penney may be off

Guest The Claw

Penney isn't the type to think he's made it. He's a down to earth lad. He works hard.

He struggled tonight, not his best game. But let's not crucify him. He's only 20 and we hadn't lost a game with him starting prior to tonight. Jos needs to give him a rest for a game or two in my opinion and reintroduce him. But some of the comments on here, ffs get a grip he's one of our own.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Penney isn't the type to think he's made it. He's a down to earth lad. He works hard.

He struggled tonight, not his best game. But let's not crucify him. He's only 20 and we hadn't lost a game with him starting prior to tonight. Jos needs to give him a rest for a game or two in my opinion and reintroduce him. But some of the comments on here, ffs get a grip he's one of our own.

Totally agree but also need to give over with all the absolute bowlax on here about giving him a 20k a week contract ...... for all the same reasons!

Poor at Bristol. Terrible tonight.

Huge promise, but needs a rocket, and Bannan gave him both barrels twice in the first 10 minutes. 

I have said a few times that Fox can play well one game, then play like Dillon the pot-smoking rabbit from Magic Roundabout next game. Penney was Dillon at Bristol and tonight.

It wasn't the fact he didn't have a great game last night (can happen to anyone, especially a youngster) it was more the impression he gave of not giving a throw that concerned me more. Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there but that's the impression I got. Perplexing....

Edited by Almat

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

It wasn't the fact he didn't have a great game last night (can happen to anyone, especially a youngster) it was more the impression he gave of not giving a throw that concerned me more. Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there but that's the impression I got. Perplexing....

I think it's his style 

however inconsistency is what happens with younger players   

imo the contract thing and who knows possible whispers in his ear might be unsettling him 

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I think it's his style 

imo the contract thing and who knows possible whispers in his ear might be unsettling him 

If that’s the case he’s not cut out for a career in professional football.

He’s just been given his chance at an average championship club. If he can’t grasp that with both hands then his career is over before it’s even started!

Young players will be inconsistent and doesn't help he's been moved around the pitch positoonally.

But, performances have dipped, confidence is a good thing but needs to concentrate on the basics, retain the ball and complete a pass.

I don't like 5 at the back one bit, both he and Palmer/Baker look more comfortable in a back 4 and from what I've seen, Hector could be that midfield beast we've been lacking, if played further forward.

Fluidity in tactics is a good thing but doesn't help young players sometimes who are still learning the game.

41 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

If Villa are interested then geat.

Based on Penney's last few performances how much would we have to pay them to take him off our hands?

Boyd could have offered so much more at left wing back last night.

Whilst I don't rate Boyd, he's nowhere near the team. We seem to be experimenting with the set ups, formation and players rather than having a fixed team. Seems like pre-season at the moment. I never known so many professional players seemingly frozen out of the club. People often point to their attitude etc. but surely this is all about good management. These players are costing us a pile of cash each week, whilst we watch the likes of Penny, Dawson and Thorniley make mistakes in the name of development?

Doesn't stop the owner charging 40 odd quid for the pleasure tho.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I think it's his style 

Well if there's firm interest from the PL, then that's that.

He gawn.

10 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Due a bad game. But probably not that bad. 

He has been over hyped as a lot Wednesday fans (football fans in general) always do.

He had an impressive debut. Then did nothing but ok in a few other matches. Did one run against Stoke which made people think he had a good game. 

In my opinion he’s had more poor games than good ones. Last night he was shocking 

he was v poor no doubt but same could be said about all of them. way I see it is the defence is an absolute mess ,jos needs to stop been a d**k and bring back westwood and Hutchinson and boyd why pay these 3 80k a week between them for doing nothing . we cant keep a clean sheet if this continues we will get dragged towards the bottom 6 come December . im just not convinced by jos at all ,he has got away this season with some strange team selections and tactics , we were so poor yesterday yet he wouldn't fetch onamah who was quality in his last 2 games , he is also still putting Kirby on the bench when Hutchinson and boyd are fully fit mind boggling . 

Edited by handworth52
spelling

Lacked a bit of direction last night and in some cases wasn’t helped by his team mates in terms of options for a pass. He’s still learning the defensive side of the game which shouldn’t be too much of a surprise for a player who is obviously attack minded but despite this didn’t do too bad on this side.

I expect him to be rested in one of the away games this next week but we’ll be ok because it’ll probably be Fox playing in his place :laugh: