of what we have ,will get in 2-3 loans in jan .will play a system what players understand ,make subs what make sense and not 75 80 mins when 2-0 down 

And bore us to tears. 

39 minutes ago, modboy said:

Steve Bruce. Proven Championship manager 

Took over a relagated Premier league stalwart, had plenty of quality to start with, added £60 million worth of talent to what he already had.... Lost to us, got sack and left them in 13th place in the table after getting nowhere near a top two spot.... I think like mclaren, he's washed up and passed it now he can't have the monopoly of Manchester United starlets and surplus from his mate fergie. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Been an advocate for Mick, knows the league inside out but would be the type of appointment we've not made under DC  in that regard and one I would endorse.

Do I think there needs to be a change? Not sure. Jos has been in a difficult situation since he came in but increasingly  frustrated by the constant changes of personnel and formation.

Think at the moment would be premature, but more poor performances/results in forthcoming weeks including the blunts  and pressure may be at fever pitch for a change.

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Mm, you keep quoting Barcelona why?

Piggies, leeds, and especially Borough are not exactly Barcelonaesque    are they?

I'm trying to point out that supporting Wednesday isn't nigh on guaranteed to have us liking our lips and winning most games which fans appear to expect. Not very well obviously.

Sacking the manager right now would be the worst thing we could do under the circumstances.

We can't afford it for starters. It will rock the whole boat and I can't see any better managers queuing up for a job where they'll get no money and an injury list the size of ours, all under a yet unclear leadership strategy.

28 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You do the horrible part as a matter of course imo...then you get to play.

All the good sides down the years that won trophies and leagues  were very adept at doing the ugly stuff when needed, mixed in with the sublime was a nasty, stubborn and sometimes evil streak that won them games.... 

There is an old saying... 

Rise, rise and rise again until lambs become lions!!!.. We are still very baby sheepish. Lol 

• Like 1