penney may be off

Guest The Claw

He's waited quite awhile for any chance at first team football (and taken it with both hands!) so hopefully makes sense for him to stay, and he doesn't have much competition for his place here

2 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I’d be surprised if he stays with the money he would be offered here .

He will get a contract that will rise after so many games etc , he is happy here he is playing  first team football, I am sure he will sign absolutely no sweat.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

We might as well just close down the academy if this happens it's starting to become a trend and not only at this club.

Several clubs have talked about that

The way EPPP is set up, the 'Elite' clubs can hoover up youngsters cheap (for the good of the national team lol) ... Loan them out for 10 years, then sell them back to EFL clubs for a tidy profit

The 'Elite' Prem clubs are only using their academies, to fund Galatico signings

• Like 1

Why all the panic ? Premiership clubs are watching him, so what ?! They should as he is a good player and promising prospect. I'm sure that fair few more are watching him then those named in that article.

Lets hope Chanshiri will do his best to keep him here, and that terms offered will reflect how highly player is rated by the club and how much we want him to remain Wednesday's player.

He is a good players and if getting his first team chance as long as we offer him a competitive contract similar to other first team regular in the team hopefully he will sign.

Its in the club corner to sort and get him signed up as soon as, because the more they delay the more he will get his head turned to bigger and more money.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

no player in there right mind would turn down the  chance of joining a prem club if bornmuff or brighton come sniffing around his agent then I could see him leaving …..one four year contract at a prem club and your set up for life whether you make the grade or not . ……..if we had him  tied to a two year deal we could get summat like the blunts got for brooks but sadly I can see him leaving in January for a fraction of what the blunts got …..best scenario would be sell in jan and then get him loaned back till the end of the season.  

If we look like real contenders around Christmas.. he'll have a lot to think about.

Money will win out in the end tho.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

He had played the last 10 odd games like Penney has done before he went. He would still be here now.

Not convinced by that myself, it was clear that if he signed his contract he would have been part of the first team, like Stobbs, Kirby etc have been. Just my opinion tho 

55 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

He will get a contract that will rise after so many games etc , he is happy here he is playing  first team football, I am sure he will sign absolutely no sweat.

I disagree, not how DC does things unfortunately.